URGENT help needed please........

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Bluewaters, well now we have a dilema. Your husband must make a consideralble amount above and beyond the poverty level. In that case the only advise I can give you is a credit counselor. Look it up in the yellow pages. They will help you consolidate your debt, lower your monthly payments and give you more cash to spend on food and neccessities. You are in a much better situation than the homeless I have worked with. Oh and this is under the cuff so to speak but resturants employ 1000's of illegals. YOu are not one of them and being as your married to an American I am sure you can get an automatic work permit. Some employers will actually file for that on your behalf. My children did grow up in goodwill clothes and I'm not the least bit ashamed of that. I never asked for handouts and was always thankful and trusting that God would provide. Ask any kid in college where to shop, they love goodwill. My friends and I had whole Saturday garage sell runs that were wonderful and fun. My childrens birthdays were spent with a homemade cake and one at the beach(free) and the other two sledding(free). My son had been saving pennies for his first Nintendo, we were having a hard time financially and He offered them to me to help. By keeping the attitude that it has to be the best and focusing on what others have you are going to miss out on opportunities to teach your son what really matters. Materialism is probably one of the most distructive problems America is facing today. The average person is carrying alot more debt than you guys. This too shall pass. Another thing that always helps me is to get out of myself. I used to take my children to the nursing home to visit the residents there. They loved to see the children and it reminded me of where we all end up no matter how much we piled in the house in our lifetimes. And I always felt lifted up because by simply walking through the door with my wee ones their lives had joy for awhile. It can be something as simple as offering to carry an elderly persons bags for a while or walk into the oncology unit in any hospital. Little children dying of cancer makes a financial situation pale in comparison. It is not what we can give our children that counts, it's what we teach them.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

"I know people can pull out of these things if they try."

"Little children dying of cancer makes a financial situation pale in comparison. It is not what we can give our children that counts, it's what we teach them."

"I lived without a phone for years and paying for the internet would have been unheard of."

Yes, Teri, you are ABSOLUTELY correct! AMEN!!! ABSOLUTELY correct!!!

I heard a saying years ago, which helps me when I get frustrated: "I can do anything I set my mind to if I concentrate on HOW to do it rather than why I can't." I thought of that tonight as I read this post...

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

To Bluewaters

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Teri,

God bless you for sharing your personal story, we went to rough times ourself years ago..I know too what that is all about..... you have to trust God no matter what and He will provide your needs and not always your wants!!

Trust Him Bluewater, the Lord is still in controle ,let Him be your God ,listen to Him and He will tell you the steps to go, He will never fail, you might have to do with a lot less then you used too, but that is ok, solong you still let God controle your life and finances!! He will help you out !!!

Angels

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Amen!!! I wish I had a steady good job!!  LOL I log with horses, and its something I love, but it doesnt pay the greatest. I'm now going to a truck driving school to get my CDL, so as to do something in the summer. Bluewaters I know a little about being in the pits, after doing five long years locked up in prison for a drunken fist fight, that still haunts me today. Try getting a job with a prison record!! LOL  :sarcasm: TerMc has given you the advice, I feel the holy spirit would want you to have. Rember the Lord is not going to let us starve. Doesnt God take care of the birds of the field, wont he surley take care of us???? I will pray for you and your family, and I suggest you pray the Lord open your heart, and accept advise from fellow Christians who have been there and done that. Terry like you I was raised with seconds, and handmedowns, and we still shop at the SA, and goodwill. I have given up on worring about what I cant change. here is a good prayer for you,

God grant me the serinity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference,,,,,,, AMEN  

Love in christ Joseph

And yes you go girl, that was the most for real answer Ive heard.

• 5 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

I just wanted to see how many people would respond to an old resurrected post :)