IGNORED

Any fans here of "Little House on the Prairie"?

Guest K9Buck

It was a great show and taught a lot of great values.  

Years later, Melissa Gilbert said that Michael Landon was a great guy both on and off the set.  She said folks used to joke wit him about having a Hollywood haircut while playing the role of an 1890's farmer in Minnesota.  LOL.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

I have read some of the books and loved them,  I personally did not like the show myself.   Glad to hear that someone else seems to also like them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

My wife is a big fan.....she forces me to watch it with her sometimes. I’ve seen worse stuff. “My Mother, the Car” comes to mind....

44 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My wife is a big fan.....she forces me to watch it with her sometimes. I’ve seen worse stuff. “My Mother, the Car” comes to mind....

It sounds like you have a sweet wife.  Anyway, it's better than watching Mexican soaps, which is what my Mexican wife makes this gringo watch  :24:.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Seen every episode. But I did stop watching when they all grew up and all the actors got replaced by some other people I don't know. Like them new people living in the old Ingall's house.  Did watch the last episode though. Also a few years back, I emailed one of the actors who played "Carrie" and she emailed me back!. She was working at a normal job at an insurance office. I think I got the email off of a fan site. It was a long time ago. But anyway that was cool. I told her how much I loved the show and she thanked me for being a fan. In the reruns I can tell what the episode is going to be about just by the name of the guest star. That is how much I have watched this show. So.....Yeah I guess you could call me a fan. 

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Seen every episode. But I did stop watching when they all grew up and all the actors got replaced by some other people I don't know. Like them new people living in the old Ingall's house.  Did watch the last episode though. Also a few years back, I emailed one of the actors who played "Carrie" and she emailed me back!. She was working at a normal job at an insurance office. I think I got the email off of a fan site. It was a long time ago. But anyway that was cool. I told her how much I loved the show and she thanked me for being a fan. In the reruns I can tell what the episode is going to be about just by the name of the guest star. That is how much I have watched this show. So.....Yeah I guess you could call me a fan. 

I guess you are!  My ex-wife used to make fun of me for watching that show.  I had a home-office and had it on every day and then would switch to a news channel afterward.  

I too never cared for the show once all the original kids in the show reached adulthood.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, IloveyouGod. said:

I have read some of the books and loved them,  I personally did not like the show myself.   Glad to hear that someone else seems to also like them.

I liked the tv show. It was wholesome.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Indeed it was good wholesome tv for children.