IGNORED

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

And on that note ,  let all rejoice in the LORD and in the LORD let all rejoice .

If anyone has any copies of korans and other such stuff ,   MAIL em here .    OH and let the fire burn bright this winter .

Before i read anyone's replies, i can say i have tried that, being an avid curious reader. But failed. Why? Because as soon as i begin reading the Koran i find a huge blockage. Such a feeling of emptiness and a wall. Holy Spirit i presume, shopping me from wasting valuable time! It is a dead book. Meaningless. 

In contrast i read my Bible and it is alive, full of light and food for mind, body and soul. I feel at home, in my rightful element. Hope, love and warmth surrounds me. Why would i exchange that for anything else at all? 

Edited by Melinda12

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Ps ,  I aint all inclusive nor PC correct ,   just in case anyone has not figured  that one out yet . 

BUT I SURE GOT ALL I NEED AND WHO I NEED .    JESUS and THE BIBLE .      And I don't care what the cost of this is  ,   no matter how hated I am by even those I love

I AINT BUDGING one ounce from the path in JESUS I am on .       MAY all go and do likewise .

I am with you Brother! No budging. No way. I have no interest in any other religion. I am in love with Jesus Christ my Lord, Saviour, King, friend - my everything. Nobody can come between Him and I. Never! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Before i read anyone's replies, i can say i have tried that, being an avid curious reader. But failed. Why? Because as soon as i begin reading the Koran i find a huge blockage. Such a feeling of emptiness and a wall. Holy Spirit i presume, shopping me from wasting valuable time! It is a dead book. Meaningless. 

In contrast i read my Bible and it is alive, full of light and food for mind, body and soul. I feel at home, in my rightful element. Hope, love and warmth surrounds me. Why would i exchange that for anything else at all? 

Question for you: A Christian starts a conversation with a Muslim and asks him, "Why don't you read the Bible? The Muslim answers, "Why? You won't read the Koran."

When I was an atheist, I studied Physics. A pastor came to my house with his Grand Daughter who wanted to share God. I let him in. He took out his Bible, but none of it made sense to me. I arrogantly said to him, "Why don't you read mine"? So I brought out my bible---a Physics book---and he agreed to exchange his for mine for two weeks. I will never forget that exchange, and while I refused to believe God in that moment, the seeds were planted. God used that precious time for that pastor to be gracious to me even though my "bible" was of no use to him. Everything you said above is true, but we do a great disservice to people who are not Christian when we refuse to communicate where they are at. God did it with each of us before we knew Him. He meets us where we are. God does not turn us away, no matter how feebly we "open the door" when He knocks. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

21 hours ago, Newsie4ever said:

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion I checked out a book about the history of the Islamic religion am I wrong to want to read about it for education purpose even though I am a Christian any advice would be appreciated ?

I don't think it is wrong to read about another religion. It might be good. But don't stray from the Lord.

Indeed, i show respect to those of other religions such as Islam and that is vital. They have their path to God. But i have no intention of wasting my time studying their holy books. I will not stray from my path following Christ. Having said this, it is the path of love and peace, it can never ever be right to harm anyone in any way for being of other faiths. How dreadful that this principle is not shared in so many places. So much trouble over who and how we worship. How terrible mankind has made this world by warring over God. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Indeed, i show respect to those of other religions such as Islam and that is vital. They have their path to God.

What? Seriously, they cannot know the true God unless they accept Christ.

Christians are often accused of being narrow-minded because we assert there is no other way to get to God than through Jesus Christ. People often ask the question “Don’t all religions point to the same God?” or “What’s so special about Jesus? Why is he the only way?”

The first point to make is that we did not invent the claim that Jesus is the only way. Jesus made this claim. We are merely relating His claim, and the claim of the writers of the New Testament.

Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6) and “For unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins” (John 8:24). The Apostle Peter echoed these words when he said, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12, KJV).

St. Paul concurred, “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus …” (1 Timothy 2:5, KJV). In fact, it is the united testimony of the New Testament that no one can know God the Father except through the person of Jesus Christ. [ Source:Bethinking.Org "Is Jesus the only way to get to God" Josh McDowell ]

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Newsie4ever said:

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion I checked out a book about the history of the Islamic religion am I wrong to want to read about it for education purpose even though I am a Christian any advice would be appreciated ?

Hello Newsie4ever,

I can say I have studied many religions. I studied them for ministry. I show the bible in comparison to what another religion says. We ( my husband and I ) have held group studies with others of different religions, we had to become educated about their beliefs in order to understand their views, in turn we were able to show the truth of God's word and show the error of what they had believed. My husband and I have been called into ministry and we use these things to bring glory to God and expose false teachings. However we don't recommend this for every one. Satan is always looking to deceive, he places questions in the mind hoping you will dwell upon that, sneaking the lie in with the truth. Such as the case in the garden of Eden. To Eve he said: Genesis 3 — “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 

This is the danger of reading about different religion's, one must be careful and lead by God while you read. So that you don't become deceived and lead astray.

God bless ?

On 12/7/2019 at 11:12 PM, Newsie4ever said:

Hello Newsie4ever,

I can say I have studied many religions. I studied them for ministry. I show the bible in comparison to what another religion says. We ( my husband and I ) have held group studies with others of different religions, we had to become educated about their beliefs in order to understand their views, in turn we were able to show the truth of God's word and show the error of what they had believed. My husband and I have been called into ministry and we use these things to bring glory to God and expose false teachings. However we don't recommend this for every one. Satan is always looking to deceive, he places questions in the mind hoping you will dwell upon that, sneaking the lie in with the truth. Such as the case in the garden of Eden. To Eve he said: Genesis 3 — “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 

This is the danger of reading about different religion's, one must be careful and lead by God while you read. So that you don't become deceived and lead astray.

God bless ?

Just now, Revlori said:

Hello Newsie4ever,

God bless ?

sorry it posted twice, my connection went out and then came back on..