IGNORED

I don't disagree with Trump on Anything

createdequal

Guest PinkBelt
2 hours ago, createdequal said:

I'm not sure I want to respond to someone who does petty things like this.... just my visceral response..

I just told you why I did it. You don't walk into a room and tell everyone "listen to me because I'm smartest". 

Proverbs 3:7
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. 

You started a thread saying you were bright, tried to think things through to their logical conclusion and we should listen to you based on that declaration alone. Afterwards you followed up with numerous swipes at almost all news outlets and the DNC, as if all democrat voters don't think through their political views. So which is it? Are you a thoughtful person who weighs the issues or a partisan hack? If someone is only reading what they want to hear, that's not researching one's views it's called confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just a suggestion, or perhaps more of an observation . . . 

Might it not be more productive to discuss things about the person and actions of the U.S. President, that to discuss how or whether an individual should hold, express or opine on said president?

"Hi, I Omegaman, approve of most of Trump's policies, and find his personality to be obnoxious".

Has I made such a statement, I would think the best responses would be to ask, why  I think anyone should care about my opinion, and better still, don't respond at all! Just a thought!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, createdequal said:

I can't think of one thing I disagree w/ Trump on.

I would say this is a problem. Just to name a few problematic positions of Trump (which have drawn bipartisan criticism), he denigrates women and has explicitly referred to sexually assaulting them (the infamous bus recording), has continued to back the Saudi war in Yemen (despite bipartisan legislation against the war and the humanitarian crisis it causes), attacked a Gold Star family (after they spoke at the Democratic Convention), called into question Sen. John McCain's service to the country and supported Putin over members of the intelligence community that he appointed. This is not to mention the numerous lies he has told in office. You may like some of his policies but saying you agree with him on everything is way overboard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:40 PM, PinkBelt said:

I just told you why I did it. You don't walk into a room and tell everyone "listen to me because I'm smartest". 

Proverbs 3:7
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. 

You started a thread saying you were bright, tried to think things through to their logical conclusion and we should listen to you based on that declaration alone. Afterwards you followed up with numerous swipes at almost all news outlets and the DNC, as if all democrat voters don't think through their political views. So which is it? Are you a thoughtful person who weighs the issues or a partisan hack? If someone is only reading what they want to hear, that's not researching one's views it's called confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias

I never said that I am smart so that is why people should listen to me. I only shared a little of who I am so that people will realize such things as:

intelligent, educated, thoughtful people (which I try to be) who love Jesus (which I try to do)

voted for Trump

logical people can see that, despite all Trump's.. well, let's just say despite all that went on or may have gone on in his past life, he is doing a good job of running this country and THAT is what should be paramount for a president. 

Edited by createdequal
clarity

17 hours ago, createdequal said:

logical people can see that, despite all Trump's.. well, let's just say despite all that went on or may have gone on in his past life, he is doing a good job of running this country and THAT is what should be paramount for a president. 

So you would agree with his trade war against China, his continued backing (via arms sales) of the Saudi war in Yemen, his handling of N.K., and his agreement with dictators like Putin and Xi over his intelligence community and democratic activists? These all seem like highly problematic decisions that have been criticized by members of both major political parties. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, ChessPlayer said:

So you would agree with his trade war against China, his continued backing (via arms sales) of the Saudi war in Yemen, his handling of N.K., and his agreement with dictators like Putin and Xi over his intelligence community and democratic activists? These all seem like highly problematic decisions that have been criticized by members of both major political parties. 

I agree w/ him on China 100%

I can't say I know much about the Saudi war in Yemen so I won't comment one way or the other

As to Putin and your contention that Trump believes him over our intelligence agencies... I don't think Trump does. I think this is the thing: our intelligence agencies conspired to throw the 16 election so why should they be believed any more than Putin? They are just as crooked--more so? I mean, we expect Russia to interfere w/ elections..

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, ChessPlayer said:

Saudi war in Yemen, his handling of N.K., and his agreement with dictators like Putin and Xi over his intelligence community and democratic activists? These all seem like highly problematic decisions that have been criticized by members of both major political parties. 

What else is new?

the Dems are against anything Trump wants just bc Trump wants it. That's really brilliant, isn't it? All the far Left in DC care about is politics and power and getting it (keeping it). They do NOT care about Americans... If they did, they would appreciate what Trump has done for us.

Republicans criticize Trump too? ho hum... Again.. What else is new? Some Rs are just rinos who think they have to agree with the Dems every now and then just bc... well, heck... just because.

I guess because it looks "good"

looks :"open minded"

please. It looks like politics to me.. trying to get a few lib voters or whatever, at the cost of truth (etc)

Edited by createdequal

16 hours ago, createdequal said:

I agree w/ him on China 100%

I can't say I know much about the Saudi war in Yemen so I won't comment one way or the other

As to Putin and your contention that Trump believes him over our intelligence agencies... I don't think Trump does. I think this is the thing: our intelligence agencies conspired to throw the 16 election so why should they be believed any more than Putin? They are just as crooked--more so? I mean, we expect Russia to interfere w/ elections..

Regarding the trade war with China, the problems arise when we talk about the economic impact on the US. Recent economic data points towards a downturn in the market and possibly a recession which has been correlated with Trump's economic policies. This is not to mention the devastating impact the trade war is having on the American agricultural sector. I agree with the notion that China is a bad actor in terms of trade and economic policies. However, this one vs. one trade war is not really the way to go about isolating the world's second largest economy. Rather, an international coalition would be a better approach. Unfortunately, Trump continues to isolate ourselves from our allies making that rather unlikely. 

Regarding the war in Yemen, it is causing an international refugee crisis although significantly less talked about than the crisis in Syria. The US currently sells arms to the Saudis. After the death of a reporter at the hands of Saudi intelligence and military agents and most likely at the behest of Crown Prince MBS, Congress decided to stop the sale of arms to the Saudis. The President vetoed this idea. This sets a poor precedent in my mind as US weapons are being used to commit serious atrocities in Yemen and we are backing a dictator with a brutal responses to a free press. 

Trump said in 2018 in Helsinki that he didn't "see any reason why" the Russian government would have interfered with the 2016 election. This was after the FBI and intelligence community provided evidence to the nature of the interference completed at the behest of the Russian government. Siding with the Russian government over our intelligence gathering community is a dangerous precedent and poses a threat to national security.  

Regarding your conspiracy theory that intelligence communities conspired to throw the 2016 election, there is no credible evidence of such a plot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:17 AM, ChessPlayer said:

Regarding your conspiracy theory that intelligence communities conspired to throw the 2016 election, there is no credible evidence of such a plot. 

Oh my.. you obviously only watch Corrupt Not-News station (as I call it, aka cnn) and others who  couldn't care less about their boss, the DNC, throwing the 16 election because they wanted crooked hillary to win, and so, of course do not bring their viewers any of those stories about Strozk and Page and etc... well, if you haven't been following those stories and it looks like you haven't.. you are WAY behind and I don't have the time to spell it out here. It would take a book sized post..

Better yet, you could read the book The Russia Hoax by Gregg Jarrett

Edited by createdequal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, createdequal said:

Oh my.. you obviously only watch Corrupt Not-News station (as I call it, aka cnn)

What News station do you watch.