• Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

that is un called for.

Here are the words I responded to....

Sabbath Keeping or think they are  Justified  because they were gifted with The super long memories and the good fortune to Repent Of all their sins before they died , WILL get what they deserve. Hell.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

two wrongs do not make a right. 

I agree, two wrongs do not make right, nor do three, four, etc.....

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

(The Holy Spirit is the HELPER , not the DOER OF ALL ..

Margo, ...please tell me what you "did" in the spiritual transaction between God and you of being born again?

If you can answer that question, "you" will understand what it means, ...the Holy Spirit is your Helper...

Hint: Gen 17

Edited by JustPassingThru

14 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

not sure I get what you are saying now .. if "you" do murder someone or do commit adultery with another person's spouse, what will happen with/to "you" then?

To quote Jesus, "Have you never read in the Word what David did?"

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

It is also interesting that you mentioned the judgment seat. If all law is gone, if we can do as we want, nothing required.... then what are we being judged for?

There is a "distinct" difference between the Bema Seat of Christ for His children and the Great White Throne Judgement for the lost!

If James 2 is correctly "understood" then the Bema Seat will be "correctly" understood too...

• Well Said! 2

23 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

It is a day made holy by the Lord, He is the one that set it aside and put it at higher importance than the other six. It wasn't me. Only God is make a day holy.

Beloved brother,

Again, you do not cite any Scriptural proof for what you propose, …why not?

It is a day made holy by the Lord,

Absolutely correct, I’m in agreement with you, …but made holy for who? The Church in this present dispensation of Grace Eph 3:2

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel:   Eph 3:2, 5-6

Gentiles, …that’s you and me…

Or the Children of Israel, the ten Tribes, …comprised of the descendants of Shem?

And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.  Deut 31:24-26

The Law was written to be a witness against « who ? »

Who does the Holy Spirit says the Law was to be a witness against, …the Children of Israel, …the ten Tribes which are the descendants of Shem, …I’m a Gentile, a descendant of Japheth, …what about you?

What is the “purpose” of the Law? Does not the Holy Spirit say its “purpose” is to be a witness?

In our jurisprudence system is not a witness one who can “testify” of guilt or innocence?

So what was the Law’s “purpose” for the Jew and the Gentiles?

Was it not to be a “witness” to show the righteousness of God “against” both?

Also, did “keeping” the Law save anyone?

Has not the Salvation of the souls of both Jew and Gentiles only by “Faith?”

Was not Abraham made/declared righteous by God because in Faith he “believed” what God said?

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Rom 4 :3

What I don’t understand is how you can say  "believing" what the Holy Spirit has written to the Church is human wisdom…

Please, prove to me with Scripture in it’s correct context, that what you are proposing is “not” human wisdom.

And here’s another stumbling block for you, …for 30 years of Jesus’ life He kept the Sabbath, under the Law, …but then, after He began His Ministry, …He no longer “kept” the Sabbath Luke 6:1, …how do you explain that?

And please permit me one more question, ...what will happen to you if you don't keep the Sabbath?

And what will happen to me since I don't keep the Sabbath (disregarding I consider everyday to be "a" Sabbath).

I know, that's two...  LOL

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

interesting..... Romans 14:10 uses the word "all".

Brother, the word "all" in this context is referring to "all" born again children of God.

When we stand before Christ what will we be "judged" for?

Our faithful service to the Lord:

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  1 Cor 3:10-13

If what we have done in "serving" the Lord we will receive a reward(s).

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 1 Cor 3:14

However, there is a possibility we won't receive any reward, ...it all depends on what we "add" to the foundation:

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 1 Cor 3:15

What will our reward(s) be?

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:   Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.  2 Tim 4:7-8

Our reward(s) will be a crown(s), ...there are 5 different crowns mentioned in the New Testament.

Will there be born again children of God that do not receive crown(s), ...there "service" to the Lord was not done in faith?

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Rev3:11

Notice Jesus warns us we can lose our crown(s) by listening to the false teaching of men

How do we know if our "faithful" service is from the Lord?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Rom 10:17

The Word of God used in this verse by the Holy Spirit is "Rehma," not Logos. 

The Rehma is God speaking directly to us, like God told me to come here, ...but He hasn't told you to come here, ...where as the Logos is God speaking to "all" of humanity.

God speaks to our heart and tells us to take a step of faith, ...to step out of the boat and walk on water, ...whenever God speaks to us personally (Rehma) it will always be something we can't do without His supernatural intervention in our lives enabling us to accomplish it, ...that way it's only God who "receives" the Glory. 

Can you see that brother? Can you see how I'm trying to help you, ...I believe you are different from the "other" Sabbath keepers here, the difference is I believe you truly love our Lord and want to be pleasing in His sight, ...where the others are "tooting" their own horn, "Look" what I'm doing. I ask you, who is "receiving" the glory, ...themselves or, ...God? 

Please understand, I'm trying to show you a "better" way Acts 18:24-26, ...dear brother I want you to receive "all" of your crowns, ...please study it for yourself, this Sabbath Day teaching is only 170 years old first introduced into the church by a Baptist pastor and then picked up by Ellen White after Miller's false prophecy about the Rapture of the Church so miserably failed, ..if you read church history you won't find it in the early church and throughout history until now.

Lord bless

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Beloved brother,

Absolutely correct, I’m in agreement with you, …but made holy for who? The Church in this present dispensation of Grace Eph 3:2

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel:   Eph 3:2, 5-6

Or the Children of Israel, the ten Tribes, …comprised of the descendants of Shem?

And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.  Deut 31:24-26

Who does the Holy Spirit says the Law was to be a witness against, …the Children of Israel, …the ten Tribes which are the descendants of Shem, …I’m a Gentile, a descendant of Japheth, …what about you?

What is the “purpose” of the Law? Does not the Holy Spirit say its “purpose” is to be a witness?

In our jurisprudence system is not a witness one who can “testify” of guilt or innocence?

Was not Abraham made/declared righteous by God because in Faith he “believed” what God said?

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Rom 4 :3

What I don’t understand is how you can say  "believing" what the Holy Spirit has written to the Church is human wisdom…

Please, prove to me with Scripture in it’s correct context, that what you are proposing is “not” human wisdom.

And here’s another stumbling block for you, …for 30 years of Jesus’ life He kept the Sabbath, under the Law, …but then, after He began His Ministry, …He no longer “kept” the Sabbath Luke 6:1, …how do you explain that?

And please permit me one more question, ...what will happen to you if you don't keep the Sabbath?

And what will happen to me since I don't keep the Sabbath (disregarding I consider everyday to be "a" Sabbath).

Lord bless

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Beloved brother,

Lord bless

too long, try to narrow down your questions to one at a time, other wise It seems like I am reading an epistle. So I will respond to the first question. You agree that the Lord made the Sabbath holy. That is a start. Your question was for whom.... Genesis 2:1,2 .... for all of mankind seems to be shown here. It was a pattern taught to Adam and Eve and was suppose to be taught through the generations, unfortunately it wasn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

15 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I know what David did .. I am asking about you, not him or anyone else ..

IF you committed murder, what exactly and specifically will happen to you?

Margo,

Your making murder out to be more grievous than other sins. All sin is the same in God's eyes, and for all sin there is forgiveness at the cross. Your little white lie is just as grievous as murder. 

That being said, a Christian is not inclined towards murder, But it does happen, for example a Christian who is a soldier will murder his enemies, and even for them, there is forgiveness at the cross. For a Christians, the fruit of the spirit of meekness has replaced the inclination of murder for hatred. But God's forgiveness does not mean the person who murders will be immune to the consequences of their actions. Whether that is imprisonment or the death penalty or The guilt of living with knowing you have committed murder (Psychological consequences such as PTSD).  

Read the episode in 1 Corinthians 5, and 2 cor. 7 of the leader in the church who married his Father's wife. Notice verse 1 cor. 5:5. We as Christians are not to tolerate sin but to reprove, and rebuke those who are living in sin. Read also verses 9-13 and understand them....  Then read 2 cor. 7 as this is the response to this incident and will show you what Godly remorse looks like as opposed to Worldly remorse. (verse 10). This goes for all sin not just murder and adultery, even "minor" sins such as white lies and greed. We do not tolerate sin just because there is forgiveness of sin, instead we are moving in the direction of holiness by the working of the Holy Ghost in us. Our work will not lead to holiness, but His work in us by his grace will lead us there. Do you understand now? 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

@Margo1945  In response to your question as to whether I have ever "murdered" someone or committed adultery, ...the answer is yes, ...guilty on both accounts!

As a teenager I was in a group of druggies, some of us were acid freaks and others were speed freaks or heroin junkies, ...when the heroin junkies were coming down after being up for the weekend they turned from their jovial attitude to absolute evil, they OD'ed many in the group and I'm guilty because I "consented" with what they were doing, ...actually, to show how corrupt, twisted and evil the human heart is, ...I actually enjoyed and even laughed at those that were dying as they were pleading for us to take them to the hospital, ...and then it was my turn...

Adultery, yes, we were at a party and a "Christian" man started hitting on my wife, told her he wanted to take her to bed in one of the bedrooms in the house, ...she told me and we left, ...but later, I seduced his wife in retaliation, ...today it is one of my biggest regrets, ...I was the cause of their divorce and spitting up their family. 

And here I am 40-50 years later, I have made my "spiritual" transaction with God, I heard His voice calling me, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isa 1:18, ...been walking with the Lord for 34 years, ...He has turned my life around and placed me in a ministry serving Him.

Jesus defined "murder" as just "thinking" in your mind evil thoughts, ...the Holy Spirit has taught me to not only "say" nothing evil against any one, ...but when I've been wronged and the temptation comes to "think" something evil, ...He intervenes and keeps me from any "thoughts" that are "unpleasing" to Him, ...how about you, have you said any thing evil or had any evil thoughts about someone last week, yesterday, ...how about today, ...do you "know" the power of the Holy Spirit in you life that keeps you "pleasing" in God's eyes?  

Dear Margo, this isn't an attack, ...just an observation, ...since you think a born again child of God can live in sin, ...that causes me to question if you are  "assembling" with the saints on a regular basis.

The reason I question is it's been my observation, ...in one of the True "assemblies" (church) of my Lord Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit is present and working, ...and He won't allow one of His children to continue in sin for very long before their sin is exposed, ...why, ...because a little leaven will permeate the whole body and:

...be sure your sin will find you out. Num 32:33b

Have you never experienced the Holy Spirit working in this manner at the church you attend?

Lord bless

• Well Said! 2