creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Something interesting I saw in YouTube.  People were asked to say what types of toxic behaviour in their opinion have been generally socially accepted but in reality shouldn't be.  

Here are some of mine-

Shaming people for their interests. Eg looking down for people who play video games or watch cartoons as immature while playing games like dominoes for hours or being  fanatic about sports is accepted.So long as its legal and moral what's wrong with them.

Criticizing racism but accepting  nationalityism.

I've had CHRISTIANS warn me  off of certain nationalities (dating wise) because theyre 'tricky' one man ever saidwomen from my country (which he left as a child and hadn't loved in since ) aren't submissive and most can't cook so had never want one.

Degrading men due to being  a virgin. I had a birthday hangout ruined by 2 friends  repeatedly doing this this me.  Never held once since.

Boasting about how drunk they have gotten or will get .

What are some of yours?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Something interesting I saw in YouTube.  People were asked to say what types of toxic behaviour in their opinion have been generally socially accepted but in reality shouldn't be.

Drop the tube, and look for answers in scripture.
Think for your self.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Seek his will in all you do, and
he will show you which path to take  Prov 3, 5-6

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I don't pretend to be responsible for, nor have any authority over societies. I limit my concern about behavior to my own before my LORD. I have enough failing to warrant using my time tending to them  

Doesn't matter a wit what a society may do or think. "Society" does not determine what my responsibility to God is or is not.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Well you could ise Gods word to point out whysaid behaviours are NOT ok.

If you're not going to participate in the thread according to the subject ......why bother commenting in the 1st place?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Here are some of mine-

Shaming people for their interests. Eg looking down for people who play video games or watch cartoons as immature while playing games like dominoes for hours or being  fanatic about sports is accepted.So long as its legal and moral what's wrong with them.

Criticizing racism but accepting  nationalityism.

I've had CHRISTIANS warn me  off of certain nationalities (dating wise) because theyre 'tricky' one man ever saidwomen from my country (which he left as a child and hadn't loved in since ) aren't submissive and most can't cook so had never want one.

Degrading men due to being  a virgin. I had a birthday hangout ruined by 2 friends  repeatedly doing this this me.  Never held once since.

Boasting about how drunk they have gotten or will get .

What are some of yours?

God taught us that homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22), but if you say that outloud, many people will accuse you of being evil. One "Christian" friend I had called me a Cristo-Nazi for saying that. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

God taught us that homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22), but if you say that outloud, many people will accuse you of being evil. One "Christian" friend I had called me a Cristo-Nazi for saying that. 

For the sake of argument...

could you show where this is confirmed in the New Covenant?

As opposed to stoning people for adultery (Leviticus 20:10).

and lets remind ourselves what adultery includes (according to the Old Covenant Law)

Leviticus 18:8 (AV)
8 The nakedness of thy father’s wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father’s nakedness.

Isaiah 47:1–3 (AV)
1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.
2 Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers.
3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to take up rocks to throw in then next Sunday goin' to meetin' services!

To say nothing about the unchurched outside world!

Edited by JohnD

Matthew 7:1–12 (AV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Romans 14:4 (AV)
4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Romans 2:1–6 (AV)
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

How many millions have we in the Church bludgeoned for failings that we all have?

How could we best hinder the Gospel outreach to those millions than that we bludgeon

them because their faults are not technically precisely as our own?

Jesus said  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

our enemies...

Give all the Gospel and let God sort out the details

with them the same way he does with all of us.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

45 minutes ago, JohnD said:

For the sake of argument...

could you show where this is confirmed in the New Covenant?

As opposed to stoning people for adultery (Leviticus 20:10).

and lets remind ourselves what adultery includes (according to the Old Covenant Law)

Leviticus 18:8 (AV)
8 The nakedness of thy father’s wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father’s nakedness.

Isaiah 47:1–3 (AV)
1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.
2 Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers.
3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to take up rocks to throw in then next Sunday goin' to meetin' services!

To say nothing about the unchurched outside world!

Why would I care if it's confirmed in the New Covenant?