IGNORED

So are dead people with God or unconscious and wating...

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Well, I know what "asleep" means and it means unconsciousness.  Why would the original author use that word?  Why not just say "They're in Heaven"?  Why make it convoluted?  

Hi Buck,

God uses the term,` asleep in Christ` as it reveals the connection of the believer to Christ. The believers in the Body of Christ are not just a loose group of individuals but a Body, Christ`s body of believers. It designates who and where they are.

Also in Hebrews 12: 22 & 23 we see the believers are referred to as the `church of the first-born` meaning the called out ones (from Israel and the nations) of Jesus Christ the first manifested, (born). This differentiates them from the `spirits of just men, (& women)` who are the Old Testament Saints.  

We are not all just a `vegie soup,` (all in together) but actual different groups that God has purposes for.

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

We will all be resurrected for judgement.....every single one of us, saved or unsaved.

Hi Jostler,

That is not what God`s word says. Those in the Body of Christ  & the Old Testament Saints do NOT go to God`s great white throne judgment. Christ took our judgment upon Himself. That is what it means to be `saved,` from judgment. 

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

God uses the term,` asleep in Christ` as it reveals the connection of the believer to Christ.

So then do you disagree with the statement below?  

Having “fallen asleep in Christ” is a metaphor for having died. Death is not a favorite topic. We mostly prefer to state that someone has “passed away” instead of having died. The word itself doesn’t sound pleasant. Furthermore, many tombstones state “Rest in Peace,” assuming that death is a rest-giver. Oct 28 2016

25 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

So then do you disagree with the statement below?  

Having “fallen asleep in Christ” is a metaphor for having died. Death is not a favorite topic. We mostly prefer to state that someone has “passed away” instead of having died. The word itself doesn’t sound pleasant. Furthermore, many tombstones state “Rest in Peace,” assuming that death is a rest-giver. Oct 28 2016

Yes the person has died, however the believer`s spirit is with the Lord in the General assembly as God`s word says. (Heb. 12: 22 & 23) And we also read that God the Father will send Jesus WITH THOSE BELIEVERS who are `asleep` (resting) in Christ. (1 Thess. 4: 14)

`For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God (the Father) will bring with Him (Jesus) those who sleep in Jesus.` (1 Thess. 4: 14)

28 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

@Marilyn C  Thank you for answering so many questions.  May God bless you! 

Fine Buck, my pleasure.

At the moment I am doing a series in my blog area, `Marilyn`s Messages,` and you may find it interesting, even if you just look at the diagrams. I posted one of them here a few posts back. I think a diagram often helps us to understand more than lots of writing. I do a post a day and have a few more to go.

Bless you too, bro and enjoy your questions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, K9Buck said:

So unbelievers suffer horribly in Hell but might be saved later if they're judged to be good.  Right?  

No one is in hell right now. Hades is a temporary waiting area until they are are judged at the Great White throne judgment. At that time Hades will give up all of the unbelieving souls and the souls will reunite with their resurrected bodies. They are not saved. They made their choice while they were on this earth. Hell will be opened and all of them will be thrown into the eternal lake of fire.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

I don't think i've read that yet. Where is it in scripture that we immediately go to heaven? 

If i'm already in heaven did I miss the judgement or does that happen later?

You are in heaven?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

You are in heaven?

If...If.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

No one is in hell right now. Hades is a temporary waiting area until they are are judged at the Great White throne judgment. At that time Hades will give up all of the unbelieving souls and the souls will reunite with their resurrected bodies. They are not saved. They made their choice while they were on this earth. Hell will be opened and all of them will be thrown into the eternal lake of fire.  

Do you believe any NDE accounts from those who claim to have met Jesus or visited Heaven?