IGNORED

are you more a dog person or cat person? is that telling?

createdequal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,639
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 minutes ago, miaandme said:

If they are trained right they can be your best friend.

And there is the rub. "If they are trained right". Few animals get trained at all , most end up training their owners. Home insurance companies, and landlords are death on most all variants of the large dogs, especially the shepherd  Germany or Belgian. Don't get the dog first and then ask  the home insurer or landlord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

My wife came with a free cat.

My eleven year marriage also came with a free Manx that was found roaming the streets, and given to me by my step father. From there it was only the beginning. In time, our family established and self funded a feline sanctuary. We had twelve of our own, and about half a dozen strays and/or unwanted ones at any given time. All were named and knew when they were called. We even had a daily visitor from the neighbors across the way. He was a gorgeous black half Persian and apparently liked our food better. What a sweet guy he was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

I never had problems with the animals when they are friendly just when they try to bite me I tend to get more scared of the breed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,639
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

My eleven year marriage also came with a free Manx that was found roaming the streets, and given to me by my step father. From there it was only the beginning. In time, our family established and self funded a feline sanctuary. We had twelve of our own, and about half a dozen strays and/or unwanted ones at any given time. All were named and knew when they were called. We even had a daily visitor from the neighbors across the way. He was a gorgeous black half Persian and apparently liked our food better. What a sweet guy he was. 

Ha, wonderful.  

I benefit from a neighbor like that  in the woods. People just drop off their own unwanted animals and they quickly wander up. It's okay, well till they get to calling for mating at 3 AM. The animals that is. That takes a little patience training on my part. If one or two or even twenty of God's own little creatures, patience calm, enjoy. It could be worse. A neighbor could be a violent nutcase, better that they so love animals.

Praise God for them I guess. But to tend in a neighborhood more than twenty wow! I'm impressed, what fortitude that must take never mind kibble.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I like cats but currently have 2 rescue greyhounds and a foster galgo. My boyfriend has a huge old tyme bulldog. My sister visits with her guide dog so lots of big dogs in my house. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, createdequal said:

I wonder what it shows about a person to know the person likes cats but not dogs or vice versa or likes both equally?

I tend to not like dogs unless they are well behaved and get the picture when you show discomfort  about them jumping on you or whatever

I like cats because they don't (well, usually) jump on you while you are walking. they wait for you to sit down, most of the time. 

the psychologists among us can maybe learn something through this important information :)

" psychologists among us"

please explain why it is said that

"diamonds are a girl's best friend,"
                    and
  "a dog is man's best friend"....
default_cool2.gif.efdba41fa385a7b20c36f446d1f6982e.gif

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,247
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

I am an animal lover, for house pets cats, dogs, they bring life, warmth and love to a home. It has been my experience that dogs are a lot more of a responsibility, so it is only fair in regards to the animals to make a responsible decision knowing as many facts as possible concerning the care of any animals before taking it into ones own care & responsibility.

Edited by 1to3