dhchristian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

There is a certain order that God gives. Which is for men to be pastors of Church. That should be the norm. There would always be exceptions. Just like how Deborah was called to be a judge because there was no other man qualified at that time. But exceptions should not become norm. While the norm should be male pastors, if there is no one eligible then it would be okay for women pastors. In this day and age, I would be surprised to hear that there is no eligible male pastor!! And it is a weak argument that everyone is the same in God's sight and hence it is okay for women to be pastors. Responsibilities is not same as equality. This is the case with Trinity. God the Father, Jesus the Son and Holy Spirit - they are all equal with different responsibilities.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

2 minutes ago, ravindran said:

While the norm should be male pastors, if there is no one eligible then it would be okay for women pastors.

Well, what’s normal is being decided by individual churches. Churches that are tired of having to replace male pastors who “fall” and leave irreparable damage in their tracks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

God is clear to whom he has called and equipped into minisrty, whether that be man or woman.

Please read 2 Timothy 1:9 

As God has known each of us before the world began, he has also planned our lives with complete purpose and design. (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm136:16, Ephesians 1:4 )

He has also given us free will. here are some examples:

1 We must choose to receive Christ ( Mark 8:24 , Isaiah 55:6-7)

2 We must choose to serve God (Galatians 5:13)

3 we must choose to follow God's call and purpose for our lives. ( John 7:17, Joshua 24:15)

With that being said,as we choose to receive Christ, serve God and follow the call he placed upon our lives then we can see that God has called both men and woman to preach, teach, witness, disciple and be used in every area of ministry. God is no respector of persons (Acts 10:34) God makes no mistakes (Genesis 18: 1-33)

Be blessed and enjoy the fellowship of the entire body of Christ, learn from both men and women of God, rejoice with both men and women of God and pray together with both men and women of God.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

44 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Hmmm.....I wonder how that works?  :39:   How would I say "hi" to people? Just wave at them? :th_wave:

The context I think is of roles. Of course women can talk . They should not teach men. If they need to say something they should talk with there husbands. This is in the meetings. Outside they can talk to men. Or discuss things with men. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The context I think is of roles. Of course women can talk . They should not teach men. If they need to say something they should talk with there husbands. This is in the meetings. Outside they can talk to men. Or discuss things with men. 

All I will say is God has chosen both to do his work, and no one can tell God he's wrong.

God bless

11 minutes ago, Revlori said:

God is clear to whom he has called and equipped into minisrty, whether that be man or woman.

Please read 2 Timothy 1:9 

As God has known each of us before the world began, he has also planned our lives with complete purpose and design. (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm136:16, Ephesians 1:4 )

He has also given us free will. here are some examples:

1 We must choose to receive Christ ( Mark 8:24 , Isaiah 55:6-7)

2 We must choose to serve God (Galatians 5:13)

3 we must choose to follow God's call and purpose for our lives. ( John 7:17, Joshua 24:15)

With that being said,as we choose to receive Christ, serve God and follow the call he placed upon our lives then we can see that God has called both men and woman to preach, teach, witness, disciple and be used in every area of ministry. God is no respector of persons (Acts 10:34) God makes no mistakes (Genesis 18: 1-33)

Be blessed and enjoy the fellowship of the entire body of Christ, learn from both men and women of God, rejoice with both men and women of God and pray together with both men and women of God.

What about the scripture that commanded us otherwise.  Eve chose to eat the fruit they were commanded not to. She had free choice to disobey God. We too can follow our own paths. God is the head of christ. Christ is the head of man. Man is head of women. So there are roles and boundaries. 

1 minute ago, Revlori said:

All I will say is God has chosen both to do his work, and no one can tell God he's wrong.

God bless

Women are called to do Gods work. But different roles. God gives grace to the humble. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

10 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

They should not teach men.

Not sure how this will be enforced going forward for the few churches who still follow this. 

Edited by ReneeIW

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

8 minutes ago, Revlori said:

God bless

I don't think anyone here is questioning whether or not God chooses both male and female to spread His truth. I think the discussion is whether or not God calls women to Pastor/Shepherd over a church. Of course God uses both male and female to spread His Word, but if we look at the design of leadership listed in the Bible it's clear that men should pastor/be the head of the local body. I do know there are some rare instances when a woman would have to step into that position but in our society today it should not occur very often IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

No one believes this but a few.

Amen...and we can not change the beliefs of others, only God can do that. There will always be men who won't listen to God pertaining to woman and there will always be woman who will not listen to God pertaining to men. We can however pray for all...

Love your friend in Christ

• Well Said! 2