IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Oh?

Great Women Leaders of the Bible – Conform to Jesus

Huldah – A prophetess who verified the authenticity of the book of the law of the Lord given through Moses, which was the book of Deuteronomy. This is an important point because that means Huldah, a woman, was educated enough to read the Scriptures, understand the hermeneutical principles involved, and gained trust by men in a culture of patriarchialism (2 Kings 22:14).

Miriam – The daughter of Aaron and a prophetess. She was one of the triad leaders of Israel during the Exodus from Egypt (Exodus 15:24).

Deborah – A prophetess judge who headed the army of ancient Israel. She was a great leader and influenced Barak, the commanding army general during that time (Judges 4-5)

Esther – According to the Bible, Esther was a Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus. Her story is the basis for the celebration of Purim in Jewish tradition. This examples indicates that the Jewish people honored women before the United States. It wasn’t until 1911 when the International women’s day occurred around the week of March 8th. This whole book was written in the Bible, and guess who the hero of the story is? Esther! Go women! She was a God-honoring, loving person who demonstrated the faithfulness of God.

Ruth – The book of Ruth tells a story about a woman named Ruth who accepts the God of the Israelites as her God and the Israelite people as her own. The book is held in esteem by Jews who fall under the category of Jews by choice, as is evidenced by the presence of Boaz in rabbinic literature. Did you know that the Book of Ruth functions liturgically on a Jewish holiday called the Shavuot? Once again, a day of honor for women!

Eudoia and Syntyche – Devoted women who were active evangelists, spreading the gospel. This demonstrates that women were also helping out with the men and fulfilling the great commission to tell people the good news of Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:2).

Junia – Paul refers to a male apostle, Andronicus, and a female apostle, Junia, as outstanding among the apostles. Every Greek and Latin Church Father until Giles of Rome acknowledged that Junia was a woman. After that time, various writers and translators of the Bible resorted to various deceptions in order to suppress her gender (Romans 16:7).

Mary of Magdalene – She traveled with Jesus and His disciples throughout the region of Galilee and Judea. She was present at two of Jesus’ most important events: The Crucifixion and the resurrection. Her testimony to the resurrection demonstrates the type of faith that she had. In fact, it shows us how much greater her faith was than the disciples who had struggles believing that Jesus rose from the dead.

Mary, the mother of God – The gospel mentions Mary as the mother of God, and the most blessed among women. She spoke the words of praise in her most famous declaration of the Lord, the magnificat. Most people know her as the virgin who conceived her son miraculously by the agency of the Holy Spirit. This event led to the theological understanding of God’s hypostatic union–the union of Christ’s humanity and divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence.

These are just a few examples of women who were influential in the Bible. 

"As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.”.   Isaiah 3:12

Furthermore, only men were allowed to Temple priests, and they were in effect the real leaders of the Israelites.

Edited by RogerDC

10 minutes ago, RogerDC said:

These are just a few examples of women who were influential in the Bible

"influencial" does not necessarily denote female leadership of God's people, and very rarely does in the Bible.

Edited by RogerDC
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, RogerDC said:

Furthermore, only men were allowed to Temple priests, and they were in effect the real leaders of the Israelites.

You really think I'm ignorant of this fact? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

You really think I'm ignorant of this fact? :rolleyes:

Another interesting fact is, there are no accounts of female angels anywhere in the Bible.  Whenever God sends angels, they always take the form of males.  That is a leadership thing.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, RogerDC said:

God does not approve of female leadership - Isaiah 3:12

Why did he put Deborah in charge of Israel, then?

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, RogerDC said:

Paul had good reason:
"And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression."  1Tim 2:14

Adam had no blame?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, RogerDC said:

Another interesting fact is, there are no accounts of female angels anywhere in the Bible.  Whenever God sends angels, they always take the form of males.  That is a leadership thing.

Good grief, Roger. Don't you think I realize this also? :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, RogerDC said:

They were wicked... but there were female angels...

Zechariah 5:5–11 (AV)
5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.
6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.
7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.
8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?
11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

Their wings were of an unclean bird...

Edited by JohnD

54 minutes ago, RogerDC said:

Paul is against female leadership.  He is not against any and all roles for women in the Christian community.  In the Catholic Church, only men can be priests, but women can have subordinate roles. 

Maybe that is why Catholics are having so much trouble. I think they'd be better off with celibate women priests than married male priests.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Adam had no blame?

The woman was deceived (convinced the fruit was not what God warned it was).

Adam was defrauded, listening to the voice of his wife (Genesis 3:17) in which she omitted

the fact that the fruit she was sharing with him was the forbidden fruit. 

Adam ate the forbidden fruit (wittingly or not) and fell.

He had responsibility over creation (not just Eve) when this happened... which is why there are times

when the fall of man doesn't even mention Eve.

Reason being, Jesus (the lone Creator) took responsibility for the fallen creation on the cross.