IGNORED

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Per title,  from another viwe:   How can you have false assurance of salvation ?

i.e. like those written in Scripture who believe they are saved , right up to the day they die.

Then on Judgment Day ,  Jesus says "Bye Bye;  be gone from Me;  I never knew you" .....  (with a few more details noted by Yahweh,  in His Word) ...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Did Jesus die for the unrighteous ?

Is an atheist unrighteous (like all other people to start with) ?

Did Jesus die for the atheist ? 

Can the atheist therefore repent and be immersed in Jesus' Name and inherit eternal life (like few people who find the narrow gate/road to life as written) ?

Hi Jeff,

Have you never read my posts? I'm a fundamentalist born again believer. I'm trying to ask the other poster to repent of his poor doctrine. He has some kind of legalistic "keep these commandments but not these".

Thanks.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

Jesus did not come to torment people,  (except the wicked do end up tormented,  they have no peace).

See the worthychristianlibrary dot com (take the spaces out and change dot to .)  thru the url or thru the link upper left on this page under "Worthy Ministries" (hover or click to see the library)

Peaceful true Scripture lessons there,  without the distractions of errors , arguments,  debates, and so on...

Just now, Billiards Ball said:

Hi Jeff,

Have you never read my posts? I'm a fundamentalist born again believer. I'm trying to ask the other poster to repent of his poor doctrine. He has some kind of legalistic "keep these commandments but not these".

Thanks.

I can't well keep up with the flow of posts/ conversations while on moderator review, sorry.   I just reply to (usually) individual posts as Yahweh guides me,   word for word,   by His Revelation.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

28 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

1) No, James talks about keeping or breaking the Law, not "commandments". There are 613 commandments, by the way, within the Law of Moses, and Jesus said He didn't come to abolish the Law.

2) Are you claiming these commandments on Luke 18 are the ones to keep? They are very easy to keep and many atheists and theists keep them.

3) How do you think a person gets to Heaven and misses Hell? Can an atheist keep these commandments and inherit eternal life?

1. No, you are confusing commandments with statutes, decrees, and ordinances. There are only a few commandments.

2. There are two great commandments (Matt 22:34-40). The Lord gives us a few others to help define these two. The Ten Commandments would be an example.

3. If you keep the commandments, you will keep trouble out of your life. This, I believe, is heaven (Matt 4:17). One of the two great commandment is to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, and soul. Atheists don't keep this commandment.

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Nice verses.

But neither has anything to do with the Grace of God as a free gift, or "justification by Faith"...... tho many  Legalists who dont understand the Grace of God, would try to earn their way into heaven according to their misunderstanding of those  2 SYMBOLIC verses you posted.

You dont earn salvation by using a Gate or a garden hose, or a TV dinner.   You dont enter heaven through a gate or by a hole in a wall, or by riding a KITE.   You are ONLY accepted into the family of God based on the Blood of Jesus being applied to your sin, after you gave God your FAITH, that He requires.

Also, this is the 3rd time im going to ask you..    You said in '1973 you had an experience with the "presence" of the Lord.   Those are your words.   You then said that years later, you "repented"... Those are your words.... So, for the 3rd time, i'm asking you if you were saved during one of those experiences, or not.

Thanks in advance for finally answering.

Was I saved? You tell me. Being saved was never taught me. I just know God made his presence known to me in 1973, and I've been trying to walk with him ever since. I try to obey his commandments and be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17).

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Was I saved? You tell me. Being saved was never taught me. I just know God made his presence known to me in 1973, and I've been trying to walk with him ever since. I try to obey his commandments and be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17).

It is not in God's Word , is it,  and it is against forum rules, isn't it,  to tell someone they are saved or not saved ?

Where in Scripture, btw,  is it written, 

that the people of God, OT or NT,  TRIED ?  That they "tried" to walk with Him;  "Tried" to obey Him,  etc ....  when they obeyed Him, they were blessed,   ;  right ?   When they disobeyed Him,  He chastised, corrected , or even scourged them,  right ?  

There was never a question of "try" to obey Him - either obey or not.  (OT and NT;   Galatians,  Ephesians, 1st John,  Revelation -  lots in His Word)

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

It is not in God's Word , is it,  and it is against forum rules, isn't it,  to tell someone they are saved or not saved ?

Where in Scripture, btw,  is it written, 

that the people of God, OT or NT,  TRIED ?  That they "tried" to walk with Him;  "Tried" to obey Him,  etc ....  when they obeyed Him, they were blessed,   ;  right ?   When they disobeyed Him,  He chastised, corrected , or even scourged them,  right ?  

There was never a question of "try" to obey Him - either obey or not.  (OT and NT;   Galatians,  Ephesians, 1st John,  Revelation -  lots in His Word)

I trust God.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Being saved is just the fact that you know and BELIEVE that Jesus is real, that He died for all your sin, and you WANT THAT, and at some point you asked for it, from your heart.

If you did this, if you have understood the Gospel...... that Jesus died on the Cross for YOU, was raised from the dead for YOU, and is alive right now, and that God uses this Sacrifice of His Son's Blood and LIFE,  to pay for our sin and GIVE US Eternal Life as a GIFT.......If you believe that and have taken Jesus into your HEART, then God took you into His heart and family..

That is Salvation.

God's part is to provide Salvation as "the Gift of Righteousness'...., and He did.  Our part is to "call on the name of Jesus, and you will be saved"...... Our part is to receive this truth,  THE GOSPEL,  receiving Christ in our heart,  as our personal Savior.

Salvation, or, what Jesus died on the Cross to give you (Redemption and Righteousness)....is FREE.      God does not require you to do anything to try to pay for your own sin, as what could you offer?   You have nothing to offer for your sin...   So, God provided Jesus for them ALL, and once you have Him in your heart, God has YOU in His Family....FOREVER.

= That is "SAVED"

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

I can't well keep up with the flow of posts/ conversations while on moderator review, sorry.   I just reply to (usually) individual posts as Yahweh guides me,   word for word,   by His Revelation.

But does our Law judge a man before it hears what He has to say? :)