alaric_w

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

If one is familiar with the story of Abraham and Sarah and Hagar, Plus Isaac and Ismael, they can understand how Paul used their lives to be an illustration as to how God views Grace versus Law.When it came to ordinary sinners in the Church, they were to be “ handed over to Satan” with the hope that they would come to their senses, abandon their sin and return  back to the Church where they were to be welcomed back with open arms.If this same opportunity was given to Legalists, it is not mentioned in the Bible . Speaking through Paul, God’s verdict was clear—- Throw Them Out. No mention of debating with them .....no mention of praying for them ......no mention of begging them......no mention of handing them over to Satan in the hope that they would repent and abandon their sin. God knows and proclaims that the Legalist will always live to attack those who Trust in His Grace.They serve no purpose other than to antagonize, sew insecurity , attack and spread their Leaven to those who try to live according to God’s Plan—Grace, activated by Faith in Jesus Plus Nothing.Please Read all about this in Galations, chapter4.......key in on Verse 20..... God could not make it more clear— “ Cast out the Bondwoman and Her Son.” 

Personally, I want the Legalists to hang around....I like to use them as “ Springboards” to get the Truth out there—- the Gospel Of Grace. Others want to see them to participate and we will help them “Grow.” Both ways are sensible— neither are God’s Way to deal with them .Once again, God says, “ Throw them out” and God always knows best...... 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

JESUS CHRIST -- THE  LORD  OF  LORDS  AND  KING  OF  KINGS -- not man -- 

PSALM 146:10  THE LORD shall reign forever ---EVEN THY GOD--- o zion unto all generations praise you --THE LORD--

*******LUKE 19:27  BUT  THOSE  MINE  ENEMIES  WHICH  WOULD  NOT  THAT  I  SHOULD  REIGN  OVER  THEM  BRING  HITHER  AND  SLAY  THEM  BEFORE  ME*******

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit ---WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD---

REVELATION 2:16  repent or else I will come unto thee quickly and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth 

PSLAM 119:139  my zeal hath consumed me ---BECAUSE  MINE  ENEMIES  HAVE  FORGOTTEN  THY  WORDS---

PSALM 71:10  for mine enemies speak against me and they that lay wait for my soul ---take counsel together---

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*******PSALM 144:3  LORD  WHAT  IS  MAN  THAT  THOU  TAKEST  KNOWLEDGE  OF  HIM  OR  THE  SON  OF  MAN  THAT  THOU  MAKEST  ACCOUNT  OF  HIM   --144:4-- MAN  IS  LIKE  TO  VANITY  HIS  DAYS  ARE  AS  A  SHADOW  THAT  PASSETH  AWAY*******  

ISAIAH 8:20  to the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word it is because there is no light in them

JOHN 3:21  but he that doeth truth cometh to the light --THAT HIS DEEDS-- may be made manifest that they are wrought in GOD

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 TIMOTHY 3:1  this know also that in the last days perilous times shall come --3:2-- for men shall be --lovers of their own selves--covetous boasters proud blasphemers disobedient to parents unthankful unholy ……. --3:5-- having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof --FROM SUCH TURN AWAY--

2 TIMOTHY 4:1  I  CHARGE  THEE  THEREFORE  BEFORE  GOD  AND  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  WHO  SHALL  JUDGE  THE  QUICK  AND  THE  DEAD  AT  HIS  APPEARING   AND  HIS  KINGDOM  --4:2-- PREACH  THE  WORD  BE  INSTANT  IN  SEASON  OUT  OF  SEASON  REPROVE  REBUKE  EXHORT  WITH  ALL  LONGSUFFERING  AND  DOCTRINE

--4:3--FOR  THE  TIME  WILL  COME  WHEN  THEY  WILL  NOT  ENDURE  SOUND  DOCTRINE  BUT  AFTER  THEIR  OWN  LUSTS  SHALL  THEY  HEAP  TO  THEMSELVES  TEACHERS  HAVING  ITCHING  EARS  

--4:4-- and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables ---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

ooooooooo, how is it legalism to obey Christ's COMMANDMENTS and God's COMMANDMENTS to believe and love as given in 1 John 3:23-24 and then God would abide in and with those persons 

You have it exactly backwards......

If God was not abiding in one already.....they would NEVER go on to Believe and Love.....

“ If you Love God , you will obey His Commandments” is not a threat—- it is a statement of fact.

I will say it AGAIN.....please pay attention! Obedience ? That would be a Good Thing. Commandment Keeping? Once again—that would be a Good thing.Thinking That Those Good Things Save?Sorry, they don’t.Resting in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 is what saves a man, according to Jesus.This Gospel is a Gospel Of Grace.Understanding Grace Spurs Love.Love spurs obedience.Obedience from the Heart......the only kind Of Obedience God is impressed with....

I exalt Obedience Just as much as you do .....I just know how to make it flow naturally and I never worry about it because I know that my obedience or lack thereof will affect my Christian Walk here on Earth- I can show up in Heaven with a few stripes on my back or I can show up with a bunch of them.....that is up to me.It us a reflection of my Wisdom or my Foolishness.It has NOTHING to do with Salvation.Faith in the Gospel Alone took care of that....Trust in Commandment Keeping for a good life that pleases God and allows Him to bless you......Don’t get carried away with it and think that it saves you . It doesn’t.Sorry to sound like a broken record but—— it’s Nothing But The Blood for Salvation.Woe to anyone that finds themselves arguing against THAT Truth.....

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:17 AM, Tigger56 said:

If you don't think following the law is the path to follow. Then what do you do? Do you hate and let it be treated as murder? Do you lust after women? Do you lie as a regular basis? Do you worship other God? Are you a proponent of adultery?  I am betting that you are none of those things, because as a Christian you try to emulate your Savior both in his example and in his teachings. That, my friend, is the law. I stated earlier that if all were honest to themselves, there is only one commandment they want to deny and that is the fourth one, the Sabbath.

Thank you brother for your kind and loving reply, ...I'm not questioning your faith, ...what I'm trying to show you is we all have started our walk with the Lord in/with a "spiritual" transaction, ...so the Holy Spirit is asking us, ...why try and "continue" this transaction with "fleshly" methods?

What the Word teaches is "I" don't "do" anything, ...it's the Holy Spirit living inside of me that "does" it all for me!

We have been given a perfect example of this "spiritual" principle by looking into our bodies, ...may I ask you how you are "keeping" your heart beating, ...how are you "controlling" your breathing, ...let's go a little deeper, ...how are you controlling the laboratory in your body (and where is it) that produces the antidote for the disease or infection that attacks your body, ...even deeper, ...how are you "choosing" which white corpuscles that give themselves to the disease or infection so that they can be carried back to the lab and be analyzed so that the antidote can be produced, ...let's go to the very bottom, ...please explain your expertise in the medical field of being able to diagnosis and find the cure for what is ailing you with your own intelligence and sending the necessary info from your brain to the lab?

Impossible? 

Then please consider this, since He is "doing" all of those things in my body for me 24/7, ...so then, if I can't even "control" my own body, ...what can I possibly "do" to spiritually "control" myself?

Is not the question of "keeping" the Law a subject covered in the teachings for the Church, ...I can't find one verse in the Word, after the Day of Pentecost, that tells us we have to keep the Law, ...instead what I read is the Church is "not" obligated to "keep" the Law.

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. Acts 15:28-29

Can you see that bro? Just three things we are told to do by the Holy Spirit!

Since we read it's the Holy Spirit telling us we don't need to "keep" the Law, ...so who is "telling" you, ...who is usurping the authority of the Holy Spirit and telling you we have to keep the Law?

Is that not the "critical" question you need to answer here?

Lord bless

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

THE  CRITICAL  QUESTION

WHY  DONT  YOU  DO  WHAT  THE  SPIRIT  SAYS 

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have the testimony of JESUS worship GOD --- FOR  THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS  IS  THE  SPIRIT OF PROPHECY ---

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing ---THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE---

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom ---THE  LORD  SHALL  CONSUME  WITH  THE  SPIRIT  OF  HIS  MOUTH---and shall destroy with the brightness of HIS coming 

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit ---WHICH  IS  THE  WORD  OF  GOD---

ROMANS 15:16 that I should be the --MINISTER  OF JESUS  CHRIST--to the gentiles ministering --THE  GOSPEL  OF  GOD-- that the offering up of the gentiles might be acceptable being sanctified by the holy spirit

*******JOHN 17:17  SANCTIFY  THEM  THROUGH  THY  TRUTH  THY  WORD  IS  TRUTH*******

******* JOHN 14:6  JESUS  SAITH  UNTO  HIM  --I  AM  THE  WAY  --  THE  TRUTH  --  AND   THE  LIFE  --  NO  ONE  COMETH  TO  THE  FATHER  BUT  BY  ME*******

ANOTHER CRITICAL QUESTION

ARE  YOU  SAVED  IF  YOUR  NOT  OF  THE  BRETHREN  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  OR  IF  YOUR  NOT  A  CHILD  OF  GOD 

LUKE 8:21  and HE answered and said unto them MY mother and --MY  BRETHREN  ARE  THESE  WHICH  HEAR  --THE  WORD  OF  GOD--AND  DO  IT

1 JOHN 3:10  in this --THE  CHILDREN  OF  GOD--are manifest and the children of the devil --WHOSOEVER  DOETH  NOT  RIGHTEOUSNESS--IS  NOT  OF  GOD-- neither he that loveth not his brother 

JOHN 3:20  for everyone that doeth evil hateth the light neither cometh to the light lest his deeds should be reproved 

---3:21--- BUT  HE  THAT  DOETH  TRUTH  COMETH  TO  THE  LIGHT  THAT  --HIS  DEEDS  MAY  BE  MADE  MANIFEST-- THAT  THEY  ARE  WROUGHT  IN  GOD

AND  THE  THIRD  QUESTION  WAS 

JOHN 21:17  HE saith unto him the third time ---SIMON  SON  OF  JONAS  LOVEST  THOU  ME--- he saith unto him yea LORD thou knowest that I love thee ---HE  SAITH  UNTO  HIM  ---  FEED  MY  SHEEP  ---

JOHN 6:54  whoso eateth MY flesh and drinketh MY blood hath eternal life and I will raise him up the last day --6:55--for MY flesh is meat indeed and MY blood is drink indeed --6:56--he that eateth MY flesh and drinketh MY blood ---DWELLETH  IN  ME  AND  I  IN  HIM---

*******JOHN 15:3  NOW  YOU  ARE  CLEAN  THROUGH  THE  WORD  WHICH  --I  HAVE  SPOKEN  UNTO  YOU******* 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  but of HIM are you in CHRIST  JESUS who of  --GOD-- is made unto us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption

EPHESIANS 5:25  husbands love your wives even as CHRIST also loved the church and gave himself for it --5:26-- that HE might sanctify and cleanse it --- WITH  THE  WASHING  OF  WATER  BY  THE  WORD---

IT  IS  A  CHOICE  DISCIPLESHIP  OR  SCHOLARSHIP / MAN  OR  JESUS  CHRIST

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

18 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Thank you brother for your kind and loving reply, ...I'm not questioning your faith, ...what I'm trying to show you is we all have started our walk with the Lord in/with a "spiritual" transaction, ...so the Holy Spirit is asking us, ...why try and "continue" this transaction with "fleshly" methods?

What the Word teaches is "I" don't "do" anything, ...it's the Holy Spirit living inside of me that "does" it all for me!

We have been given a perfect example of this "spiritual" principle by looking into our bodies, ...may I ask you how you are "keeping" your heart beating, ...how are you "controlling" your breathing, ...let's go a little deeper, ...how are you controlling the laboratory in your body (and where is it) that produces the antidote for the disease or infection that attacks your body, ...even deeper, ...how are you "choosing" which white corpuscles that give themselves to the disease or infection so that they can be carried back to the lab and be analyzed so that the antidote can be produced, ...let's go to the very bottom, ...please explain your expertise in the medical field of being able to diagnosis and find the cure for what is ailing you with your own intelligence and sending the necessary info from your brain to the lab?

Impossible? 

Then please consider this, since He is "doing" all of those things in my body for me 24/7, ...so then, if I can't even "control" my own body, ...what can I possibly "do" to spiritually "control" myself?

Is not the question of "keeping" the Law a subject covered in the teachings for the Church, ...I can't find one verse in the Word, after the Day of Pentecost, that tells us we have to keep the Law, ...instead what I read is the Church is "not" obligated to "keep" the Law.

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. Acts 15:28-29

Since we read it's the Holy Spirit telling us we don't need to "keep" the Law, ...so who is "telling" you, ...who is usurping the authority of the Holy Spirit and telling you we have to keep the Law?

Is that not the "critical" question you need to answer here?

Lord bless

I never thought you were questioning my faith but thanks for saying so.

I feel anyone being led by the Holy Spirit would then naturally keep the law for the law is the holy word of the Lord. As Paul, I bring my body under subjection to run the race, this is done by God's spirit within me. It isn't my fleshly power, whenever I make the mistake of seeking my own strength in a matter, I will typically fail. But with his presence, his spirit, his power, his strength, his love, his faith then I run, I soar, I conquer and yes.... I obey. You do misunderstand, you seem to feel that the law is a burden. The curse of failing, being condemned to death was a great, huge burden that none of us could remove, but our Lord did it in his perfect obedience unto the law and his perfect sacrifice. The law, itself, is not a burden, it is a blessing. How can I ever explain the joy of the Sabbath?  It is impossible unless someone keeps it!  I look forward to it each week!  Not a burden. I yearn for the Holy Days, they are filled with joy and power! Not a burden.   I rejoice in knowing how to show love unto the Lord and do it each day with joy! Each day, I seek to lay my day upon the altar.

The scriptures are plenteous that indicate that the law was kept after Pentecost. Even the observance of Pentecost and the receiving of God's holy spirit on that day confirms the law.

The Lord is telling me to keep the law both in his perfect example and words but also by their holy spirit leading me.  If the holy spirit is telling you not to be obedient, to seek rebellion then perhaps you need to ask yourself some questions as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Dear JustpassingThru,  your post:

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. Acts 15:28-29

I also had to respond to this quote from you:

Think about what you are saying here! 

You truly believe you can commit adultery but not fornication and it is okay?  That all the commandments such as coveting, murder, false witness, breaking the Sabbath are all okay to break, that all I have to do is abstain from meats offered to idols (boy that will be an easy one!) I don't drink blood and I haven't strangled anything in my life.... (once again, soooo easy!)  I will also definitely stay away from fornication (if not, the Lord won't have to deal with me, my wife will!)?

I don't think you truly believe this.

You need to read the words within context. The Sabbath, etc... wasn't under question. The Jews wanted to place the Gentile under the requirement of circumcision and other traditions that they followed. The Jews at the time would place unreasonable burdens upon anyone that tried to follow the way of God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

@Tigger56  Brother, ...I'm, ...I'm......, .....flabbergasted!!!

What I don't understand, ...what completely blows me away, ...is we are both saved, born again children of God, ...filled with the same Holy Spirit, ...being led by Him to our Eternal home, ...and you think I believe and practice living in sin is okay???

Do you actually believe, ...is it possible to think, ...His process of sanctification, ...conforming both of us into the image of Jesus Christ is "different" in me than you???  

Truthfully, ...here's what I don't understand, ...what honestly confuses me, ...you say the Sabbath bring you so much joy, ...what about the other six days, ...do you have "less" joy on them, ...that's what it sounds like you are saying...

Personally, for me, I have abounding joy every day, and as I observe what is transpiring in the World around me, ...just like what is prophesied in His Word, ...my Joy is greater than the day before, ...it's continually growing, ...please consider this, why the difference in joy in the two of us, ...is it because, ...could it be possible, ...it's because your joy is limited to a day, and my joy is unlimited because it based on a Person, ...why do I say that? ...does not the Word tell us in Hebrews 4 the Sabbath Day observance was just a shadow of the Real Sabbath and that is, ...Jesus is our Sabbath day rest, ...and than is not just one day, but every day of the week?

Beloved brother, ...I say this to help, not to criticize, ...since we both will be required to stand before Jesus at His Bema seat to be judged for our works done during our time here on this planet, ...I believe you are sincere in what you believe you should be doing in following Jesus, but you say, "The Word is full of examples," ...but you never cite them, ...brother, you never give me an answer for what you believe with Scriptural proof, ...it's just opinions, ...please remember, ...I say this in brotherly love, ...I want you to have multitudes of rewards at the Bema seat, ...not have any or just a few, ...saved, ...but as by fire.    

Lord bless

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/9/2020 at 5:17 PM, George said:

We do take steps to remove gross errors.  It happens more than you know.  :)

Then why haven't you remove the :

"God used evolution to create Adam".

What are you waiting for?

Or do you enjoy 100 pages of heretics teaching that God didn't create Adam, as He said?

Do you need more time to figure it out?  

31 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

@Tigger56  Brother, ...I'm, ...I'm......, .....flabbergasted!!!

What I don't understand, ...what completely blows me away, ...is we are both saved, born again children of God, ...filled with the same Holy Spirit, ...being led by Him to our Eternal home, ...and you think I believe and practice living in sin is okay???

Do you actually believe, ...is it possible to think, ...His process of sanctification, ...conforming both of us into the image of Jesus Christ is "different" in me than you???  

Truthfully, ...here's what I don't understand, ...what honestly confuses me, ...you say the Sabbath bring you so much joy, ...what about the other six days, ...do you have "less" joy on them, ...that's what it sounds like you are saying...

Personally, for me, I have abounding joy every day, and as I observe what is transpiring in the World around me, ...just like what is prophesied in His Word, ...my Joy is greater than the day before, ...it's continually growing, ...please consider this, why the difference in joy in the two of us, ...is it because, ...could it be possible, ...it's because your joy is limited to a day, and my joy is unlimited because it based on a Person, ...why do I say that? ...does not the Word tell us in Hebrews 4 the Sabbath Day observance was just a shadow of the Real Sabbath and that is, ...Jesus is our Sabbath day rest, ...and than is not just one day, but every day of the week?

Beloved brother, ...I say this to help, not to criticize, ...since we both will be required to stand before Jesus at His Bema seat to be judged for our works done during our time here on this planet, ...I believe you are sincere in what you believe you should be doing in following Jesus, but you say, "The Word is full of examples," ...but you never cite them, ...brother, you never give me an answer for what you believe with Scriptural proof, ...it's just opinions, ...please remember, ...I say this in brotherly love, ...I want you to have multitudes of rewards at the Bema seat, ...not have any or just a few, ...saved, ...but as by fire.    

Lord bless

Actually don't believe you desire to walk in sin. I was simply answering your post. You are the one who stated based on Acts 15:29 that nothing else was required of us.

In regards to all the day, I thank the Lord each day for life and begin each day in praise. However the Sabbath was made holy and is a very special day of the week, every week for me. It is a day made holy by the Lord, He is the one that set it aside and put it at higher importance than the other six. It wasn't me. Only God is make a day holy. The Sabbath is a shadow of the millennium rest but that doesn't make it less, it makes it more for it carries blessings and symbolism.  Don't you think that if God makes something holy that man shouldn't so easily toss it aside with human reasoning?

It is also interesting that you mentioned the judgment seat. If all law is gone, if we can do as we want, nothing required.... then what are we being judged for?