• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

INTEGRITY: Part 1
YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT

Pr 10:9 The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.

People don't take crooked ways because they are crooked, but rather because they think that they will benefit from it. However they fail to consider all the real and potential downside to taking crooked paths. And notice how frequently the media reports on one public figure after another, revealing something wicked about them which they had tried to hide.

Is there a sinful behavior which you are trying to hide? Consider the consequences of it being revealed and use that as a motivating factor in changing such behavior.

INTEGRITY: Part 2
INTEGRITY AS A SOURCE OF GUIDANCE

Pr 11:3  The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them.

A person of integrity, as they walk in accordance with a good conscience, views life with limited options, and as such only needs limited guidance. The perverse, with their corrupted conscience, view life as having much less limitations, and they end up walking right into the pits they overlooked.

Love further limits one's options as the upright are not only concerned about maintaining their own good conscience, but also not violating the conscience of others. Thus for example Paul deals with the issue of eating meats sacrificed to idols. For some Christians it didn't bother their conscience to eat such meats, but Paul reminds them to be concerned for the conscience of others. 1Co 10:28,29  "But if anyone says to you, 'This has been offered in sacrifice,' then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience‘ sake—the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours."

So when you consider what is God's will concerning any particular situation, take into consideration your conscience and that of others.

INTEGRITY: Part 3
INTEGRITY MAKES ONE BETTER OFF

Pr 28:6  Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.

Walking with integrity may not make one richer, but you will be better off than if you had gained wealth perversely.

Pr 20:7 The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.

Just as with wickedness, integrity has an effect on your children. Therefore don't violate your integrity even if you think that by doing so you will somehow benefit your children. They would be better off if you walk in a good conscience.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, bcbsr said:

INTEGRITY: Part 1
YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT

Pr 10:9 The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.

People don't take crooked ways because they are crooked, but rather because they think that they will benefit from it. However they fail to consider all the real and potential downside to taking crooked paths. And notice how frequently the media reports on one public figure after another, revealing something wicked about them which they had tried to hide.

Is there a sinful behavior which you are trying to hide? Consider the consequences of it being revealed and use that as a motivating factor in changing such behavior.

INTEGRITY: Part 2
INTEGRITY AS A SOURCE OF GUIDANCE

Pr 11:3  The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them.

A person of integrity, as they walk in accordance with a good conscience, views life with limited options, and as such only needs limited guidance. The perverse, with their corrupted conscience, view life as having much less limitations, and they end up walking right into the pits they overlooked.

Love further limits one's options as the upright are not only concerned about maintaining their own good conscience, but also not violating the conscience of others. Thus for example Paul deals with the issue of eating meats sacrificed to idols. For some Christians it didn't bother their conscience to eat such meats, but Paul reminds them to be concerned for the conscience of others. 1Co 10:28,29  "But if anyone says to you, 'This has been offered in sacrifice,' then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience‘ sake—the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours."

So when you consider what is God's will concerning any particular situation, take into consideration your conscience and that of others.

INTEGRITY: Part 3
INTEGRITY MAKES ONE BETTER OFF

Pr 28:6  Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.

Walking with integrity may not make one richer, but you will be better off than if you had gained wealth perversely.

Pr 20:7 The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.

Just as with wickedness, integrity has an effect on your children. Therefore don't violate your integrity even if you think that by doing so you will somehow benefit your children. They would be better off if you walk in a good conscience.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Good Study, bcbsr.

(Pro 28:6 KJV)  BetterH2896 is the poorH7326 that walkethH1980 in his uprightness,H8537 than he that is perverseH4480 H6141 in his ways,H1870 though heH1931 be rich.H6223

Strongs H8537
תֹּם
tôm
tome
From H8552; completeness; figuratively prosperity; usually (morally) innocence: - full, integrity, perfect (-ion), simplicity, upright (-ly, -ness), at a venture. See H8550.
Total KJV occurrences: 23

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Integrity is sincerity, cannot be found in dictionaries, not even in proverbs, it is found only in the sincerity that is in Christ, no malice, only truth, and to prove the sincerity of our love, is only the moment we know, the talking is not it, as this is all the world of so called teachers can do and, do nothing, as they keep their lives, and do not lay them down as Christ did which we perceive is the only truth and only love

.1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1 Corinthians 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

2 Corinthians 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Integrity:  the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
                      "he is known to be a man of integrity"

The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.

Well done
is better than
well said.

• Loved it! 1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:50 AM, Sower said:
Integrity:  the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
                      "he is known to be a man of integrity"

The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.

Well done
is better than
well said.

Teaching forgiveness of sins, to do sins again and never cease, is not teaching truth, or doing truth, it is confessing being a liar, and saying trust me,  but I cant stop lying.

Romans 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Intergrity is not in human dictionaries, as integrity is the Spirit of truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The OP was INTEGRITY.
I posted this:
Integrity: 
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
                      "he is known to be a man of integrity" (dictionary)
So ???
3 hours ago, vincents_desk said:

Teaching forgiveness of sins, to do sins again and never cease, is not teaching truth, or doing truth, it is confessing being a liar, and saying trust me,  but I cant stop lying.

Don't understand.............To say the above is unrighteousness, I would agree.
The OP is about integrity.

11 minutes ago, Sower said:
The OP was INTEGRITY.
I posted this:
Integrity: 
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
So ???

Don't understand.............To say the above is unrighteousness, I would agree.

and I was answering how the Lord points out to us, men say one thing and do another, and your dictionary cant teach those things..

Matthew 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

They do not know because of having an unstable spirit and mind

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

James 1:But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Jesus was the perfect example of integrity. This is the definition of integrity:

I have not met a lot of people in our world today with true integrity.

download.jpg.6fdd9e79032c6485b95b730e78423601.jpg

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Sower said:
The OP was INTEGRITY.
I posted this:
Integrity: 
So ???

vincents_desk

How ironic :pumpkin:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

47 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

How ironic

We need to pray for this brother. He is emotionally troubled and misguided. 

• Thumbs Up 1