IGNORED

Signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea?

luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,774
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Seems a bit of a leap to call failing hearts = heart attacks.  It's more a term for feeling very scared, faint hearted.

One of the problems with KJV is how the use of language has changed the meaning of words over the centuries.

So what you are then claiming is that the Lord is describing people severely distressed about what they perceive is coming upon the earth?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

6 hours ago, luigi said:

So here is the question: If the current distress of nations with perplexity is due to increase as the environment continues to deteriorate as the scientific consensus claims; how then will we know the difference between any supposed supernatural signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea, from those the scientific consensus already recognizes will occur due to mankind's destruction of the environment?

Hi luigi,

you are clearly a person that has put a lot of thought into this.  I say that based on your responses to people in this topic.  You pose good questions. 

Of course, you run into a lot of discussion as you framed your question around a heated political topic (good pun?).  I have my opnions about the Climate Change issue too, but I really see the whole topic of Climate Change as yet one more distraction that keeps people focused on lessor issues, no matter which side they are on.  That opinion lends more weight to your question: If people are wrapped up in the Climate Change debate, how will the recognition of signs be possible?  It is a question worth pondering.  The Book of Revelation carries its own built in promise of blessing, so it must be worth spending some time on the pondering.  But when we look at prior prophecies that have been fulfilled, we see that it can be difficult or impossible to get it right before the event.  So I suppose that leads me to ponder these things, but not put too much confidence in my conclusions.

So - to offer my opinion - I see more references to spiritual activity that was more prominent in the epochs that Jesus referred to (Noah and Sodom).  And certainly we see such activities in other stories throughout the scriptures. But, IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we do not see much activity at all at this time.  But, taking Revelation as being not completely allegory, we see times more resembling the "between the lines" stories of Noah and Sodom.  SO - my assumption is that as the times progress something will happen that influences the Western world to be confronted with the reality of the spirit realms.

To answer your question directly: I can see that the current Climate Change debate could cause many to miss the events - if the events are of a type and level that such explanations could make sense.  I think the the LORD has often provided opportunity for those who choose to despise him to continue to do so.  He does not force submission .  He is waiting for people to turn to Him and see Him as he is: the LORD, merciful and loving.  When we know him, we will do better at recognizing the signs.  Although my current observation is that many today would not know Him if he physically walked in the room, just as the best prophecy experts missed him as he stood before them 2000 years ago. 

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

My answer can also be found in the same Olivette Discourse. The chapter begins with the story of the widows mites! After that the disciples asked Christ about the end times " And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?" and what follows is Christ beginning His end time discourse this way, "

8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Notice that the first thing He said is "take heed that ye be not deceived, for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them." Before He even began the discourse He warned of those who would say that the time draweth near and warned us not to follow them.

Only with that disclaimer did Christ embark on the discussion which you reference out of context.

Hello unworthyservant,

Yes take heed that ye be not deceived when many come in the name of Christ. What is the name of Christ?

Recently I saw this movie Defiance with Lief Shreiber and Daniel Craig where two jewish rabbis claim how today's messiah's represent people with mustaches and long speeches. They were describing Hitler and Stalin as their then day Messiahs with the answers to resolve the times problems.

As we know today, Hitler and Stalin were false Messiahs, yet today we are beset by many false Messiahs who claim to have the answers to resolve the times problems.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

9 minutes ago, luigi said:

Recently I saw this movie Defiance with Lief Shreiber and Daniel Craig where two jewish rabbis claim how today's messiah's represent people with mustaches and long speeches. They were describing Hitler and Stalin as their then day Messiahs with the answers to resolve the times problems.

As we know today, Hitler and Stalin were false Messiahs, yet today we are beset by many false Messiahs who claim to have the answers to resolve the times problems.

I don't know about the movie but I do agree that when liars and False Teachers manage to convince enough people of their lies and gain political power it takes things to a whole different level. (It's been said that those who desire political power are most often those whom we should least trust to wield it). That said, we must also remain vigilant for the sneakier (Satan is a sneaky fellow) and perhaps less public ones that preach their lies with the "Jawbone of an Ass" from the pulpit. 

Edited by unworthyservant
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I am claiming nothing. I gave a factual answer on the modern meaning of the term 'failing' hearts, and pointing out that language has changed over 500 years and some words now have different meanings.

We are now here at the end times when knowledge about these end time events is supposed to increase (Daniel 12:4 & 9).

50 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I don't know about the movie but I do agree that when liars and False Teachers manage to convince enough people of their lies and gain political power it takes things to a whole different level. (It's been said that those who desire political power are most often those whom we should least trust to wield it). That said, we must also remain vigilant for the sneakier (Satan is a sneaky fellow) and perhaps less public ones that preach their lies with the "Jawbone of an Ass" from the pulpit. 

Satan is the ruler of this world; we are all currently deceived by satan on numerous issues.

Revelation 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 

1 minute ago, luigi said:

Satan is the ruler of this world; we are all currently deceived by satan on numerous issues.

I beg to differ, while he is indeed deceiving many (even many Christians) don't say ALL. Never is a word I seldom use for good reason! Those who have Faith and let God run their lives according to His will, will see Satan for what he is every time. And NO, Satan is not the ruler, he's just running amok and deceiving a great many along the way until God (Who is the real Ruler!)puts a stop to all that at His appointed time!

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

My KJV says, "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken".

yes, look at that statement and think about what it means!

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I quote it only because it's well known and you are correct in order to understand some of it requires a little knowledge of how the Royals spoke in 17th Century England. BTW, it is written in the King's English or the way that it was spoken in the Palace and not in common vernacular even of that day.

Unworthyservant, King James spent a kings fortune hiring the best interpreters of his time over an approximate two year time period to translate all the manuscripts of the time into what is now the KJV.

Most modern day translations are derived from the KJV.

15 minutes ago, luigi said:

yes, look at that statement and think about what it means!

K