IGNORED

Is it okay to lie in my situation? Should I confess and tell the truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Alec2 said:

Hello David,

Thank you for your kind words, and it's relieving to know that others have been through something similar as I. And yes, the suicidal threats were unfortunate, but I must say that I wasn't a Christian back then even though I was reading through the Bible for the first time and was heavily considering Christianity, but I still had strong doubts during the time of those threats. Knowing what I know now, I would never do anything similar again because I consider intentionally harming oneself as bad as harming others.

By the way, Alec is not my real name. I'm not willing to reveal my real name at this time.

I'm sure everything will turn out fine, my current situation is good all things considered especially compared to what it was 2-3 years ago.

Bless you.

You're most welcome, brother. Most of us prefer not using our real names and remain anonymous and it's perfectly understandable. I'm also expecting to get sprung from this place, as I've been here almost two years. It's not exactly the best of accomodations and the food is atrocious. This new year brings the hope of better things for me and I'm trusting in God's grace and mercy. Hopefully things will work out for both of us. Here's our promise from the word of the Lord, and this is what I cling to. 

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. King James Version (KJV)

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Alec2 said:

Are you saying that I should go out of my way to tell the truth, or tell the truth if the employees ask about it?

Just tell the truth....period. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Just tell the truth....period. 

Okay. The way I understand your message is this: no matter how I do it, I tell the truth.

Edited by Alec2

6 minutes ago, Alec2 said:

Okay. The way I understand your message is this: no matter how I do it, I tell the truth.

We can remain truthful and yet attempt to do so with a sense of discretion, diplomacy, and love. I will have to admit this is not always easy. But being tactful can become a attribute to be learned. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

Do not lie.  Do you have a right to stop taking this medication?    If you refuse to take it what will happen?   

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

If you refuse to take it what will happen?

Good question, sister. SSRI* antidepressant medications such as Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and other related ones like them can cause very undesirable withdrawal symptoms when you suddenly stop taking them. One must 'dose down' accordingly to avoid the unpleasant effects of doing so. 

SSRI* These are a class of antidepressants that boost the levels of serotonin in the brain. SSRI stands for = selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. 

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Good question, sister. SSRI* antidepressant medications such as Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and other related ones like them can cause very undesirable withdrawal symptoms when you suddenly stop taking them. One must 'dose down' accordingly to avoid the unpleasant effects of doing so. 

SSRI* These are a class of antidepressants that boost the levels of serotonin in the brain. SSRI stands for = selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. 

I meant legally but this is important too.  It could be the little you are taking is helping you to not have an episode.    

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

I meant legally but this is important too.  It could be the little you are taking is helping you to not have an episode.    

Yes, this is true. Antipsychotic meds like Risperdal and Zyprexa can also cause some undesirable withdrawals as well. Medically controlled mood swings and depression can occur when you don't take them accordingly. If they are needed, one should continue to take them as prescribed.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Do not lie.  Do you have a right to stop taking this medication?    If you refuse to take it what will happen?   

I have phased out the meds little by little over a period of 2 years. It's been weeks since I have taken any medicine. I think I'm clean now.

I don't know what the caretakers can do. I don't think they can force me to take medicine since I'm not living in a psych ward anymore. They cannot commit me to psych ward because I haven't really been a danger to myself or others for a long time. They can pressure me to move out, but that's what I'm planning to do anyway.

Edited by Alec2
  • Praying! 1

Sometimes meds I think can be in your system for a month or so still helping.  Praying for you Alec2

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1