• Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/1/2019 at 12:18 AM, Sower said:

"Man Sees Your Actions. God Sees Your Motives"

Yes, plus God stated He sought our compassion not our sacrifices.

References Hosea 6:6 and Matthew 9:13

Actually I do not buy th eidea that one cannot out give God. One sure can if the motive is to receive back, for that is wrong motivation in the first place. Much like putting  my money on Red, or even on black, the house also has 0 and 00  "green you lose!"

The Bible is chuck full of miracles of course and rewards and good things that happen to below average people. But the glory is always to God and not to the person used of God to accomplish even generosity. The idea of not letting the left hand know what the right is doing  is not so that one gains more  personally. It has nothing to do with personal gain at all.

If one wants to go about getting their name on lists as benefactors to a cause, that mention of them is their reward, nothing more nothing less. Ha I could paper my study with them from the Donald alone, but i wouldn't have room for all those pictures of himself that he sends me.

God sends me no lists with my name no pictures of himself, and no personal gain to me that i may connect with anything  I may have done in the way of sharing, even sacrifically  and joyfully. But God stated he loves the joyful giver. That is wondrous in of itself.

God does NOT need me to share of what I may do  with anyone in order for another to also be a joyful giver, no more than He has need of me  in order to bring about eternal life with him  for another. I may share of him as testimony but ai save no one God alone does that. Same with giving an dbeing  a sharer of the items that perish, or will perish here. Why will  want more of them anyway? That is not the goal of the believer  and the follower of our lord nd savir Jesus fr as I know.

No matter how it is sold the idea of believe in Jesus and prosper today is pure BS; give to get, same thing. I give for more than  tithes and offerings, same thing. Just hear the Holy Spirit move when He moves and pray upon what  is heard as a personal leading  from God, and don't get in the way, nor work to make the end result what  I may think it should be, seems to work for me.

I have an issue with reporting as a deduction from taxes to IRS for that reason. Plus I do not find it particularly  distressing to read that  a politician has not declared much  if anything as a deductible gift. For that person may well have the same issue, they do not want to keep record nor share  of what they have given with their other hand never mind with the world through IRS.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, Worship Warriors said:

In our fallen state, we all crave for the praise of men. This is what gratifies the heart of fallen men; to be made much of for our accomplishments especially for our moral and religious accomplishment.

Oh no not so. There is no "we" between me and thee on this one. Sorry it may be you and it may be yet another, that I do not know, but I do know it is not so to me, never has been  before my own awares of God nor after. And so perhaps then not to some or many or even most others as well.

Seems an overreach to state "we" and then follow with  such a statement. All are not as a Pharisee.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Neighbor said:

Actually I do not buy th eidea that one cannot out give God.

Your privilege!
It's not all about money, Neighbor.
God's best blessings are not monetary!
It's more about, as (I) understand it, the eternal rewards.
And THAT goes through God's filter, the
furnace.
As you quoted me, " God Sees Your Motives"
Like for posting a reply on worthy..............

Remembered;
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6; 38
Just TRYING to say, God's promises are true! You can not out give God!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Only 2 targets after your family and parents.  The poor and the itenerent preacher. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

“If the Holy Spirit lives within you, He’s gonna make a  giver out Of you”

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“If the Holy Spirit lives within you, He’s gonna make a  giver out Of you”

Yes He will . But the Holy Spirit will not force you to give. You can choose not to give because you have a free will.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

He will not force you.....he will CHANGE you......He will change you into the type of  person that “ wants” to give......A person who wants to give so badly, he can’t be held back ......that’s the “ hilarious “ giver God  wants.....Bereft of that proper attitude, keep your money .It will go down with you when you die, and IF you make it to Heaven, YOU will be the one that suffers the loss of the rewards you could have had.Everybody knows from the Bible that “ we reap what we sew”. Most ignore the context .Paul was talking about giving.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Neighbor said:

Actually I do not buy th eidea that one cannot out give God. One sure can if the motive is to receive back, for that is wrong motivation in the first place. Much like putting  my money on Red, or even on black, the house also has 0 and 00  "green you lose!"

Please try to consider..
From Debp's recent post in General Discussions.
I notice your like of Spurgeon, Neighbor, and here is his take on giving.

Debp says; Charles Spurgeon's Faith's Checkbook has many gems of thought in it.   I'll try to add more of these devotionals, hopefully each day or so.
(Thank You Debp)

Divine Recompense, Charles Spurgeon

He that watereth shall be watered also himself. (Proverbs 11:25 

If I carefully consider others, God will consider me, and in some way or other He will recompense me. Let me consider the poor, and the Lord will consider me. Let me look after little children, and the Lord will treat me as His child. Let me feed His flock, and He will feed me. Let me water His garden, and He will make a watered garden of my soul. This is the Lord's own promise; be it mine to fulfill the condition and then to expect its fulfillment.   You have to believe, and that He is so faithful.........
I may care about myself till I grow morbid; I may watch over my own feelings till I feel nothing; and I may lament my own weakness till I grow almost too weak to lament. It will be far more profitable for me to become unselfish and out of love to my Lord Jesus begin to care for the souls of those around me. My tank is getting very low; no fresh rain comes to fill it; what shall l do? I will pull up the plug and let its contents run out to water the withering plants around me. What do I see? My cistern seems to fill as it flows. A secret spring is at work. (cool) While all was stagnant, the fresh spring was sealed; but as my stock flows out to water others the Lord thinketh upon me. Hallelujah!
Do you say that Spurgeon lost his rewards, for telling others about this nugget of wisdom??

I seem to only stumble when trying to express myself to you Neighbor, concerning what I have discovered about
how giving has changed me, my life, my family, and my understanding of God's awesome faithfulness.
It seems so difficult to share the neat aspects of how cool God intricately works His will in
my life without you seeing it as a brag, or only to be seen by others.  Your wrong.

Charles Spurgeon can tell it with an eloquence beyond my stumbling, and his version may appear
more Godly, more acceptable to you, and I hope you at least understand the wisdom within
his little  "gem"

Spurgeon is not bragging here about his giving.

We reap what we sow.  

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over,
will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 
Luke 6; 38

These are the words of God, so you will have to take it up with Him.