• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 1/24/2020 at 12:57 AM, K9Buck said:

The Baptists?  Lutherans?  Methodists?  Who please?  Thanks.  

There is enough of major theology in common of those churches, it does not matter.

They differ in minors of very little interest.

I do have no doubt that Latter Day Saints aka Mormons are not really true Christians because they have another Jesus.

One that is a false christ.

Gal 1

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are troubling you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! 9 As we have said before, I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!

• Group:  Diamond Member

On 1/25/2020 at 3:13 AM, Melinda12 said:

Hi

I absolutely love your journey! I am relieved not to be alone in thinking this way. Seeking the truth, thinking for yourself is vital. Our personal relationship with God is crucial. 

look for a book called decide for yourself by Lewis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/24/2020 at 1:05 AM, ayin jade said:

A bible believing and Christ following church. Many denominations are falling away into doctrinal areas. For instance, you mentioned the methodist church. Recently they voted to have a non traditional branch that accepts gay marriage and gay pastors. In my view that disqualifies the methodist church from being a sound good church. 

If you are curious, I go to a Messianic congregation.

Hello, I was about to say the same thing. Bridging the gap between old testament and New Testament was one of my favorite thing to do because it was the most consistent. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

Decide for Yourself: A Theological Workbook  https://www.amazon.com/Decide-Yourself-Theological-Gordon-Lewis/dp/1620323257

The great Christian doctrines are worth thinking through for ourselves. That's why Gordon Lewis has provided this concise and complete survey of the major truths of the Christian faith. But rather than just telling us what he has discovered in Scripture, he offers a theological workbook that helps us explore the evidence itself and to draw our own conclusions. He has organized the material around the main themes of God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, humanity, creation, the church, and the end times. This unique text has been used by students of the Bible over the last three decades in the classroom, in the home and in the church. Its enduring quality continues to make it a valuable tool for all who want to develop a systematic theology for themselves. Of Lewis's six published books, his Decide for Yourself: A Theological Workbook has been the most versatile. It has been used in informal neighborhood and college Bible studies, church education classes, youth groups, Bible schools, colleges, and seminaries, and extension courses in theological education.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/24/2020 at 12:57 AM, Guest K9Buck said:

The Baptists?  Lutherans?  Methodists?  Who please?  Thanks.  

"Which Christian Denomination  is true?"

What does the Bible speak about the first churches? What does the letter written under inspiration of God by John and commonly known as Revelation state about "true" (The seven churches)? How does one use that information to apply to  individual church bodies today?

Any denomination, any local church body, if it were true  it could not remain so if I am allowed to join it! I need to find the ones that are not so much "true", but that teach  God's word and invite God's saints to worship and commune with Him and each other even in our flawed state of being in the flesh. I need a place full of flawed individuals seeking God's will for them as I seek God's will for me so that we may all worship Him corporately, and perhaps learn together how best to serve Him today as a soldier in the army of Jesus.

Who teaches Christ is  a mighty warrior not a teddy bear pillow? There I  am comforted, and encouraged,-there where it is sung and believed, He was with us in the fire!

God has lead me to several such places, each with a different name brand on the street sign, but all being of Christ's army sharing the gospel actively with an unsaved world of individuals.