IGNORED

So are dead people with God or unconscious and wating...

Guest K9Buck

...to be resurrected?  

I've seen so many NDE accounts that I believe we NEVER actually die, but that our soul leaves our body and goes to be with God.  

Is it possible that, before Jesus, souls did remain unconscious but that, after Jesus's crucifixion, souls went straight to God?  

The idea that we are unconscious in the grave seems to contradict John 3:16 John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

Is it possible that, before Jesus, souls did remain unconscious but that, after Jesus's crucifixion, souls went straight to God?  

Psalm 68:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 When you ascended on high,
    you took many captives;
    you received gifts from people,
even from[a] the rebellious—
    that you,[b] Lord God, might dwell there.

Edited by K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

...to be resurrected?  

I've seen so many NDE accounts that I believe we NEVER actually die, but that our soul leaves our body and goes to be with God.  

The idea that we are unconscious in the grave seems to contradict John 3:16 John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Hi Buck,

`But you have come to Mount Zion ......to the GENERAL ASSEMBLY and CHURCH of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the SPIRITS OF JUST MEN made perfect.`(Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Buck,

`But you have come to Mount Zion ......to the GENERAL ASSEMBLY and CHURCH of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the SPIRITS OF JUST MEN made perfect.`(Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

So, the souls that were in the grave were taken to Heaven by Jesus and, thereafter, all others who died also go straight to Heaven.  Is my understanding correct?  Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

...to be resurrected?  

When a born again Christian dies their soul immediately goes to heaven. Their body remains in the grave until the resurrection which is when the Church is raptured. That soul that goes to heaven has somewhat of a substance and is very conscience of what their surroundings are. They recognize those in heaven that they knew and loved and died before they did.  When an unbeliever dies their soul goes immediately to Hades. That is a holding area until they are judged in the Great White Throne judgment.Their body will be resurrected at that time as well.This will be at the end of the 1000 year millennium. Hades is a horrible place. 

28 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

So, the souls that were in the grave were taken to Heaven by Jesus and, thereafter, all others who died also go straight to Heaven.  Is my understanding correct?  Thank you.

Hi Buck,

The souls IN CHRIST are ASLEEP in Christ, as God`s word says, (1 Thess. 4: 14). And they are in the angelic realm in the General assembly awaiting their inheritance in Christ.

The Old Testament Saints are also there in the General assembly awaiting their inheritance. (Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

dosnt paul say that we that we born again believer sleep sleep?

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

When a born again Christian dies their soul immediately goes to heaven. Their body remains in the grave until the resurrection which is when the Church is raptured. That soul that goes to heaven has somewhat of a substance and is very conscience of what their surroundings are. They recognize those in heaven that they knew and loved and died before they did.  When an unbeliever dies their soul goes immediately to Hades. That is a holding area until they are judged in the Great White Throne judgment.Their body will be resurrected at that time as well.This will be at the end of the 1000 year millennium. Hades is a horrible place. 

Hi mm,

God`s word tells us that those believers who have died are ASLEEP IN CHRIST. (1 Thess. 4: 14) They do NOT know what is going on and definitely do not see or speak with others who are also ASLEEP IN CHRIST.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

oops sorry ,slow again.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better  Philippians 1:23

The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands.

For the righteous man is taken away from evil, He enters into peace;

They rest in their beds, Each one who walked in his upright way. Isaiah 57:1–2

We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8