• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

What? Me bored? Never!!!

But somethings are boring. Some people are boring. Some days and nights are boring, and definitely... some tasks are boring. 

Boredom is like an old couch, the more you endure it the worse it gets.

I like lists. But if they are too long they can be boring.

The fruit of the Spirit...there's a list.

The gifts of the Spirit...there's a list.

Paul's sufferings...there are lists of them.

I like those lists, they are a source of joy, but not so the lists of loathings that lead to boredom.

Did I mention loathings. Oh yes. Well it is my policy never to divulge the things I loathe, the reason being that in the wrong hands these can be perversely used to inflict more suffering on me, something that growing up with 5 siblings has taught me.

Nevertheless, having to endure the loathesome ordeals of life can lead to boredom, and I believe boredom must be biblically addressed when it affects the body of Christ.  

Rom 12:1-2
(1)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pro 18:16
(16)  A person's gift makes room for them, and brings him before great people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

What? Me bored? Never!!!

But somethings are boring. Some people are boring. Some days and nights are boring, and definitely... some tasks are boring. 

Boredom is like an old couch, the more you endure it the worse it gets.

I like lists. But if they are too long they can be boring.

The fruit of the Spirit...there's a list.

The gifts of the Spirit...there's a list.

Paul's sufferings...there are lists of them.

I like those lists, they are a source of joy, but not so the lists of loathings that lead to boredom.

Did I mention loathings. Oh yes. Well it is my policy never to divulge the things I loathe, the reason being that in the wrong hands these can be perversely used to inflict more suffering on me, something that growing up with 5 siblings has taught me.

Nevertheless, having to endure the loathesome ordeals of life can lead to boredom, and I believe boredom must be biblically addressed when it affects the body of Christ.  

Rom 12:1-2
(1)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pro 18:16
(16)  A person's gift makes room for them, and brings him before great people.

If I might present a thought??

Only if something other than righteousness is being sought after, can and do things get boring. For if righteousness in all things is the only thing sought after, life and all it’s doings will forever not be boring. For things can get boring but not righteousness. 

For righteousness is like the counting of numbers, regardless of how high you count, there is still an eternity of numbers that can be counted. Therefore righteousness will forever be fresh and new each and every day if it is the only thing sought after in this life, as shall be manifested in the next. 

(Food for thought.)

In Christ, Not me 

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Ditto Marilyn, amen and amen, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 3