• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

Roman Catholicism is a mixture of paganism and pseudo-Christianity.  They venerate artifacts; worship a wafer-god; follow a man who has titles of blasphemy (Holy Father, Vicar of Christ); have a mediatorial priesthood, when Christ is our only mediator; continually re-enact the Cross, when the Bible says that by one offering God has perfected forever the sanctified; they teach that we are kept justified by good works; they teach the unbiblical Purgatory; they teach that Mary is a mediatrix and that she is Queen of Heaven; they pray to "saints"; they pray to statues and pictures; they teach that you can buy a shorter time in the fictional Purgatory (Indulgences), they teach that it is absolutely necessary to salvation, to be subject to the "Pope", etc, etc.

Any genuine Christian who is in Romanism, needs to get out NOW, so that he does not partake in her sins and does not receive her plagues.

While these very stark details have accuracy, I feel the need to address this as a personal statement. Someone who truly has a heart for the Lord Jesus Christ and is a member of the Roman Catholic church would find this a little harsh. Just because someone is a congregant RCC does not mean they will be condemned to Hell as a result. I have many in-law family members and those apart from being relatives with a true heart after God.

I'm sorry, but I would have to say this is a bit overly judgmental. We are not capable of seeing the inward mind and soul of another individual to make a call on someone else's eternity. If they're saved, all the remainder of heresies are not an immediate sentence to damnation. Perhaps I see too much death on a daily basis. Many residents here are simple Hispanic and God fearing people who are innocently born into the Catholic church.

I have prayed with countless who then passed days following spending time in the Lord with them.   

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, BeauJangles said:
9 hours ago, David1701 said:

David: "They venerate artifacts;"

You don't seem to understand the word "venerate."  You are sadly unaware of Jesus use of "artifacts" as valves to release faith.

David: "They...worship a wafer-god;" 

A giggle-worthy lie.  But perhaps your lie is based on a misunderstanding of Marian healing springs like Lourdes and the House of the Virgin Mary at Ephesus.  My evangelical friend Dick was instantly healed of torn knee ligaments and arthritis by pouring water on it from Mary's healing spring at Ephesus, even though he didn't believe in this spring's healing efficacy and used the water on a dare!  

"They...follow a man who has titles of blasphemy (Holy Father, Vicar of Christ);"

Nothing blasphemous here. 

David: "They...have a mediatorial priesthood, when Christ is our only mediator;"

Nope! They agree that Christ is the only Mediator between God and humanity.  The priestly mediation of forgiveness puts Christ's mediatorship into effect.  I doubt that you're even aware of the biblically sound basis of this priestly practice. 

David: "They...continually re-enact the Cross,"

And rightly so!  Paul tells the Corinthians that when he came to them, he was determined to preach only Christ and Him crucified (1 Cor. 2:2).".  

David: "they teach that we are kept justified by good works;"

Another lie!  You are apparently clueless about their sound grasp of the biblical teaching of justification by grace through faith.hey pray to statues and pictures;" 

David: "they teach the unbiblical Purgatory;"

You are apparently clueless about the 3 NT texts on which Purgatory is soundly based.

David:  "they pray to "saints";

Again, you neither understand why nor the biblical basis for this practice.

David: "they teach that you can buy a shorter time in the fictional Purgatory (Indulgences),

Another lie!  They renounce this regrettable practice in the early 1500s.

David: "they teach that it is absolutely necessary to salvation, to be subject to the "Pope","

Another giggle-worthy lie! 

• Group:  Royal Member

17 minutes ago, Deadworm said:

On 8/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, BeauJangles said:

Well, Deadworm. I didn't have very much to say here. No problem. God bless. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Deadworm said:

David: "They venerate artifacts;"

You don't seem to understand the word "venerate."  You are sadly unaware of Jesus use of "artifacts" as valves to release faith.

David: "They...worship a wafer-god;" 

A giggle-worthy lie.  But perhaps your lie is based on a misunderstanding of Marian healing springs like Lourdes and the House of the Virgin Mary at Ephesus.  My evangelical friend Dick was instantly healed of torn knee ligaments and arthritis by pouring water on it from Mary's healing spring at Ephesus, even though he didn't believe in this spring's healing efficacy and used the water on a dare!  

"They...follow a man who has titles of blasphemy (Holy Father, Vicar of Christ);"

Nothing blasphemous here. 

David: "They...have a mediatorial priesthood, when Christ is our only mediator;"

Nope! They agree that Christ is the only Mediator between God and humanity.  The priestly mediation of forgiveness puts Christ's mediatorship into effect.  I doubt that you're even aware of the biblically sound basis of this priestly practice. 

David: "They...continually re-enact the Cross,"

And rightly so!  Paul tells the Corinthians that when he came to them, he was determined to preach only Christ and Him crucified (1 Cor. 2:2).".  

David: "they teach that we are kept justified by good works;"

Another lie!  You are apparently clueless about their sound grasp of the biblical teaching of justification by grace through faith.hey pray to statues and pictures;" 

David: "they teach the unbiblical Purgatory;"

You are apparently clueless about the 3 NT texts on which Purgatory is soundly based.

David:  "they pray to "saints";

Again, you neither understand why nor the biblical basis for this practice.

David: "they teach that you can buy a shorter time in the fictional Purgatory (Indulgences),

Another lie!  They renounce this regrettable practice in the early 1500s.

David: "they teach that it is absolutely necessary to salvation, to be subject to the "Pope","

Another giggle-worthy lie! 

Well, there it is: no godly sorrow; either ignorance or refusal to admit some of the false teachings; justification of other false teachings; and false accusations of lying.  I hope everyone recognises the spirit behind the above post.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, David1701 said:

Well, there it is: no godly sorrow; either ignorance or refusal to admit some of the false teachings; justification of other false teachings; and false accusations of lying.  I hope everyone recognises the spirit behind the above post.

And I hope everyone realizes that, I am not Catholic, but rather a Pentecostal United Methodist,  Indeed, far  from being Catholic, I have successfully sued the Catholic Church in a lawsuit that was national news!  But I also recognize that, though few things are worse than Catholicism at its worst, no Christian spirituality is superior to Catholicism at its best.  And I know that God is displeased when evangelicals who are abysmally ignorant of Catholic apologetics hate on Catholics with little regard for fair play and facts.

And I hope everyone realizes that, I am not Catholic, but rather a Pentecostal United Methodist,  Indeed, far  from being Catholic, I have successfully sued the Catholic Church in a lawsuit that was national news!  But I also recognize that, though few things are worse than Catholicism at its worst, no Christian spirituality is superior to Catholicism at its best.  And I know that God is displeased when evangelicals who are abysmally ignorant of Catholic apologetics hate on Catholics with little regard for fair play and facts.

Was there a situation of having been put into a setting where you were victimized by the priesthood to cause this lawsuit against the RCC? The reason I'm asking is I have also experienced being groomed by perpetrators while seeking a father to take the absence of mine following abandonment of my dad. After several years of his chronic alcoholism, the extremities of over consumption literally turned him into a monster. This was difficult enough, but what occurred next is all too common. 

When he left home, it made me a potential target for unscrupulous persons seeking prey. It was pretty horrible bearing the burden and having the guilt of unnecessary shame. Most young boys and pre-teens that go through this sort of thing are emotionally and psychologically damaged for their entire lifetime. The most recent class action lawsuit that has a lot of attention in spotlight these days are the BSA = Boy Scouts of America. Millions of dollars are pouring into the proceedings of the court system. 

Edited by BeauJangles

I don't hate Roman Catholics; in fact, I have witnessed to the ones I've known, hoping that they would be saved.  As an example, many years ago, I had a friend in Edinburgh, who was Roman Catholic.  I told him that his rituals would not save him but that he needed to be born again and believe in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.  He was now worried that he might not be saved, so he spoke to his "priest", who told him not to worry, because he was born again when he was "baptised", as an infant.  From that time onwards, he became gradually more and more distant and was no longer open to the gospel.

I know quite a lot about RC doctrines (and, apparently, much more than you do), since my mother was RC, for a time, and I have read quite a lot about it (including official RC sources).  I also care about them enough to witness to them and pray for them to be delivered from that false religion.

P.S.  I would not brag about suing people whom you think are Christians, if I were you.

1 Cor. 6:5-7 (WEB)

5 I say this to move you to shame. Isn’t there even one wise man among you who would be able to decide between his brothers?
6 But brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers!
7 Therefore it is already altogether a defect in you, that you have lawsuits one with another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I continue to recommend you read “Are We Together? A Protestant Analysis of Catholicism by R.C. Sproul.” Its a short read, respectful and gets into details of Catholicism and Protestantism.  

100C602D-C928-4107-B163-CC8217E21BE5.png

Edited by Fidei Defensor

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I continue to recommend you read “Are We Together? A Protestant Analysis of Catholicism by R.C. Sproul.” Its a short read, respectful and gets into details of Catholicism and Protestantism.  

100C602D-C928-4107-B163-CC8217E21BE5.png

I've read several books about Romanism, from various angles, and I don't feel inclined to read any more right now.  The latest one I read was only a few days ago, more about their influence in a particular area (Bible translations) than Romanism itself, but still useful and informative.

In case anyone is interested, the book was called "Why They Changed the Bible", by David Daniels.  Daniels is KJO; but, although I'm not KJO, I still found the vast majority of the book to be interesting and helpful.  It's quite an eye-opener...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

I've read several books about Romanism, from various angles, and I don't feel inclined to read any more right now.  The latest one I read was only a few days ago, more about their influence in a particular area (Bible translations) than Romanism itself, but still useful and informative.

In case anyone is interested, the book was called "Why They Changed the Bible", by David Daniels.  Daniels is KJO; but, although I'm not KJO, I still found the vast majority of the book to be interesting and helpful.  It's quite an eye-opener...

You should check this one out, it is very good. 

Sproul is gifted at making the distinctions. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor