• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/2005

Why should I be Christian over another religion?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, ChristianBoy1243 said:

1. Only Jesus Christ has the ability to forgive sins.  2.  Only the God of Jesus can change our lives to be loving and forgiving.  3. Only the God of Jesus is love. 4. Only the God of Jesus will come into your life and change you so you find joy and peace even in bad circumstance. 5.  He will make you more patient and kind. 6. Only the God of Jesus has promised to be with us and strengthen us through life's hardships.  7.    Only through Jesus will you be able to live in heaven with God after you die.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

2 hours ago, ChristianBoy1243 said:

This is really a good question for all Christians to sit and think about. Your very wise in asking with so many different religions, even different kinds of Christianity now days.

I have even thought about your simple but very challenging and very compelling question for a while now before answering.

I think my own story is my best answer.

Before I became a Christian, I hated God and wanted nothing to do with Him nor anyone connected with Him like pastors that come to your door. I would tell them to get the #%&* off my property. But looking back, God didn't give up on me, and allowed difficult times to come into my life that I couldn't handle alone. And like many people I've talked to or heard their story, many were almost identical. The first thing they thought about was GOD, PLEASE HELP ME. The bible says that God put's the knowledge of Him in our hearts when we're created, and for me it was true.

After God put His calling on me and I responded, God surrounded me with people who wanted to help me and be there for me. At the time it was pretty amazing, and I could feel something going on in my heart I never experienced before. I had men taking me under their wing, being very loving and sharing with me scriptures and teaching me about salvation  in private bible studies, and I could feel it affecting me. Over the coarse of teaching, I found myself wanting what they had, peace kindness and being so sure about what they hadin Christ, and how confident they were in their futures, and their wonderful family lives they had.

Eventually I gave my life to Christ and even though to this day there still have been problems in my life like most here have, as Christ promised there would be, He also promised to love us and be with us and help us and provide for us in all manner of ways, and He has been incredibly faithful no matter where I was in life.

God in His beautiful way makes me feel loved, and he has been so trustworthy in answering prayers for friends, family, even people I hardly know, and for me too.

What more could I ask for, but then there is eternal life with God and Christ that we can look forward to also.

Christianboy1243, I don't know why you asked this question, but I pray that my answer and maybe some others here help you in your growth and relationship with Christ.

God bless you as you continue in your walk.

Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

2 hours ago, ChristianBoy1243 said:

Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with a living savior as opposed to a dead prophet. 

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

If your question is genuine concern, I'm wondering why you are calling yourself ChristianBoy 1243. If you are indeed a christian, then you know why you are a christian as apposed to not being one. If, indeed, I have not understood your question adequately, I apologise, God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, ChristianBoy1243 said:

Christianity is a relationship with God. Christianity is not about signing up for a religion. Therefore Christianity is very different than a religion. Christianity is about being born into the family of God.