bobo81

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Sail....What law in the Ten Commandments condemns you?

The statutes and judgments are the expanded form of the commandments.

Remnant

NONE OF THEM. Let me explain, and let me say I appreciate your concern. You should be concerned. I realize that the pulpit of public worship condems us all, and all the time, saying we must do this and we must do that. They say we must do the works of the law by faith, right? That is what they say? Indeed, there are many things we should do, but the law given to Israel is not one of them. For we are not under law, but under the dispensation of grace. When they were under law, God brought swift justice, then end which of was death.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved

This too, was written to the Jews:

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace.

But when we back up one verse, we read, "For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:"

To Abraham, the promise was one of faith, not of law. Why was the law instituted?

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.

Why does grace abound more than sin?

This is the beauty of leaving that which was behind and continuing onto perfection in Christ, wherein is grace. Why would anyone reject the righteouness in Christ and turn to the righteousness of the ministration of death?

As it is written, "2Co 3:6-9, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory".

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The law makes void faith:

Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

1Ch 29:17 I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart

Psa 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

As I have tried to draw out some of the verses which state that they who seek the righteousness by law are beholden to do the whole of the law, which no man can do, then faith is made void, Christ is died in vain <for them>. Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

THE BEAUTY WHICH IS IN THE LORD CHRIST JESUS

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Edited by sail2awe

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other one

Jesus, before His ascension told the Apostles that all power and authority had been given to Him. After he has subdued everything Jesus will also be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him........ The Father.

I don't see the Son always being equal with the Father, either when He was the word nor in the flesh. He will also be subject to the Father after He does the job of bringing the kingdom into it's full power over all and giving it to the Father.

I agree, the express image of God <God manifest to the lower heavens> is subordinate to the true invisible God who is Spirit, and that the image manifest shall not be necessary when "Then cometh the end" arrives.

1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Right now, God is not all in all, for the fullness of the Godhead resides in the image of God, which God calls the Son of God.

Righteousness is the one thing God's creatures do not possess and it is the one thing we need to stand before the holy and righteous God. Until we, in resurrection, put on righteoussness, God cannot be all in all. The whole of the lesson is that the creature cannot stand on creature strength. When all things are subdued unto Him, then God shall be in the position to return His image back unto Himself, that God may be all in all.

The word for this is fullness, pleroma.

The angelic fall is likened unto a rent, a tear in the creative fabric of the universe. Seeing this, God placed His creatures within this limited heavens,which shall be rolled up as a tent and put away. God could have just killed off all of His creatures <some think> when they first fell, but God, seeing the end from the beginning, says this, making the comparisson of that which we are, and which we desire, to be clothed upon. Here is the first occurrance of the word pleroma in the NT.

Mat 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

Mat 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

DEEPER INSTRUCTION:

v9 is a spiritual teaching, using physical annalogies. it explains why flesh man exists. there is much muc much to learn here, but one thing to consider, is that if God killed those who fell and created new creatures <which also would fall> then His righteousness would become unrighteoussness, and this cannot be.

Lesson: for those who are willing, the LORD would put his spirit upon them! <Num 11:29> Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. | be turned into another man <1Sa 10:6>

Wherefore The Christ would say of:

Joh 20:29 ...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

G4138

πλήρωμα

plērōma

play'-ro-mah

From G4137; repletion or completion, that is, (subjectively) what fills (as contents, supplement, copiousness, multitude), or (objectively) what is filled (as container, performance, period): - which is put in to fill up, piece that filled up, fulfilling, full, fulness.

It is found in the OT too:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

ALL SUMMED UP IN ONE WORD: PLEROMA

All of this portion of the mighty outworking of God's plan of the ages concerns one thing really. That is called fullness. One of the diversities of operation is that God was manifest in the flesh:

1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fullness <plērōma> of him that filleth all in all.

Joh 1:16 And of his fullness <plērōma> have all we received, and grace for grace.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Paul says:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill <complete> the word of God;

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This last quote speaks of resurrection, speaks of His body in the heavenly places <Eph1.3>

Edited by sail2awe

Blessed by Association

I said,

I have asked them thouands of times why there are no verses for us non Jews to be under Israel's law, but it is an invisible question.

You replied,

we are all under Israel's laws especially the Sabbath.

Why would God who is the Alpha and Omega, who knows beginning from the end make the sabbath Holy and then change it later on. Therefore you attest that God made a mistake and then fixed it later on.

Malachi 3:6: "For I am the Lord, I DO NOT CHANGE."

If God Said "I DO NOT CHANGE" then would His laws change since His laws are a part of Him?

this verse in wise says gentiles are under law, and does not say esp the law of the Sabbath:

Mal 1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

God does not change, I agree, but God does move His redemptive plan forward, and as He does, what He requires of different peoples in different times do change.

Some things are non dispensational apply to all people in all times. Such as we all sin, we all die, we all need grace, found only in Chirst, we all need the righteousness of Him, none are righteous.

Some things are dispensational, and apply only to those to whom they are written. For example, God gave only Israel the law, the things of God. None of the other nations knew of these things. There were great civilizations, for ex, in the OT, the chineese weren't given to known God, not until the dispensation of the grace of God was sent to the nations was it given that all should come to the knowledge of God.

Some things just don't apply to all people in all times. These are the things the Bible calls dispensational.

The Greek oikonomia is made up of the word oikos

Edited by sail2awe

Blessed by Association,

Therefore Paul who was a Pharisee would have known that there was only One Sabbath because they were studiers of the TORAH and would know that there was only one Sabbath so therefore Leviticus 23 is the answer to that Question

This is what I wrote earlier and No one seems like they want to show me otherwise on my Lev 23 theory to support your Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days?

The word sabboth & 7 does not come from the same original word. Heb. for sab. is shabbath, meaning intersecion from work, or intermission, from shabath-to repose-disist from exertion; rest; and such. it is the cessation of it that causes it to be a sabboth. they have been observed on diff. days:

1st day- Lev23:39;

7th day-Ex20:8--;

8th day Lev 23:39,

DIFFERNENT LENGTHS:

1 day- Ex 16:23:29,

2 days -Lev 23:6-8,15-22,

1 yr long -lev 25:4,

70 yrs long-2 Cro 36:21,

ETERNITY LONG-Heb 4:9

CHANGING SABBATHS, being observed on two different days each year because of an additional sab. being observed at Pentecost. For instance, if the 15th of Abib (when Is. was in Egyp) which was on the sabbath, was Sat, then the 7th-day sabbath would fall on Sat. for 7 weeks. The 50th day, which would be Sunday, is Pentacost, so the next 7th day would be Sunday again until Pentecost the next year, which would change the 7th day sabbath again. And the next would fall on a Monday, etc. So there was no such thing as Sabboth keeping on the same day perpetually.

For the Sabbath to have fallen on the same day throughout all times, the yearly calendar would need to be divisable by 7, and have no Pentacost..

3 What (then is the advantage of the Jew) ? or what (benefit) is there of circumcision ?

2 Much (according to every way): chiefly, because that (they were intrusted with) the oracles [scriptures] of God.(the prophets)

col.2:

14 (Having blotted out) the (written legal contract) of ordinances [decrees] that was against us, which was (against and opposed) to us, and took it out of the (midst), (having nailed) it to (the) cross;

15 And having (put off) principalities and powers, He made a shew of them (publicly), triumphing over them (by) (the cross).

16 Let no man therefore judge you in (eating and drinking), or in (taking part) of an holyday [feast or festival], or of the new moon [celebration], or of the (sabboths):

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The doing away with the above things are but a shadow of things to come.

This shadow is the body of Christ-He did away with the Sabbath on the cross.

18 Let no man (defraud you of your prize) (in being a devotee to) humility and (religion) of angels, (investigating) those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by (his old Adam nature),

Clarified: Let no man defraud you of your prize, one who delights in mortifying his body, and walking with the apparent modesty of an angel, affecting superior sanctity in order to gain disciples, intruding into things he has not seen; his mind is carnal and he is puffed up with a sense of superior knowledge and piety.

God fortold us He would do away with it:

Isa. 1:13: Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabboths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with(cannot endure):it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

All this ceased upon the cross. The priest had corrupted the temple, eating the fat, losing their Priesthood, hiring the enemy as Priests, etc.

the law was made for lawbreakers, not for the righteous.1 tim:

4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than (dispensation of God) which is in faith: so do.

5 Now the end of the commandment is (love and to regard with favour) out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned [sincere]:

6 From which some having (missed the mark) have turned aside unto (discourse without sense);

7 Desiring to be (doctors) of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor (concerning what) they affirm.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not (appointed) for a righteous man, but for the lawless and (undisciplined), for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind [sodomites], for menstealers [kidnappers], for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Mat 21:14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Edited by sail2awe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Here's one reason I keep the 7th day sabbath God told us to remember.....

Deuteronomy 8:11 Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Remnantrob,

Please back up to chapter 5 and notice to whom this is given:

5:2--The Lord God made a covenant with us in Horeb. The Lord made not his covenant with our fathers, but with us, who are all of us here this day.

Were you there? I wasn't.

Now notice the purpose of the statutes and laws and commands in chapter 6:25

And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as He hath commanded us.

The Blood of Jesus is our righteousness, it reaches back to the OT but they were ignorant of it.

The law is not your righteousness. Guess you never finished Galatians, hu?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Remnantrob,

Please back up to chapter 5 and notice to whom this is given:

5:2--The Lord God made a covenant with us in Horeb.  The Lord made not his covenant with our fathers, but with us, who are all of us here this day.

Were you there?  I wasn't.

Now notice the purpose of the statutes and laws and commands in chapter 6:25 

And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as He hath commanded us.

The Blood of Jesus is our righteousness, it reaches back to the OT but they were ignorant of it.

The law is not your righteousness.  Guess you never finished Galatians, hu?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This covenant issue is one that has probably been and is about to be retackled....btw I still don't see what you expect me to see that would turn me away from "my way of thinking". :)

Here's a study guide I use to break down the two covenants:

When was the old covenant made?

"Not according to the convenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord." Heb. 8:9

When God was about to proclaim His law to Israel, of what did He tell Moses to remind them?

"Tell the children of Israel; Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. Ex. 19:3,4

What proposition did He submit to them?

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. Ex. 19:5,6.

What response did the people make to this propostion?

"And all the people answered together, and said, all that the Lord hath spoken we will do." Ex. 19:8

What covenant obligation was imposed upon Israel?

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant." Ex. 19:5

Upon what was this covenant with God based?

And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. Deuteronomy 4:13

Both the old and New covenant are based upon the 10 commandments. In proposing a covenant with Israel, God said:"If ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant." (ex.19:5) Obedience to the 10 commandments was the condition under the old covenant upon which God made certain promises to the people. Obedience to the same commandments is likewise the basis of the new covenant. Heb 8:10 says "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"

How was this covenant confirmed after the law was given at Sinai?

And he sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD. And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words. Ex. 24:5-8

How does Paul describe this ratification of the covenant?

For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Heb 9:19,20.

We here hav ethe account of the making of the first, or old covenant. God promised to make Israel His peculiar people on condition that they would keep His commandments. Again they promised to obey. The agreeement was then ratified, or sealed, with blood.

The next post will go over the new covenant :P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You know, I think it pretty sad that no one can explain to me, why the sabbath or the seventh day was holy before there ever was sin in our world. All I keep hearing is that its Jewish, OT. Well, the Jews are Christians. 1 Corinthians 10:1-3.

Wait. Was Abraham a Jew.....If say Yes, YOu are a liar. Straight out liar.

Why? Israel is the name of Jacob after his conversion. God gave him that name. HENCE, now you have Israelites. BEFORE, There were no Jews. Oh. Did they keep the statutes, laws and commandments before there were Jews? Wait. me thinks. Adam kept the sabbath or the seventh day. It was in place before Sin in our world. So in a PERFECT, HOLY WORLD, they kept the SABBATH or SEVENTH DAy. ANd NOw, in IMPERFECT, UNHOLY WORLD, You say we Shouldnt keep the SEVENTH DAY or SABBATH. Well, which world is like Heaven? I mean after all, ADAM Must have been a JEW..right? Noah a JEW? Abraham a JEW?

LEt me set this straight out to you as Lord has shared with me.

To say I know God and I dont keep the (ten) commandments, The Bible says I am a LIAR and the TRUTH is NOT In ME. My question is, Who is the Truth? If you dont have the Truth then what do you have? DARKNESS...to reject truth...leads directly to darkness. TO keep resisting Truth, leads to the grieving of the HOLY SPIRIT and the unpardonable sin.

Christ did not come here in die, just so we could continue to live and sin. He came to show us to live without it. We can make up any excuse, but there is no reason for us to sin anymore. GOd is looking for men and women who are tired of breaking his heart. He wants us to learn to live sinless in this age...JUST as Noah in his time.

You know, I think it pretty sad that no one can explain to me, why the sabbath or the seventh day was holy before there ever was sin in our world. All I keep hearing is that its Jewish, OT. Well, the Jews are Christians. 1 Corinthians 10:1-3.

Ican't explain it, but do have some verses for consideration:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it,he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

he created it not in vain is the same words here given as without form and void.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Notice that when the man adam, eth ha adam, sinned, sin was already in the world:

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned

Job 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

THAT OLD SERPENT SPEAKS:

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

GEN 1.2 delcares that the heavens AND the earth of Gen 1.1 became void, as God did not create them that way.

was = become. See Genesis 2:7; 4:3; 9:15; 19:26. Exodus 32:1. Deuteronomy 27:9. 2Samuel 7:24, etc. Also rendered came to pass, Genesis 4:14; 22:1; 23:1; 27:1. Joshua 4:1; 5:1. 1Kings 13:32. Isaiah 14:24 etc. Also rendered be (in the sense of become), verse 3 etc., and where the verb "to be" is not in italic type. Hence, Exodus 3:1, kept=became keeper, quit = become men, etc.

without form = waste. Hebrew tohu va bohu. Figure of Speech Paronomasia. Not created tohu (Isaiah 45:18 See Above), but became tohu (Genesis 1:2. 2Peter 3:5,6). "An enemy hath done this" (Matthew 13:25,28,39. compare 1Corithians 14:33).

THE FIGURE:

Paronomasia

(Romans 15:4). The repetition of words similar in sound, but different in language. Par-eg'-men-on; or,

Derivation

(Matthew 16:18). The repetition of words derived from the same root. Par-em'-bol'-e; or,

Insertion

(Philippians 3:18,19). Inseration of a sentence between others which is independent and complete in itself.

To say I know God and I dont keep the (ten) commandments, The Bible says I am a LIAR and the TRUTH is NOT In ME.

It is of note that the epistles of John referenced in the quote were written to his brethren, who are Jews, who kept the law, and were instructed to move forward:

1Jo 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

1Jo 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

1Jo 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

1Jo 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Here John defines the 'commandments':

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should (1) believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and (2) love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Edited by sail2awe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

You know, I think it pretty sad that no one can explain to me, why the sabbath or the seventh day was holy before there ever was sin in our world.

I have NO time, about to leave the office, so sorry, but, the 7th day in creation was not concluded with "the evening and the morning were the 7th day" as the previous 6 were.

The Rest of God is/was intended to be permanent, not a 24 hour period.

Do a study on Rest and see what you turn up, pretty interesting,

Oh, and Abraham was not a Jew by birth. :rofl: