nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

the number 6 is a very significant number for man in the bible, on the sixth day we were made, for six days we are to work and rest on the seventh, for six years debts can be collected and cancelled on the seventh, for six years a hebrew can be a slave and released on the seventh and the number of years fields can be cultivated and harvested.  i would suggest that the three 6's or 666 in revelation may represent one or more of these things, perhaps debt, slavery and labor.  it is the number given to man by God.

Edited by nobleseed

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, nobleseed said:

the number 6 is a very significant number for man in the bible, on the sixth day we were made, for six days we are to work and rest on the seventh, for six years debts can be collected and cancelled on the seventh, for six years a hebrew can be a slave and released on the seventh and the number of years fields can be cultivated and harvested.  i would suggest that the three 6's or 666 in revelation may represent one or more of these things, perhaps debt, slavery and labor.  it is the number given to man by God.

I think our focus should be on obeying the Lord's commands, as they lead us to peace. I don't see how numbers enter into that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 11/28/2019 at 2:47 AM, nobleseed said:

All numbers are  important.  All have symbolic meanings. Lets look at some spiritual math.

God is 1---Since man was created on the 6th day, 6 represents man---7 symbolizes spiritual completion.

Man without God is not spiritually complete.  Man with God, 6+1 is spiritually complete.

Satan tries to copy the things of God.  There is a table  of demons and a cup of demons (1 Cor 10:21).

There is a holy trinity and  an unholy trinity:  Satan, the beast and the false prophet.  666 represents the unholy trinity and since they will not accept God as ruler, they will never be spiritually complete.

Another interesting use of numbers is 8.  As you know,  or should know Greek and Hebrew assign numerical values to their letters.  If you take Jesus in Greek and assign each letter its value and total them, it comes out 888.  8 is considered a dominical number and refers to Jesus.  It  symbolizes Jesus and eternity, but that's another story.  If anyone is  interested, tell me and I will give you what I think it means and why.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, johnthebaptist said:

I think our focus should be on obeying the Lord's commands, as they lead us to peace. I don't see how numbers enter into that.

WE don't need 66 books to just focus on obeying God's commands.  Most of the Bible is to tells us about God,, Jesus and what they have done for us.  Much of the Bible is also to give Christians confidence and assurance of their relationship with God. 

Maybe if you did more study on things other than legalism, you would gain some insights into God's many, many truths that help us press on to maturity.

4 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

WE don't need 66 books to just focus on obeying God's commands.  Most of the Bible is to tells us about God,, Jesus and what they have done for us.  Much of the Bible is also to give Christians confidence and assurance of their relationship with God. 

Maybe if you did more study on things other than legalism, you would gain some insights into God's many, many truths that help us press on to maturity.

I think if one loves the Lord with all their heart, mind, and soul, and loves their neighbor as themselves, they'll do okay. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible refers 7 to God and His perfection. 6 is the number of man and always falls short of God. Satan will use this number such as in 666 but it falls short of God's perfection with the number 7.

4 hours ago, omega2xx said:

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think if one loves the Lord with all their heart, mind, and soul, and loves their neighbor as themselves, they'll do okay. 

By the way, I did not underline the words "lead" and "enter," in case someone thought I had. That was your doing.

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus said they would, and He is the best  source for true we have.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

By the way, I did not underline the words "lead" and "enter," in case someone thought I had. That was your doing.

It wasn't me.

31 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

It wasn't me.

Okay.