IGNORED

So are dead people with God or unconscious and wating...

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,714
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, Guest K9Buck said:

...to be resurrected?  

I've seen so many NDE accounts that I believe we NEVER actually die, but that our soul leaves our body and goes to be with God.  

Is it possible that, before Jesus, souls did remain unconscious but that, after Jesus's crucifixion, souls went straight to God?  

The idea that we are unconscious in the grave seems to contradict John 3:16 John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Hi, If you or anyone here really want to engage in a study of death / sleep, I recommend the following sermon be read in it's eight page entirety. The sermon is a very thorough expositionary presentation on death - sleep;

Sermon #3077

Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit 1

DEATH—A SLEEP

NO. 3077

A SERMON
PUBLISHED ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 30, 1908, 
DELIVERED BY C. H. SPURGEON,
AT NEW PARK STREET CHAPEL, SOUTHWARK.

“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13.

[On January 31, 1892, the beloved preacher, “after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep.” That verse was the text of the Sermon (#2243, Volume 38) published on the day of his funeral, to which

Mrs. Spurgeon gave the title, “HIS OWN FUNERAL SERMON”Read/download the entire sermon, free of

charge, at http://www.spurgeongems.org.