• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/31/2019 at 4:13 PM, Tiana M said:

I’m an artist and I often look on Instagram and see other artists post these things that are lustful and homosexual like images. If that makes any sense. And sometimes I want to draw that type of thing too and I know that I shouldn’t because that’s not ok in God’s eyes. And today I’ve just been having doubts about what if we are wrong about our worldview. Then what? I wasn’t able to draw the things I sometimes desired to draw. And it would be a regret then. Not being able to do what I wanted to do. Or at least not doing EVERYTHING I wanted to do. What do I do? I don’t like having this desire to draw such things, and I want it to go away. But it comes back everytime I look back on Instagram and I see those lusty-gay posts. Idk if anyone can relate to this. I feel like I’m the only one who struggles with this. And I want to still be a Christian, but at the same time I have these desires. 

Any advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. And please pray for me to overcome these desires. I don’t like wanting to draw such things. 
P.S I usually draw some pretty neutral stuff, I don’t draw the “lusty/gay” stuff. But I want to.

If you are a born again Christian you should not deal with what is called the works of the flesh. It is a sin. So if you are dealing in these things you should take a very serious look at it.

Galatians 5: 19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, Tiana M said:

I’m an artist and I often look on Instagram and see other artists post these things that are lustful and homosexual like images. If that makes any sense. And sometimes I want to draw that type of thing too and I know that I shouldn’t because that’s not ok in God’s eyes. And today I’ve just been having doubts about what if we are wrong about our worldview. Then what? I wasn’t able to draw the things I sometimes desired to draw. And it would be a regret then. Not being able to do what I wanted to do. Or at least not doing EVERYTHING I wanted to do. What do I do? I don’t like having this desire to draw such things, and I want it to go away. But it comes back everytime I look back on Instagram and I see those lusty-gay posts. Idk if anyone can relate to this. I feel like I’m the only one who struggles with this. And I want to still be a Christian, but at the same time I have these desires. 

Any advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. And please pray for me to overcome these desires. I don’t like wanting to draw such things. 
P.S I usually draw some pretty neutral stuff, I don’t draw the “lusty/gay” stuff. But I want to.

The problem isn't wanting to.  We're humans, and we want to do bad things, because we have a sinful nature.

However, if you know bad stuff is on Instagram, and you are constantly being exposed to this... that's a problem.

You need to close your account, and find someplace else to post your work.

It's the same as being an alcoholic.  If you have a problem with alcohol, then you don't go to a bar.   I have no problem with alcohol, and I can go to a bar, and it doesn't bother me at all.   But if you do have that desire, then you have to change behaviours.  Alcoholics avoid bars.

• Well Said! 1

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/1/2020 at 12:13 AM, Tiana M said:

Draw whatever you set your mind to, men kissing is just a picture to me. I wouldnt recommend drawing men kissing or women kissing because it could lead to a change in mentality.