IGNORED

For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Adam777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/21/2019 at 6:53 AM, Adam777 said:

Then after we are under this new covenant of the Spirit, it is strong, not WEAK, notice the change right now, sin took occasion by that commandment that went before in weakness and a carnal commandment, and that law was WEAK THROUGH THE FLESH, it was DISANNULLED, CHANGED, and now, I can do all things through CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Hebrews 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

These are the limited verses people abuse, thinking when Apostle Paul says he cannot do what he wants, and does evil, that this excuses them to do the evil they do.

If any shortcomings come to light, we need to get hold of the horns of the altar and not let go until the Lord works the needed change in our life and heart.  Not excuse ourselves, but in sincerity and Godly fear, endeavour and seek the Lord to change us, purge our sin, remove hindrances in our heart and life, etc.  The reality is that for the vast majority we do not instantly begin walking in perfection, and we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.  It can be a battle, but we are to come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain what we have need of.  Like David who sought the Lord to search and know him and cleanse him of any wicked way.  It's at such times that we are so grateful for the imputed righteousness of Christ, knowing that we are not condemned, but that the Lord bears with us in our weakness in the meantime.

It seems that there are two ditches we can fall into....one is to excuse our sin and do nothing about it, but keep on disobeying the word and sinning without a troubled conscience thinking that because of grace it doesn't matter......and the other ditch is to fall away from grace into condemnation which can cause a believer to just give up and lose their salvation.

13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Not a problem, yet original thoughts and ideas are also welcome..

But aren't our own thoughts and imaginations supposed to be taken captive to the word of God?  And speaking for myself, I don't want to hear opinions and ideas, but to feed on TRUTH from the word of God.  There has been far too much free-ranging commentary from pulpits and what has it led to....?  There is nothing better, no purer way of learning His truth, that I know of, than straight out of the words of scripture with the illumination of the Spirit.  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?"
Ecclesiastes 6:11

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

If any shortcomings come to light, we need to get hold of the horns of the altar and not let go until the Lord works the needed change in our life and heart.  Not excuse ourselves, but in sincerity and Godly fear, endeavour and seek the Lord to change us, purge our sin, remove hindrances in our heart and life, etc.  The reality is that for the vast majority we do not instantly begin walking in perfection, and we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.  It can be a battle, but we are to come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain what we have need of.  Like David who sought the Lord to search and know him and cleanse him of any wicked way.  It's at such times that we are so grateful for the imputed righteousness of Christ, knowing that we are not condemned, but that the Lord bears with us in our weakness in the meantime.

It seems that there are two ditches we can fall into....one is to excuse our sin and do nothing about it, but keep on disobeying the word and sinning without a troubled conscience thinking that because of grace it doesn't matter......and the other ditch is to fall away from grace into condemnation which can cause a believer to just give up and lose their salvation.

That is not quite the whole truth.

All scripture is for correction in righteousness, for every man of God, and it is for every person to work out their salvation with fear and trembling.

To walk in perfection is to walk with the Lord in us, and guiding us, and that fear of the Lord is what He places in us, to work out our salvation  with, you know it all really goes together as one, as the Spirit is one, the Word is that Spirit and is that one.

God places His fear into our soft hearts through giving of the Holy Spirit through righteous faith in our heart to believe Christ is risen from the dead, this is the new covenant:

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Psalm 2:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

2 Corinthians 7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Just a question for you then, could you tell me, is it possible for anyone to work out their salvation with fear and trembling, by mans fear, or only by the fear of the Lord which is His Holy Spirit?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,971
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

But aren't our own thoughts and imaginations supposed to be taken captive to the word of God?  And speaking for myself, I don't want to hear opinions and ideas, but to feed on TRUTH from the word of God.  There has been far too much free-ranging commentary from pulpits and what has it led to....?  There is nothing better, no purer way of learning His truth, that I know of, than straight out of the words of scripture with the illumination of the Spirit.  

But aren't you breaking your own rule by expressing the above opinion, He leadeth me?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87

14 hours ago, Sower said:

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?"
Ecclesiastes 6:11

This brings to mind the Gettysburg Address......the speaker before Lincoln , long forgotten , talked for hours...we know the rest of the story......Lincoln’s Masterpiece can be read in less than 5 minutes...and will never be forgotten ....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Only the words of Christ are not forgotten,. and the only discussed in eternity is what Christ alone did for us..

Ephesians 2:And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my wordsshall not pass away.

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my wordsshall not pass away.

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my wordsshall not pass away.

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

But aren't you breaking your own rule by expressing the above opinion, He leadeth me?

I don't have a rule, that I know of.

Was that my opinion, or was it just the truth?

2Co 10:5

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

1Co 2:1-6

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought

20 hours ago, Adam777 said:

That is not quite the whole truth.

All scripture is for correction in righteousness, for every man of God, and it is for every person to work out their salvation with fear and trembling.

To walk in perfection is to walk with the Lord in us, and guiding us, and that fear of the Lord is what He places in us, to work out our salvation  with, you know it all really goes together as one, as the Spirit is one, the Word is that Spirit and is that one.

God places His fear into our soft hearts through giving of the Holy Spirit through righteous faith in our heart to believe Christ is risen from the dead, this is the new covenant:

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Psalm 2:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

2 Corinthians 7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Just a question for you then, could you tell me, is it possible for anyone to work out their salvation with fear and trembling, by mans fear, or only by the fear of the Lord which is His Holy Spirit?

Amen.....all things are working together as one for the good of those who love Him.

No...man's fear is one of those hindrances I was talking about.

But I have often wondered what it means where it says that perfect love casts out fear.....?   I have heard some teaching that we dont' need to fear the Lord, based on that verse.....but that can't be right because it contradicts so many other scriptures.  So then, how are we to understand it?

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.....all things are working together as one for the good of those who love Him.

No...man's fear is one of those hindrances I was talking about.

But I have often wondered what it means where it says that perfect love casts out fear.....?   I have heard some teaching that we dont' need to fear the Lord, based on that verse.....but that can't be right because it contradicts so many other scriptures.  So then, how are we to understand it?

If a person says, they have fear of God, this can be their own idea and version of it, but not the actual fear of God.

The fear of God is the gift of the Lord, as spoken for the Son of God to be of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord.

Compare that to mans understanding, which is zero, and you can see the difference and what this means, it is the Spirit of understanding, it is the feelings of the Lords Spirit, it is not fear, were you are afraid of something, it is the correct feeling, and sensitivities, it is holiness, and the reverencing that comes through Holiness in us, Gods Holy Spirit

Likewise, perfect love cast out fear, it casts out fear for our own concerns, and what is replaced is the fear of the Lord, and through the fear of the Lord we lay our life down, as the fear of the Lord is also the love of God. Read all the scriptures included here carefully, they reveal all details.

Isaiah 11:And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Isaiah 33:The Lord is exalted; for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.
6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.

Proverbs 2:Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.

Isaiah 8:13 Sanctify the Lord of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Acts 9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Acts 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Cease to fear man, even cease to fear though we walk through the valley of death, as the love of God is made perfect in us, because Christ was in this world to show us the way to lay our lives down, through His love which we saw and which we believe in,  as spoken below, I will put my trust in Him, and he took part in the same with us, calling us children and brethren and friends, and destroyed through His own death, him who had power of death, and deliver us who through our lifetime were afraid of death, when we see and understand through the Spirit of truth, it was Christs who has the perfect love, and the perfect love came to love us with real love, above mans talk, but with real deliverance, by His own body and His own search for us, ho were lost in our wandering ways, in our sins as we did not know where we were going, and going astray, now we return to the bishop and Shepherd of our souls. When we believe, we walk through the same belief of Christ in HIs love, and when we do completely differently to Him, we fail to acknowledge Him as the truth that did come to this earth to die, but to then pass on truth to us through the world denying Him, and they still deny Him now, whenever they confess Him but walk in hated towards anyone, wih only the devil inside of them instead of the Lord, in unholiness, instead of in His Holiness.

Jeremiah 2:19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.

Isaiah 63:17 O Lord, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

Isaiah 51:13 And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of theearth; and hast feared continually every day because ofthe fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Hosea 3:5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hebrews 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

• This is Worthy 1