• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

23 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

The said the problem is" ignorance, apathy, and unbelief". These three things will destroy the church. 

Goodbye candlestick. Hello spew.

Rev 2:4-5
(4)  Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you have left your first love.
(5)  Remember therefore from whence you are fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto you quickly, and will remove your candlestick out of its place, except you repent.
Rev 3:15-16
(15)  I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would you were cold or hot.
(16)  So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

32 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

This is the most grave problem with the Church today 

To that I can only say there is no "the church", but instead many churches all of Christ Jesus with many local bodies sending workers out into the field for the harvest. Some do plant, some do till and raise up local leadership in yet new fields, and some do reap. The gain is for the Glory of God alone.

I truly do not know of these bodies that supposedly do not labor. God keeps sending me to ones that put me in awe over the service rendered by so many within each of them.

Of those that make lists of top ten faults, I find sympathy for their turmoil of spirit; but am not going to be disheartened, nor deterred from expressing my own heart felt joy found whenever in these local bodies of Christ Jesus that also welcome me as their brother in Christ. For those bodies do lift me so as we worship, and pray to God together, and then join in doing the hard work that breaks sweat, going about, and supporting those that  go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus.

May God bless each that are called by the Holy Spirit with something  to do in his army of Christ Jesus. Amen. May many pray for God to raise up ever more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

To that I can only say there is no "the church", but instead many churches all of Christ Jesus with many local bodies sending workers out into the field for the harvest. Some do plant, some do till and raise up local leadership in yet new fields, and some do reap. The gain is for the Glory of God alone.

I truly do not know of these bodies that supposedly do not labor. God keeps sending me to ones that put me in awe over the service rendered by so many within each of them.

Of those that make lists of top ten faults, I find sympathy for their turmoil of spirit; but am not going to be disheartened, nor deterred from expressing my own heart felt joy found whenever in these local bodies of Christ Jesus that also welcome me as their brother in Christ. For those bodies do lift me so as we worship, and pray to God together, and then join in doing the hard work that breaks sweat, going about, and supporting those that  go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus.

May God bless each that are called by the Holy Spirit with something  to do in his army of Christ Jesus. Amen. May many pray for God to raise up ever more.

I like the saying "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem". 

• Brilliant! 1

47 minutes ago, JTC said:

Neighbor you need to remember that sarcasm doesn't come through loud & clear when writing.

It is not sarcasm at all. It is concurance with what you had written. "If there was no need for that sermon then why do you suppose Jesus gave it?"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Wow! Right on. The church's passivity in Europe has led to the Evil Union. 

Einstein said the elite class controls the press, the politics, and usually the church. It is saddening to learn he is right.

5 hours ago, Babbler said:

Wow! Right on. The church's passivity in Europe has led to the Evil Union. 

Einstein said the elite class controls the press, the politics, and usually the church. It is saddening to learn he is right.

Hi,

Once again there is no "the church", but many churches each  of the body  of Christ Jesus.  As to Europe, the local body  of Christ Jesus where I had been called for some 22 years has raised up from it's own membership and financed it's own to go into Italy, Croatia,  Netherlands, France. 

There they live, coming home on rare occasion for refreshing. Many make trips from her ein the USA to go  an dassist, sometimes with building a church facility.Getting permission to build from a local burgermiester can be a decades ong  procedure. it is a slow log slog at a continent that is pretty much darken to knowing Jesus as Lord God and personal savior. their own children becoming born there and raised there as they work to plant local bodies of Christ Jesus and educate and raise up local leadership for local bodies of Christ.. Our elders have gone annually for years to gather together pastors of the regions to educate them in expository preaching. 

Others have gone to Haiti to establish local school and church  raising up local leadership and then supporting them . Yet others go into El Salvador to help build up churches planted there. Yet others go into parts of Africa, Nigeria an dBenin beingto that I am familiar with. Many from this one church join with saints from others, raise their own funds an dgo to help , share of the word, establish wells and systems for clean fresh water. Yet others are at China, Papua New Guinea,  In the USA there is missionary effort and church planting  to Connecticut,  Florida,  many cities with large populations of Greek orthodox and Jews. All come from just on eof many local bodies of Christ Jesus that have also been called to go into all of the world with the gospel of Jesus so that many may be  found mature in Christ at His return.

As to Albert, he had to modify  his own commonly famous theory his speculation having not panned out.  But that is another subject altogether, one that is way too long a time robber to be spending my own time on. It is just a distraction  of the enemy, those ministers of distraction.

Please consider that God is sovereign, if He wants a continent to be a dark place it will be. Yet  He will also lead some saints to go  into those regions to share the word of the Bible. And some of the local population, at least a remanent, will be saved by the Holy Spirit.

Those that do heed the specific call to them by the Holy Spirit to go into these places do not save anyone, they imply obey the call to go. It is by  God alone that anyone is saved. Those that go, go in obedience to Him for his glory alone. The work in the fields is a quiet steady slog. decades can go by before the Holy Spirit may move to bring any locals to maturity.

As example: my friend spent 27 years in a region of small village at Iran. Not one person ever converted to christianity, then the Shah was overthrown and my friend along with all others of the ministry  at the villages had to flee the country.  It was not until a time of great oppression then hit all the natives of the land under the present rule that any  were called by the Holy Spirit. It is now believed that Iran may be the area of fastest growth of Christianity.

God moves as God wills and not as man decides God should be moving. Praise God He is sovereign.

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I would not say that ! THAT Sermon did not denounce the Commandments but rather gave us a 'New Way of keeping them ! It's where a lot of people 'slip up, thinking they are no longer to be observed....the Law was CHANGED Heb 7v12 , NOT abolished.

Hi, Perhaps you misread.

I was writing, crediting all as having knowledge that Jesus  in his sermon  was stepping up the understanding of how one sins, that sin it is not only overt,  but is the same in thought as well.  

Our Lord stated very clearly  that not one iota of the law is abolished. The Law of Moses  under covenant with God still points out the need of God's grace and mercy for it points out death It points out the need for a redeemer. Jesus very clearly told us He is that redeemer. That He is the way the truth and the life for whoever shall believe on Him as savior form the just wrath of God the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Flowersun said:

some of the BA

I confess my ignorance, what is a BA? The only thing I can think is the street term Bad A. Perhaps that is what you are saying? ???

Anyway, I made liberal use of the ignore option until recently, for a couple of reasons only one of which was to get past some flack.

I now have no one on ignore and am "suffering" quite well the posts of all here. Many enlighten me!  -even though sometimes I find much disagreement.

Iron does sharpen iron. I do appreciate most all if not all. I am working on trying to appreciate more and more.

1 minute ago, Flowersun said:

Born Again.

Ha! A totally different read then. Ha,  funny one on me.

1 hour ago, Flowersun said:

For me personally...some of the BA,....think they are God..their own word of truth...not the Holy Gods Word....no disrespect,just an observation....it's the way they come across,so superior to others.....apologies if I upset you....but I have to speak from my heart.....as I notice a lot of BA do.......very rude to members..some even telling them they don't have the spirit of God....

I for one would not listen to ..."some".of them as a non believer,.......I don't mind if I am told off for saying it...but it's been on my heart for days...I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

edit it to add ...I am BA....

Chuckle snort, Here I thought you were saying you are "Bad To The Bone".