blessings from above

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

How do you define christian worship in today's society?

With the rise of social media and other media outlets we are able to profess our christian faith online. Many of the most famous megapastors such as Joel Osteen and John Gray are available online at our own convenience.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

48 minutes ago, blessings from above said:

It would, perhaps, be an opportunity to show our appreciation to the Lord for what he does for us. I doubt that has changed over the years.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, blessings from above said:

What society calls worship seems very different then what Christ says. 

John 4:23–24 (ESV) 23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

This doesn't seem to be happening in society. I believe society only views worship as shows with loud music and many effects ( sound, lights, screens etc). Not the true daily worship that comes from your heart in complete reverence to God. 
Society seems to have forgotten that worship is your love expressed and focused toward God, not to lift up self and glorify people.
Also we know worship is to bring God honor, praise, thanksgiving  and rejoice in him. This does consist of singing hymns and spiritual songs, dance in respect to reverence before God, playing musical instruments,also reading the word of God to prayers.

Psalm 150:1-6 

Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals...

I believe then all forms of worship must be done in the right motive! Many in society seem to be expressing worship with wrong motives.

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Just my thoughts to your question(How do you define christian worship in today's society?)

God bless ?

Yes the lord has truly blessed us with online access but we must be careful to what extent we share information to others. I believe that God has called us to be a christian leader and help others find their calling in Christ. Another way we talk with others is in our christian community.

Proverbs 14:16 The wise are cautious and avoid danger; fools plunge ahead with reckless confidence. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  5

“ without me, you can do nothing”.......that includes worship— “ Especially” worship.

I would describe worship as continual belief in the holy spirit so as not to make the things of this world your idols.