• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.88
  • Days Won:  64

Reading from Mark today 8:14-21 

The Yeast of the Pharisees and Herod

14 The disciples had forgotten to bring bread, except for one loaf they had with them in the boat. 15 “Be careful,” Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.”

16 They discussed this with one another and said, “It is because we have no bread.”

17 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18 Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

“Twelve,” they replied.

20 “And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

They answered, “Seven.”

21 He said to them, “Do you still not understand?”

***********************************************************************************************************************II can relate the 12 to the number of Disciples and the number of the 12 tribes and of course number 7 jumps out as the Day of Rest and I understand it is a number of perfection.  (Not sure where I heard that lol) Anyway what do you think Jesus was saying or pointing out?  Thanks :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

You mean by the "yeast of the Pharisees and of Herod"?

Look at a person as being bread, and the yeast as that which grows it. By this statement, he is saying to avoid what both Herod and the Pharisees have in common: an unbelief in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

8 hours ago, Galleon said:

You mean by the "yeast of the Pharisees and of Herod"?

Look at a person as being bread, and the yeast as that which grows it. By this statement, he is saying to avoid what both Herod and the Pharisees have in common: an unbelief in Christ.

Thanks Galleon.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The leaven (yeast) of the Pharisees was the Lord Jesus's expression of unbelief in him

which poisons the Jewish people to this very day. :(

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

The leaven (yeast) of the Pharisees was the Lord Jesus's expression of unbelief in him

which poisons the Jewish people to this very day. :(

Thank you JohnD.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, Amanda Frances said:

Reading from Mark today 8:14-21 

The Yeast of the Pharisees and Herod

14 The disciples had forgotten to bring bread, except for one loaf they had with them in the boat. 15 “Be careful,” Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.”

16 They discussed this with one another and said, “It is because we have no bread.”

17 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18 Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

“Twelve,” they replied.

20 “And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

They answered, “Seven.”

21 He said to them, “Do you still not understand?”

***********************************************************************************************************************II can relate the 12 to the number of Disciples and the number of the 12 tribes and of course number 7 jumps out as the Day of Rest and I understand it is a number of perfection.  (Not sure where I heard that lol) Anyway what do you think Jesus was saying or pointing out?  Thanks :)

We know that the bible is the word of the true god, because of the harmony and relation of the old and new testament books in the bible. The holy spirit is the author and when the bible is studied carefully learning never stops. After 26 years of reading it i still learn myself.