IGNORED

What is the significance of Abraham obedience ?

Worship Warriors

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

We tend to think that God so love the world that he gave His only begotten Son. But because of the disobedience of Adam, there is a sin issue to be dealt with. There has to be the obedience of another man before God could send His Son. Because Abraham was obedient to God, he gave to God that which was most precious to him. All the promises of God was in that boy. That act of obedience open heaven for all of us. God then responded to a human being that gave that up everything to Him. Because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son, your only son, God send us His only begotten Son.

2000 years later Mount Moriah: in the very place that Abraham built an altar to sacrifice Isaac, in that very place Jesus was crucified 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,237
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Salvation has always hinged upon God not man:

Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
KJV

25 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Salvation has always hinged upon God not man:

Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
KJV

I agree that the plan of salvation originated from God even before the foundation of the world.  But God choose a man and from that man the nation Israel through whom to bring His salvation .

The reason He choose Abraham is because He knew that would be obedient to Him. Because of the disobedience of Adam, there is a sin issue to be dealt with. There has to be the obedience of another man before God could send His Son.

Genesis 22:16 By myself have I sworn, said the LORD, for because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son:... God did this so that : by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold on the hope set before us (Hebrews 6:18 )

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,237
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We will have to agree to disagree in this...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

We will have to agree to disagree in this...

is it ok for me to disagree along beside you???

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,375
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 9/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Worship Warriors said:

We tend to think that God so love the world that he gave His only begotten Son. But because of the disobedience of Adam, there is a sin issue to be dealt with. There has to be the obedience of another man before God could send His Son. Because Abraham was obedient to God, he gave to God that which was most precious to him. All the promises of God was in that boy. That act of obedience open heaven for all of us. God then responded to a human being that gave that up everything to Him. Because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son, your only son, God send us His only begotten Son.

2000 years later Mount Moriah: in the very place that Abraham built an altar to sacrifice Isaac, in that very place Jesus was crucified 

Hi Worship Warriors, and how are you all? I have read your above post, and just to encourage you with your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Hi Worship Warriors, and how are you all? I have read your above post, and just to encourage you with your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your encouragement.  

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Praise God! 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:27 PM, Worship Warriors said:

Thanks for your encouragement.  

How are you all ? I don't know your name, but Hi, I'm Walter, my wife name is Deborah we call her Debbie for short.

Aren't you excited about the way that the LORD has given us that measure of faith? 

Romans 12:3 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:45 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

How are you all ? I don't know your name, but Hi, I'm Walter, my wife name is Deborah we call her Debbie for short.

Aren't you excited about the way that the LORD has given us that measure of faith? 

Romans 12:3 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

My name is Jacqueline. I am from Australia. 

The above verse of scripture : I thought that it related to the various motivational gifts from reading the rest of the chapter?  is that correct?

11 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

My name is Jacqueline. I am from Australia. 

The above verse of scripture : I thought that it related to the various motivational gifts from reading the rest of the chapter?  is that correct?

Amen, that is correct for its context. Romans 12:1-21

• Thumbs Up 1