• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Christmas...

The commercialization of a holiday where people will borrow on their credit cards and spend themselves into deep debt. Buying loved ones things they don't want or need. The holiday most businesses gauge their yearly profit earnings on. When you start seeing Thanksgiving decorations you know Christmas is near. Is that the holiday you're talking about Melinda12? 

The one time a year when many folks think they ought to do something for someone else, to make up for the rest of the year? A time when Hollywood comes out with the most bizarre Christmas movies. When large retail stores instruct employees to greet their customers with "happy holidays", not to offend anyone with "Merry Christmas". People writing and taking Christ out of Christmas with, "Merry Xmas". Melinda12, you opened this can of worms and got me going now :D

A time when the few wear their feeling on their shirt sleeves and get offended seeing the nativity scene anywhere, and demand it be taken down, and normally win. A time when "the reason for the season" is anything and everything but a date that was picked to celebrate the greatest, most miraculous and loving birth ever taken place or ever will be; the virgin birth of our Lord and Savior. 

A time to celebrate St. Nick, Chris Kringled and Rudolf the venison on the hoof. In competition with the neighbors as to who can spend the most on decorations, and who's house can best be seen by the International Space Station (ISS) from space, from their exterior decorative Christmas lighting, making their electric meter smoke [Chevy Chase Christmas movie]. 

See what you started here Melinda 12  :D

Can-O-Worms.jpg

I forgot to mention the number of evil movies that are released at Christmas time; too many to mention but this one debuted December 26, 1973. Coincidence???

The-Exorcist-Face-of-Devil.gif

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Christmas...

The commercialization of a holiday where people will borrow on their credit cards and spend themselves into deep debt. Buying loved ones things they don't want or need. The holiday most businesses gauge their yearly profit earnings on. When you start seeing Thanksgiving decorations you know Christmas is near. Is that the holiday you're talking about Melinda12? 

The one time a year when many folks think they ought to do something for someone else, to make up for the rest of the year? A time when Hollywood comes out with the most bizarre Christmas movies. When large retail stores instruct employees to greet their customers with "happy holidays", not to offend anyone with "Merry Christmas". People writing and taking Christ out of Christmas with, "Merry Xmas". Melinda12, you opened this can of worms and got me going now :D

A time when the few wear their feeling on their shirt sleeves and get offended seeing the nativity scene anywhere, and demand it be taken down, and normally win. A time when "the reason for the season" is anything and everything but a date that was picked to celebrate the greatest, most miraculous and loving birth ever taken place or ever will be; the virgin birth of our Lord and Savior. 

A time to celebrate St. Nick, Chris Kringled and Rudolf the venison on the hoof. In competition with the neighbors as to who can spend the most on decorations, and who's house can best be seen by the International Space Station (ISS) from space, from their exterior decorative Christmas lighting, making their electric meter smoke [Chevy Chase Christmas movie]. 

See what you started here Melinda 12  :D

Can-O-Worms.jpg

I forgot to mention the number of evil movies that are released at Christmas time; too many to mention but this one debuted December 26, 1973. Coincidence???

The-Exorcist-Face-of-Devil.gif

Worst case of “ red-eye” I have ever seen!  Get a good flash that is capable of “ bouncing” the light off the ceiling to eliminate this pesky problem or find a good photo editing program....an occasional teeth flossing would not hurt matters either....

• Haha 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, thought this might not be the best place to post the winter schedule for Hallmark movies. ;) Hehe. I don't watch em'. They make me gag. They film those types of movies all the time in my city.

Watching “ The Exorsist” can be an unnerving experience if you are not sure of your Salvation.....I had unsaved friends that ran out of the theatre when this movie first played...others were freaked out for months...personally, I couldn’t get enough of that “ projectile vomiting”...... lol....pea soup has lost all of its attraction for me.....

• Haha 1

I wonder if “The Exorcist” will be playing on “ The Hallmark Channel” anytime soon? Perhaps a double-feature with “ IT”.......lol..

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Watching “ The Exorsist” can be an unnerving experience if you are not sure of your Salvation.....I had unsaved friends that ran out of the theatre when this movie first played...others were freaked out for months...personally, I couldn’t get enough of that “ projectile vomiting”...... lol....pea soup has lost all of its attraction for me.....

Shortly after returning from Southeast Asia and getting discharged from the military, I'm sad to confess, I went and seen that movie 'the Exorcist'. I have to honestly say, I was more unnerved coming out of that disgusting movie theater than I was in combat situations. At the time I was not living a Christian life; and for decades after that. 

Prior to November 2016, I use to watch many disgusting things that penetrated my ear and eye gates; for instance, the Walking Dead. I got a kick out of them and thought they were funny. Things drastically changed in my life in November 2016 that were more than I can comprehend. My "want to's" radically changed, I was no longer interested or wanted to view horror movies and occult themed programs, that desire was removed. A person by themselves just doesn't lose interest in something overnight by themselves. My core being, interests, conduct, personality, vocabulary was suddenly changed. A decades long alcoholic quitting alcohol cold turkey; no more desires, no shakes or withdraws, no twelve step programs; no nothing but by the power of our Lord and Savior upon confession, true repentance, prayer and asking for His help and forgiveness. 

And just for the record: I didn't like split green pea soup before that movie came out, I don't like it now, and I will never like it.  :D

• Praise God! 1

I just knowed my can of worms would come in handy. This thread has the RED HOT banner next to it  :)

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

What's the Hallmark Channel? :whistling:

Umm hmm. You popped up as someone you may know on the fellow members subscription list ;)

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I wonder if “The Exorcist” will be playing on “ The Hallmark Channel” anytime soon? Perhaps a double-feature with “ IT”.......lol..

That’s one channel down on mine ;) 

• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Enraged over kindness.  Only Christians should get to be kind? But some get enraged instead?  ???

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

please....nothing wrong with a good christmas movie on occasion. Though, Ill admit, Hallmark doesnt have anything I would call true Christmas movies. My favorite Christmas movies, that I watch every year, are the Santa Clause Movies (all 3) with Tim Allen, and of course, the Die Hard Movies. You just can't have christmas without them.

• Thumbs Up 1