• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

The Lord is my portion,' says my soul.

Lamentations 3:24

It does not say, "The Lord is partly my portion," nor "The Lord is in my portion"; but He Himself makes up the sum total of my soul's inheritance. Within the circumference of that circle lies all that we possess or desire.

The Lord is my portion. Not His grace merely, nor His love, nor His covenant, but Jehovah Himself. He has chosen us for His portion, and we have chosen Him for ours.

It is true that the Lord must first choose our inheritance for us, or else we will never choose it for ourselves; but if we are really called according to the purpose of electing love, we can sing-

Lov'd of my God for Him again
With love intense I burn;
Chosen of Him ere time began,
I choose Him in return.

The Lord is our all-sufficient portion. God fills Himself; and if God is all-sufficient in Himself, He must be all-sufficient for us. It is not easy to satisfy man's desires. When he dreams that he is satisfied, instantly he wakes to the perception that there is still something more, and his longings remain unfulfilled.

But for the believer all that we can wish for is to be found in our divine portion, so that we ask, "Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you."1We can then delight ourselves in the Lord who allows us to drink of the river of His pleasures.

Our faith stretches her wings and soars like an eagle into the heaven of divine love, her proper dwelling-place. "The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."2 Let us rejoice in the Lord always; let us show the world that we are a happy and a blessed people and cause them to exclaim, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

1) Psalm 73:25
2) Psalm 16:6

https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/daily-devotionals/11/16/1/?utm_campaign=Daily Devotion Emails&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=79409095&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8zj4em3yxsH6peVrCNbPWGVwsWQDDHwVYUi50ptCOlWgLWJvq_wHSCuB--_YsZwy0nbp9cANQUdAdDy3iGNrmxecqy1P7Q1O8nrHtjS0l7ubuTNrg&_hsmi=79409095

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@marvelloustime

It is such a blessing to know God is our portion..Such a blessing indeed!

Be blessed in Him, Not me 

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

The Lord is my portion,' says my soul.

Lamentations 3:24

It does not say, "The Lord is partly my portion," nor "The Lord is in my portion"; but He Himself makes up the sum total of my soul's inheritance. Within the circumference of that circle lies all that we possess or desire.

The Lord is my portion. Not His grace merely, nor His love, nor His covenant, but Jehovah Himself. He has chosen us for His portion, and we have chosen Him for ours.

It is true that the Lord must first choose our inheritance for us, or else we will never choose it for ourselves; but if we are really called according to the purpose of electing love, we can sing-

Lov'd of my God for Him again
With love intense I burn;
Chosen of Him ere time began,
I choose Him in return.

The Lord is our all-sufficient portion. God fills Himself; and if God is all-sufficient in Himself, He must be all-sufficient for us. It is not easy to satisfy man's desires. When he dreams that he is satisfied, instantly he wakes to the perception that there is still something more, and his longings remain unfulfilled.

But for the believer all that we can wish for is to be found in our divine portion, so that we ask, "Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you."1We can then delight ourselves in the Lord who allows us to drink of the river of His pleasures.

Our faith stretches her wings and soars like an eagle into the heaven of divine love, her proper dwelling-place. "The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."2 Let us rejoice in the Lord always; let us show the world that we are a happy and a blessed people and cause them to exclaim, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

2) Psalm 16:6

https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/daily-devotionals/11/16/1/?utm_campaign=Daily Devotion Emails&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=79409095&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8zj4em3yxsH6peVrCNbPWGVwsWQDDHwVYUi50ptCOlWgLWJvq_wHSCuB--_YsZwy0nbp9cANQUdAdDy3iGNrmxecqy1P7Q1O8nrHtjS0l7ubuTNrg&_hsmi=79409095

oh how wonderful of this reminder, that God is truly our portion.He is all we need.

God bless ?

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@marvelloustime 

16 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

Amen! Thanks for posting this.

16 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

There is a song I love that includes this verse. I will post it soon.

"Whom have I in heaven but you?

And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you." 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

4 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@marvelloustime 

Amen! Thanks for posting this.

There is a song I love that includes this verse. I will post it soon.

"Whom have I in heaven but you?

And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you." 

@turtletwo

Jusr the same as you, that’s how I feel. Do His work whilst we’re here and look forward to going Home with Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

9 minutes ago, marvelloustime said:

Do His work whilst we’re here and look forward to going Home with Jesus.

@marvelloustime Yes. This is imperative.

1688043555_worktheworksofHimwhocalleduswhileitsdaynightcomeswhennomancanwork.png.fe7974bedcc77ffa2033ecd52a0c6ff3.png

• This is Worthy 1