Having faith in difficult times

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for all of your prayers! Today he did his chemo and things have gone ok. He was pretty down like always while doing chemo and now he is home with the pump for 46 hours, he hates it but better than sitting there. Please pray that he (we) will make the right decision about one of the chemo drugs. Treatment is normally 2 different drugs, they have only been giving him one because the other one causes neuropathy and a majority of the time it can be permanent after a few treatments, and this can come on months after chemo has stopped. Since he has already struggled with neuropathy issues he is very worried about this second drug as it will really affect his quality of life, he would have difficulties working, walking ect. Please pray we will make the right decision on whether to continue or stop that one. Thank you

Well just another update. This is day 6 from his chemo and with this new chemo at half dose he has been very sick and has slept the majority of the time.  He doesn't want to do the second chemo anymore, I am torn on it. I pray that the right decision is made for him and praying heavily about all of it. I know no matter what God is the ultimate healer. There are a lot of literature that the second chemo drug is only a boost for the main one and it doesn't add a lot of percentage to survival. 

What we re really dealing with lately is my husband as I've mentioned is very up and down on moods, lately he really has been down and thinks it will come back anyways and will die from this eventually. Please pray for him and me as I never know what to say and still for his salvation.  thank you

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

17 minutes ago, worriedwife69 said:

Well just another update. This is day 6 from his chemo and with this new chemo at half dose he has been very sick and has slept the majority of the time.  He doesn't want to do the second chemo anymore, I am torn on it. I pray that the right decision is made for him and praying heavily about all of it. I know no matter what God is the ultimate healer. There are a lot of literature that the second chemo drug is only a boost for the main one and it doesn't add a lot of percentage to survival. 

What we re really dealing with lately is my husband as I've mentioned is very up and down on moods, lately he really has been down and thinks it will come back anyways and will die from this eventually. Please pray for him and me as I never know what to say and still for his salvation.  thank you

Dear WW,

You are a very brave woman. This is the time now to rest in Him. There is nothing you can do but pray for him, and with him if he desires. Pray also for yourself. We are praying with you. You can have the best medicine this age brings, and the most talented doctors in the land, but only God heals.

Psalm 127:1 (NIV) "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain."

Keep yourself together in Him. God bless you sister, and your husband too.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

1 hour ago, worriedwife69 said:

54 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Dear WW,

You are a very brave woman. This is the time now to rest in Him. There is nothing you can do but pray for him, and with him if he desires. Pray also for yourself. We are praying with you. You can have the best medicine this age brings, and the most talented doctors in the land, but only God heals.

Psalm 127:1 (NIV) "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain."

I completely agree with every word Coliseum wrote. 

You are doing the best you can and you are being a good servant of God by holding fast to your faith and trust in Him. My prayers continue for you and your husband. 

God bless you both.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

My husband used to be angry with God and didn’t understand the gospel of grace. He was willing to go to church. What really helped him was daring to attend the men’s bible study. That’s when he got saved. Those Christian men were who he apparently needed to listen to. Thank God!  I was tired. Just my experience with my once lost, now saved (and baptized!) husband. Bless you and keep the faith sister!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, Coliseum said:

Dear WW,

Now is the time to practice faith. Faith is taking a Promise Of God and believing on it to the extent that one will ACT on it.......Here is a great Promise Of God to hang on to——

“ I am the God that healith thee” Any Believer can hang on to that Promise with Faith and it will come  to Pass . Some will get the healing down here, some will get it “ up there” but EVERYONE that BELIEVES   “WILL” be healed ......I will be praying that your faith and the faith of your husband will be strong as you find yourself in this terrible valley.May God bless both of you...

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to drop in and say hi, things have been the same here. Husband is doing chemo although he decided to no do the second chemo, even at half the dose it caused a lot of unpleasant side effect for 2 weeks. I worry about that but I know it's not my decision and know God is the ultimate healer. He went in for a CT scan yesterday because he has been having low abdominal pain for a couple of weeks now and now the wait is very stressful as we go through this week and will know the results on Friday. I told him I am praying everything will be good and that nothing serious is going on. My question is what if my prayer isn't answered that way and something is going on, being that he already says God hasn't answered any of his prayers he will just say God didn't do anything for him again. How would I answer this for him? I mean I'm praying it will be answered and I can say God answered mine and everyone's prayers who are praying for him, I just don't know how I would respond. Please pray for him and the scan thank you

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

10 hours ago, worriedwife69 said:

I told him I am praying everything will be good and that nothing serious is going on. My question is what if my prayer isn't answered that way and something is going on, being that he already says God hasn't answered any of his prayers he will just say God didn't do anything for him again. How would I answer this for him? I mean I'm praying it will be answered and I can say God answered mine and everyone's prayers who are praying for him, I just don't know how I would respond.

This is a difficult thing answer from a Christian to someone who is struggling to believe in Jesus.  God's plans are just what they are.  Sometimes God's answer is either silence, or a work in progress that may take much more time to reveal.  There is an ultimate reason your husband is unfortunately having this time of suffering.  It may just to be giving him the experience in how to handle hardship.  God only knows.

It is certainly understandable that your husband would be frustrated and even angry with God for his health problems.  

He is a good God, even through the struggles, and we should still praise Him... even in the waiting times.

Many blessings and prayers for you and your husband.

-- Michelle

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

The Lord answered our prayers and the scan showed nothing, I was able to tell my husband that he answered the prayers of everyone who was praying for him. He didn't say anything so I am so thankful, I feel God is working in him.  

• Praise God! 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, since the last time I was on and updated, my husband had his scan which was good. Thank God!!! First of January he had to do his treatments for his neuropathy issue he has, it flared up again in mid Dec. So 5 days of that which put his chemo out going on 3 weeks now due to low blood count. It is difficult because he just wants to get them done. I made the decision to reopen my daycare Feb 3 knowing he would only have 2 more chemos left and now he is at 3 if he can go in Monday. His moods have been all over the place, one minute he seems happy then the next he is angry and is constantly saying he is so tired of all this stuff that keeps happening to him and doesn't want to deal with it all anymore. It is SO HARD to know what to say and do when he talks like that.

I am nervous reopening because there is that fear something will happen with his health again, which puts us, (me) in a position to have to make a decision to remain open or close again. One of us has to work and my income is more steady. Please continue to pray for us. His health, his attitude his salvation. Please pray for me, strength and to have faith. thank you