• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Actually don't believe you desire to walk in sin. I was simply answering your post. You are the one who stated based on Acts 15:29 that nothing else was required of us.

In regards to all the day, I thank the Lord each day for life and begin each day in praise. However the Sabbath was made holy and is a very special day of the week, every week for me. It is a day made holy by the Lord, He is the one that set it aside and put it at higher importance than the other six. It wasn't me. Only God is make a day holy. The Sabbath is a shadow of the millennium rest but that doesn't make it less, it makes it more for it carries blessings and symbolism.  Don't you think that if God makes something holy that man shouldn't so easily toss it aside with human reasoning?

It is also interesting that you mentioned the judgment seat. If all law is gone, if we can do as we want, nothing required.... then what are we being judged for?

It is also interesting that you mentioned the judgment seat. If all law is gone, if we can do as we want, nothing required.... then what are we being judged for?

This side of the Cross, in this Age Of Grace, Two things are required- Believe and Love. Do those two things and everything else will take care of itself.I always do what I want because now that I have been given a New Heart my “wants” have lined up with God’s “wants”. The only people that will be judged are those that desire to be judged— those that never turned to God with Faith in Jesus to Save them. They are the Unbelievers of all ages. They never saw their need for a Savior and never worried about it. They Desire to be judged because they think they are “ good enough”—— not perfect necessarily , but good enough to make the Grade. They will be saying, “ Give me what I deserve ,God ! That is exactly what God will do.One does  not “ deserve” to go to Heaven” unless they are as  Perfect as Jesus Himself.I am Nothing But a wretched Man who belongs in the deepest pit of Hell. Yet, because our God is a God of Love and Mercy, He took my Faith in the Gospel Of Jesus ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) and “ counted it as Righteousness”.Christ took “ my” Judgement at the Cross and in turn I got “His” Righteousness..... I am  not Righteous on my own , but I am “ MADE Righteous” because  I Trust the Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING to save me.Yes, all those that want to be judged for  their “ good lives”, obedience to the Law, church attendance , Sabbath Keeping or think they are  Justified  because they were gifted with The super long memories and the good fortune to Repent Of all their sins before they died , WILL get what they deserve. Hell.  They will be hearing the following Words— “Depart from me, I NEVER knew you.” REST in the Gospel all you who think its a small thing to add to it with Good Living or Repenting from sins.If you ain’t “ Resting” you are “Working”.God will not save those “ working” for their Salvation.He saves those that are “ Trusting” for their Salvation.God Bless......
  • Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ By The WORKS OF THE LAW No Flesh will be Justified”.......... there is PLENTY more.....

Many Christians give lip service to the fact they live in the New Covenant.

The truth however is that because they fail to realise they are no longer under the law they are really still living in an Old Covenant reality.

Here are 37 scriptures that prove that Christians are not under the law!

Acts

The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

Romans

The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

1 Corinthians

The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)

2 Corinthians

The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

Galatians

The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16)

Christians are dead to the law. (Galatians 2:19)

The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)

To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”. (Galatians 3:1)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)

The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Ephesians

Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

Philippians

Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-8)

1 Timothy

The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:8) (see next verse for the context)

It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

Hebrews

The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)

God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8)

It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)

It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

Well there you have it… 37 scriptures that make a very convincing arguement.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

6 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

not sure I get what you are saying now .. if "you" do murder someone or do commit adultery with another person's spouse, what will happen with/to "you" then?

Ever hear of God’s “ Chastisement” for His Children?.......If you are NOT Chastised when you sin, you are not His Son or Daughter.......God has “ forgotten” ALL of my sins when it comes to Salvation.....In our lifetimes here on Earth it is a very different story......Anybody who thinks that we can just “ sin away” now that we are Forever Saved by our Faith in the Gospel is going to be in for a very rude awakening......To paraphrase Charles Stanley...... “ Do you think you can sin as a Saved Christian and get away with it? I DARE you!”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHY  IS  IT  THAT  SO  MANY  BELIEVE  THAT  GOD  IS  THE  LIAR  INSTEAD  OF  THEMSELVES 

HEBREWS 5:9  AND  BEING  MADE  PERFECT  HE  BECAME  THE  AUTHOR  OF  ETERNAL  SALVATION  UNTO  ALL  THEM  THAT  OBEY  HIM

ACTS 13:46 then paul and barnabas waxed bold and said it was necessary that the word of GOD should first have been spoken to you --but seeing you put it from you--and judge ---YOURSELVES  UNWORTHY  OF  EVERLASTING  LIFE--- lo we turn to the gentiles 

ROMANS 11:21  for if GOD spared not the natural branches take heed lest HE also spare not thee 

JUDE 1:10  but these speak evil of those things which they know not but what they know naturally as brute beasts in those things --- THEY CORRUPT  THEMSELVES ---

LUKE 21:34  and take heed to yourselves lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness ---and cares of this life--- and so that day come upon you unawares --21:35-- for as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell upon the face of the earth

--21:36-- WATCH  YOU  THEREFORE  --AND  PRAY  ALWAYS--  THAT  YOU  MAY  BE  --ACCOUNTED  WORTHY--  TO  ESCAPE  ALL  THESE  THINGS  THAT  SHALL  COME  TO  PASS  AND  TO  STAND  BEFORE  THE  SON  OF  MAN

2 THESSALONIANS 1:7  and to you also who are troubled --rest with us-- when THE LORD JESUS shall be revealed from heaven with HIS mighty angels 

--1:8--  in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not GOD ---AND  THAT  OBEY  NOT  THE  GOSPEL  OF  OUR  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST---

EPHESIANS 2:2  wherein --IN  TIME  PAST--  you walked according to the course of this world according to the prince of the power of the air --- THE  SPIRIT  THAT  NOW  WORKETH  IN  THE  CHILDREN  OF  DISOBEDIENCE ---

ROMANS  1:18  for the wrath of GOD is revealed from heaven against all--ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold the truth in unrighteousness--

HEBREWS 10:20  BY  A  NEW  AND  LIVING  WAY   WHICH  HE  HATH  CONSECRATED  FOR  US  THROUGH  THE  VAIL  THAT  IS  TO  SAY  HIS  FLESH

2 TIMOTHY  study to show thyself --APPROVED  UNTO  GOD--A  WORKMAN-- that needeth not to be ashamed ---RIGHTLY  DIVIDING--- the word of truth 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ By The WORKS OF THE LAW No Flesh will be Justified”.......... there is PLENTY more.....

I agree. The law will not and can not save. Salvation is only through our Lord Jesus, there is no other way! I keep the law to show my love for my Lord not to replace him. Jesus is essential, without Him, there is no hope.

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The only people that will be judged are those that desire to be judged

interesting..... Romans 14:10 uses the word "all".

• Thumbs Up 1

Sabbath Keeping or think they are  Justified  because they were gifted with The super long memories and the good fortune to Repent Of all their sins before they died , WILL get what they deserve. Hell.

Sad, you almost seem to delight in the thought.

• Well Said! 1

.I always do what I want because now that I have been given a New Heart my “wants” have lined up with God’s “wants”.

That sounds like a "pick and choose" religion. You follow God's wants as long as they fit your wants not the other way around it would appear. What do yo consider God's wants to be?  Be specific please, a list would be nice, would love to know what the wants of God are, what does he expect of a Christian in your way of thinking? 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Sad, you almost seem to delight in the thought.

Very called for, yes.  The world and the enemy of Christ delights in planning sin and designing wickedness every day - lawlessness !

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

that is un called for.

Not meaning to be hateful, but for someone to be so quick to declare those who keep the Sabbath are going to hell seems to be uncalled for don't you think? I think discussion should be made without declaring those who keep the Sabbath over Sunday or those who believe in the law over those who don't as being condemned. Don't you think that those comments are uncalled for?

• Thumbs Up 1