• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Lea-anne,

I hate that you had this experience. Unfortunately, this is what some teach. But, as the Bible says, tongues come as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. Not as you give utterance. Dont seek tongues. Instead, seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit. All through the book of Acts, when the church recieved the gift of the Holy Spirit, they spoke in tongues. It is for you and for all who will ask. Ask the Lord for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, He wants to give this to you, and it is fully biblical. Tongues are the result of recieving the baptism, the baptism is more important.

God bless you.

:rolleyes: A-M-E-N!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Don't worry about not speaking in tongues, I have never ever spoken in tongues except in dreams. And even then, I would only say things to other people that only they could understand. Which is very irritating to me. But anyway, If it was the Holy Spirit then I don't think anyone should worry about speaking in tongues or not. I mean, I never have so, besides, the Bible says that it isn't the end of the world if you don't get this gift. Either you do or you don't.

By the way, could someone please ask God to tell me what who says in my dreams because it annoys me to no end that I can't either remember or understand that thing of which I can't remember to understand. ECT.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The gift of tongues and speaking in tongues upon recieving the baptism of the Holy Spirit are two different things. Speaking in tongues was a sign to the apostles that they had recieved the Holy Spirit. When one recieves the baptism of the Holy Spirit, he/she will speak in tongues. That is what we seek, the Holy Spirit. This happened all through Acts and it is for EVERY believer. See Acts 2:38-39.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I was thinking about it and watchin in my livingroom , i prayed and asked the lord , i started to just let myself speak and out it came.........

It doesnt make sence to me but it sure makes a difference in my life. this is prayer of the HOLY SPIRIT and it is a perfect prayer.............

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Hello to all.

Might be a weird question but I am concerned for the fact I have never spoken in tongues, nor felt "drunken" in the spirit.

I have heard stories from people in prayer for a long time and it happening to him. While I have had sensational prayers, it still hasnt happened.

I just want to know how and when it happened to you. Any stories, because this might be helpful for me and possibly others.

Peace.

I can't explain it, it just happened one day. I don't really remember the first time. Also, the times I have been "drunk" or "high" in the spirit was so euphoric. But it is not like what you feel when on drugs or anything. It is like the real thing but without all the negative side affects. Just keep asking, it will come.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I received my prayer language while I was at a Joyce Meyer meeting in Buffalo! :):emot-hug::wub:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138

Edited by reconditioned

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey, rec!

Talk to the Holy Spirit yourself, if you know Jesus! He is living right inside you! Accept Jesus as your Saviour today and you will have the Holy Spirit as our constant companion forever.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom y'all,

I was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues at a "Jesus Festival" in Florida in the late 70's.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  103
  • Birthday:  06/13/1987

I recieved the gift of tongues last Wednesday at my friend's youth group. I was on Spring Break and I figured I'd go to church with her while I was home. After the sermon, the pastor called for anyone who wanted to recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit, so I went up. My friend and and other girl prayed over me. I started talking to God, then tongues came out. I don't really remember what it sounded like, but it was very surreal.