• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, appy said:

Matthew 24 : 23 - 27

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.  For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time.  "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.  For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I thought that ment if someone ELSE claims to be the messiah. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

21 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

I thought that ment if someone ELSE claims to be the messiah. 

It does. It also tells how the Messiah will come back. It pretty much states in black and white that anyone claiming to be the Messiah before His second return is not the Messiah. So if someone says "I'm Jesus" they're not. Simple as that. When the real Messiah returns there will be no debate, the entire world will see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member

16 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

It does. It also tells how the Messiah will come back. It pretty much states in black and white that anyone claiming to be the Messiah before His second return is not the Messiah. So if someone says "I'm Jesus" they're not. Simple as that. When the real Messiah returns there will be no debate, the entire world will see it.

I find it realistic that Jesus would show himself to certain worthy individuals for whatever reason. I think if Jesus appeared to you out of nowhere and you said 'in the name of Jesus who are you' and they said Jesus then its legit. I mean like a spirit appearing to you suddenly so you know its supernatural. Matthew 24 says if others claim to be the messiah not to believe them. 

37 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

I find it realistic that Jesus would show himself to certain worthy individuals for whatever reason. I think if Jesus appeared to you out of nowhere and you said 'in the name of Jesus who are you' and they said Jesus then its legit. I mean like a spirit appearing to you suddenly so you know its supernatural. Matthew 24 says if others claim to be the messiah not to believe them. 

It matters not what you and I might find realistic, but rather, what the Bible says. The Bible says to test the spirits, with the Bible. The Bible says anyone claiming to Be Christ showing up before His second coming is lying. It's really as simple as that.

So no, some random person saying "I am Christ" is not enough to convince me that He is, unless it is unmistakably clear it's the second coming.

• Group:  Junior Member

14 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

It matters not what you and I might find realistic, but rather, what the Bible says. The Bible says to test the spirits, with the Bible. The Bible says anyone claiming to Be Christ showing up before His second coming is lying. It's really as simple as that.

So no, some random person saying "I am Christ" is not enough to convince me that He is, unless it is unmistakably clear it's the second coming.

I still think matthew 24 is talking about other people claiming to be the messiah. I think Jesus can still appear to you. If a spirit came to you and you tested it by saying' in the name of Jesus christ who are you?' and it said Jesus then it's legit. Cos god wouldn't allow it to lie.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

15 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

We're told clearly Jesus DID appear, after the resurrection ...to Paul.  And it had nothing to do with his "worthiness".  When Jesus chose to appear to Paul he was a murderous persecutor OF Jesus.   But it's clear to me He can and does appear to men after His ascension.

With that said, I did watch part of the video...i have a few issues with it.  It didn't sit well with me at all.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Wouldn't. want to even see it, as NOONE has seen Christ, since His resurrection, as the bible says.

John saw Jesus in patmos island so Jesus can appear in personal vision.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ineedhugs said:

I still think matthew 24 is talking about other people claiming to be the messiah. I think Jesus can still appear to you. If a spirit came to you and you tested it by saying' in the name of Jesus christ who are you?' and it said Jesus then it's legit. Cos god wouldn't allow it to lie.

I hate to break it to you but a spirit who is not of God will lie to you all day long, every day of every year. Satan is the father of deceit. It was through lying that he got eve to take the fruit. That is NOT  the way to test a spirit, that is the way to follow every false prophet you come across, because they will ALL tell you they are of Christ.

The way to test the spirit is through the BIBLE. so tell me, USING SCRIPTURE what makes YOU think the person in this video is Christ?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

18 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

can the tell where in the bible it says he will be with his father and nowhere else?

For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets. Acts 3:21

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

John saw Jesus in patmos island so Jesus can appear in personal vision.

That may well be possible, but are you going to accept visions of others as though they have the authority of scripture?

It is a rhetorical question, I know you won't! I would hope that we would not even trust our own visions, to that degree, deception is possible, so are mental problems. I would only trust visions, that do not contradict, or even add to scripture.