• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

I like this rendition of 1 Cor 14:26

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (1 Cor 14:26)
I say therefore, my brethren, that whenever you gather, whoever among you has a Psalm, let him speak, or whoever has a teaching, or whoever has a revelation, or whoever has a language, or whoever has a translation, let all things be done for edification.

The implication is that in Paul's day some in the ekklesia were being discriminated against when they tried to contribute in their gatherings. Paul says, Hey, it's OK if someone has a Psalm, maybe from the OT Scriptures if they had access to copies, or maybe one they wrote themselves during the week, don't stop them from contributing these, let them share what's on their heart and this way the body of Christ will be built up. 

Also, someone might have a really good grasp of a particular doctrine, maybe the whole salvation by grace through faith thing has clicked with them and they know some others are not too sure about it, so Paul is saying to let that person speak also and build the ekklesia up. Likewise if something gets revealed by the Holy Spirit, that should be made known in the gathering, and any tongues messages and their interpretations also.

It should be an interesting gathering here, tomorrow. I'm looking forward to being edified by Psalms, and doctrines, and revelation, and maybe tongues and interpretations. So far the Holy Spirit hasn't given me anything in particular to bring to ekklesia, but often the whole thing is completely spontaneous with rivers of living water flowing from our innermost beings.

Let your will be done, Lord God Almighty. 

dove.jpg.6b5d0b9b2e62f89a7a7ce1f5e6414893.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I like this rendition of 1 Cor 14:26

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (1 Cor 14:26)
I say therefore, my brethren, that whenever you gather, whoever among you has a Psalm, let him speak, or whoever has a teaching, or whoever has a revelation, or whoever has a language, or whoever has a translation, let all things be done for edification.

The implication is that in Paul's day some in the ekklesia were being discriminated against when they tried to contribute in their gatherings. Paul says, Hey, it's OK if someone has a Psalm, maybe from the OT Scriptures if they had access to copies, or maybe one they wrote themselves during the week, don't stop them from contributing these, let them share what's on their heart and this way the body of Christ will be built up. 

Also, someone might have a really good grasp of a particular doctrine, maybe the whole salvation by grace through faith thing has clicked with them and they know some others are not too sure about it, so Paul is saying to let that person speak also and build the ekklesia up. Likewise if something gets revealed by the Holy Spirit, that should be made known in the gathering, and any tongues messages and their interpretations also.

It should be an interesting gathering here, tomorrow. I'm looking forward to being edified by Psalms, and doctrines, and revelation, and maybe tongues and interpretations. So far the Holy Spirit hasn't given me anything in particular to bring to ekklesia, but often the whole thing is completely spontaneous with rivers of living water flowing from our innermost beings.

Let your will be done, Lord God Almighty. 

dove.jpg.6b5d0b9b2e62f89a7a7ce1f5e6414893.jpg

Hi Michael,

Yes good point. When we gather in our small groups over here, we would share those things. Keep it simple I think, and focus on the Lord and His word.

The trouble is that when there are greater numbers in meetings it is not really possible for `everyone to share.` Personally I think people would grow to maturity quicker if they met in smaller numbers and were mentored by mature believers. That is what I tend to see in God`s word.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Servant

On 10/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

Yes good point. When we gather in our small groups over here, we would share those things. Keep it simple I think, and focus on the Lord and His word.

The trouble is that when there are greater numbers in meetings it is not really possible for `everyone to share.` Personally I think people would grow to maturity quicker if they met in smaller numbers and were mentored by mature believers. That is what I tend to see in God`s word.

regards, Marilyn.

Thanks for your input, Marilyn. Confirming what you have said, the Spirit led us to 1Thess 2:7 which reads:
(7)  But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherishes her children:
so we looked at the whole chapter for context and after much exhortation and edification we affirmed our desire to nourish as required those the Lord brings us in contact with.

Also, a 78 year old brother-in-Christ had a revelation and gave a testimony to illustrate the need for all to guard their hearts, with an emphasis on young people who may not be aware of the importance and practice of guarding or keeping their heart.

Christian Standard Bible (Prov 4:23)
Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.

World English Bible (Prov 4:23)
Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it is the wellspring of life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

21 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Thanks for your input, Marilyn. Confirming what you have said, the Spirit led us to 1Thess 2:7 which reads:
(7)  But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherishes her children:
so we looked at the whole chapter for context and after much exhortation and edification we affirmed our desire to nourish as required those the Lord brings us in contact with.

Also, a 78 year old brother-in-Christ had a revelation and gave a testimony to illustrate the need for all to guard their hearts, with an emphasis on young people who may not be aware of the importance and practice of guarding or keeping their heart.

Christian Standard Bible (Prov 4:23)
Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.

World English Bible (Prov 4:23)
Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it is the wellspring of life.

Hi Michael,

That sounded like a great sharing & encouraging time for you all. How many in your group? It sounds small enough for people to share and listen to each other.

regards, Marilyn.

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

That sounded like a great sharing & encouraging time for you all. How many in your group? It sounds small enough for people to share and listen to each other.

regards, Marilyn.

Yes, Marilyn. We are big on the "one another" and "each other" teachings in Scripture.

World English Bible(Col 3:16)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with (but not limited to) psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord.

We have had to agree to limit the group size ideally to 8 regulars otherwise the dynamic changes from all inclusive interpersonal interaction to partial passive & semi-spectator mode. There have been special occasions when we have combined with other independent in-home fellowships, always with a meal, and leading very often to our engaging in helps to meet specific needs apart from those in our own fellowship. 

World English Bible (Gal 6:2)
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, Marilyn. We are big on the "one another" and "each other" teachings in Scripture.

World English Bible(Col 3:16)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with (but not limited to) psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord.

We have had to agree to limit the group size ideally to 8 regulars otherwise the dynamic changes from all inclusive interpersonal interaction to partial passive & semi-spectator mode. There have been special occasions when we have combined with other independent in-home fellowships, always with a meal, and leading very often to our engaging in helps to meet specific needs apart from those in our own fellowship. 

World English Bible (Gal 6:2)
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Hi Michael,

That is great to hear of your group meeting and encouraging each other. And meeting with other groups at times and not letting your group get beyond too many. It is really special to meet with each other that way and then go out and help others. To me that is more accountable & relational than in big groups. I see you also are able to meet specific needs and not leave it to an organisation to do it. Some needs are just everyday people helping each other and that speaks volumes to neighbours and friends.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 10/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

That is great to hear of your group meeting and encouraging each other. And meeting with other groups at times and not letting your group get beyond too many. It is really special to meet with each other that way and then go out and help others. To me that is more accountable & relational than in big groups. I see you also are able to meet specific needs and not leave it to an organisation to do it. Some needs are just everyday people helping each other and that speaks volumes to neighbours and friends.

all the best, Marilyn.

Thanks for your affirming comments, Marilyn. It's also beneficial to have online fellowship that glorifies God. 

Eph 4:15-16
(15)  but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—
(16)  from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

• This is Worthy 1