• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,623
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just and also merciful, not harsh:

" Then he began to denounce the cities where most of his mighty works had been done, because they did not repent.  “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.  But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you.  And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.  But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;  yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of different opinions which I expected, but I'm staying with HARSH AT TIMES ALONG WITH LOVING AT OTHER TIMES, because I still think we need that side of Jesus to keep us on the "STRAIGHT AND NARROW PATH when we stray.

We all have our own way of seeing things and this just works great for me. 

So if you don't agree - like NEIGHBOR says- GET OVER IT :24::red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:.  LOL

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Authority and judgement=

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee

he which converteth the sinnerfrom the error of his way shall save a soul from death

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Psalm 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Except a man be born again, HE CANNOT SEE the kingdom of God.

whosoever sinneth HATH NOT SEEN HIM, neither known him

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed (Christ is the seed) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 3:Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The word harsh means unjust in some way. So Jesus was not harsh. But he was strong and unbending. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

/WAYS OF THE  GREAT FATHER

Edited by DAVID5

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

How’s this for “harshness” . Jesus deliberately hid the Truth from some that could have been saved! That is why He spoke in Parables—- “lest some would understand and be saved”.

Chastening is so we be worthy, as without being worthy we drink and eat damnation to ourselves.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Truth is not hidden, truth is as unhidden and clear as the light, it is the darkness of mans minds that cant recognise it.

Isaiah 9:2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the lightof the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

"Do not defy him, for he will not pardon your offenses, since My name is in Him." 

Yeshua is God. Yeshua is not the Father but He is the Only Unique One (monogenese) that is co-equal with the Father.

The apostles speak of Yeshua the Spirit and also Holy Spirit. They are all God and do not change.

They are Justice and Mercy in perfect balance.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Jesus Christ is not a prophet really, He is the Lord God but hid His identity.

Left the Spiritual Heaven to become flesh, but was in Heaven all along..

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Jesus Christ has the name above all in Heaven, that makes Him not equal, but the Father.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, AND EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;( no more as man now to know  the Spirit of Christ the Holy Ghost and comforter)

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/30/2019 at 10:29 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

All this makes me glad that I obey the Gospel and the latest Commandments Of Jesus......I Don’t Add to the Gospel Of Grace with Works that negate it and I do the only two things that Jesus said to do after the Cross....Believe and Love...a

I believe we are saved through faith in the name of Jesus. But you said you only  do two things. The new testament is full of commandments to follow. The lord super is one. Go preach the gospel and make disciples is one. To keep yourself pure from sexual sin is one. And many more. Once we are saved we have a lot to follow dont you think ? Does not add to the blood atonement but we are to follow Jesus.