IGNORED

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.  I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t  really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago. 
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and  begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.  
is there any advice out there?
This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Wnj086

I used to feel this way from time to time as well, until I got baptised by the Holy Spirit.

I would say seek this above all things.  Do whatever it takes.  Pray with passion and persistence, fast if necessary and seek prayer from others.  Seek this baptism with effort, tears and your full heart and it will happen for you. 

Once it does happen, you won't have these doubts creeping in anymore as you will feel different inside.  Like there's a fountain bubbling up deep within you of life, peace and joy.  You might still face trials and get down about things, but that deep joy and reassurance will not leave you - as long as you stay following His ways - which the Spirit will also help you to do.

Seek this above all things.  And have faith that He WILL give the Spirit to you if you do this.  So don't give up and have faith as you seek this baptism.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died and rose for you?

You have confessed that you have asked Him to save you---I do not believe that the Lord makes it difficult. He put off divinity and suffered and died for you. Why would He make it difficult. These are the words of the Lord. Speak them back to Him and trust Him. Don't rely on your feelings. Ignore those feelings and proclaim the 'Truth'.

He loves you more than you can know.

Acts 2:21  ‘AND IT SHALL BE THAT aEVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’

Heb. 4:16 Therefore let us adraw near with bconfidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

• This is Worthy 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 2/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Hey, I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.  I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t  really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago. 
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and  begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.  

If we obey the two great commandments (Matt 22:34-40), that we love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves, why would the gate to heaven be closed to us?

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I don't know the date that I was saved either.  It has been 60 years.  I developed a hunger to read the Bible and to know Him better.  I hungered to draw close to Him.  I wanted to follow Jesus and to learn of Him.  However, it took 10 years of searching, back sliding, and seeking God afresh to finally fall at God's feet in total surrender. I was totally broke, knowing that I couldn't ever be good enough for God that no good thing dwells in me of self and I needed Him to rescue me.   Was I really saved back in 1958?  Maybe not, but God certainly had called me.  In 1970 He started speaking to me again, guiding me and drawing me to give money to the poor and to support the churches.  He began showing me my lack of love, that I could not love as He does, laying down my life.  He told me He was changing me from a vessel of dishonor and changing me into a vessel of honor.  He did this by allowing a lot of poop to be dumped on me and learning when it was men, or the enemy, or by God using these things to accomplish His will.  He taught me to respond with love to those who used me and despised me, and to walk as Jesus walked.   He still calls me into continuous relationship with Him, keeping me close to Him.  How do I know that I am a Christian?  I have been treated the way people treated Jesus, and responded as He did.  And He taught me to pity them as Jesus does, with grace.  Do I do this consistently?  No.  Amazing grace! But I know that His love is growing in me and that only His life in me could do these thing.  It is not I but Christ Who lives in me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi Wnj, 

I do not know a date either, I know an experience very personal to me. I know the change in my own life that has continued to lead me  on to sanctification for some 40 yers now.

I have posted a video  for you under Videos Bible Topics. Please invest seven minutes of your time listening, and then prayerfully ask  of God  am I saved, please lead me to awareness of your will for me LORD. May God give you peace in this matter. May no one guilt you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If we obey the two great commandments (Matt 22:34-40), that we love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves, why would the gate to heaven be closed to us?

You nor anybody else can obey the Two Great Commandments......We need Grace. And plenty Of It ! Find all the Grace That you need to be Saved by simply Believing what Jesus told Paul was the Way. Rest  in the Gospel Of Grace found in 1Cor15:1-4......

If you Trust the Gospel Of Grace enough to REST in it you have been Baptized into The Body Of Christ.....Water baptism is something all Believers should undergo as an Act Of Obedience, But it is not what Saves a person.....The Baptism That ALL Saved people undergo is being Baptized into the Body.....You don’t obtain that  by Commandment - Keeping . “ The Righteous shall live by Faith”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

On 2/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Brother I pray He will somehow help you discern that I am not just throwing a Christianese, oversimplified thing at you.  I promise I am not, because this IS simple, even if difficult to perceive as an experienced reality.

The Word is truth.  He IS both Word and TRUTH.  The good news of salvation is so simple a five year old can comprehend it.  In fact it may be easier for a five year old to apprehend than it is for us adults who have gotten past that age where we simply believe. 

And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the LORD has said,
Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.'

Rom 10:13

For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

There is a place we can come to, where we just believe, that if we have called on His name for salvation, then we KNOW we are saved.  Not based on any feeling, but based entirely on His faithfulness to His own Word.  Once the fear and uncertainty give way to just believing, and that loud voice of fear is calmed, we can begin to hear that "still small voice" the Spirit uses to speak to us in our hearts, witnessing with our reborn spirit that we are indeed saved, sons of the living God, translated out of the kingdom of darkness, into the Kingdom of His dear Son. 

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

When we finally "hear", and just believe, His manifest presence banishes all fear and we truly can KNOW we are born again.

Edited by Jostler
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Often people who are unsure of their salvation have placed their confidence in their salvation upon their feelings of being worthy of salvation.. So when they have a period when they are doing good deeds and feeling very happy about their works performance they feel confident of their own salvation, but the same person when they are having a bad period when they have sinned a bit or failed to be caring loving and sharing towards their neighbours,, well they then start to fear their salvation status..

Of course the solution is to transfer ones basis for confidence for their salvation from themselves to the LORD Jesus Christ.. Once one places their confidence in the Works of Jesus, the dependability of Jesus and the perfection of Jesus, then they can be at peace in their hearts and can be supremely confident in their salvation because they believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation on the cross..

to use an analogy.. Think of believers as ships near the coast in a storm.. Some of the ships place their anchor in the own holds and are tossed about in the waves and crash into the rocks on the shore and are dashed.. Other Ships place their anchors on the bedrock of the sea floor and a held firm and the waves don't move them.. They are secure..

Don't put your anchor within yourself.. Put it in the ROCK

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You nor anybody else can obey the Two Great Commandments......We need Grace. And plenty Of It ! Find all the Grace That you need to be Saved by simply Believing what Jesus told Paul was the Way. Rest  in the Gospel Of Grace found in 1Cor15:1-4......

If you Trust the Gospel Of Grace enough to REST in it you have been Baptized into The Body Of Christ.....Water baptism is something all Believers should undergo as an Act Of Obedience, But it is not what Saves a person.....The Baptism That ALL Saved people undergo is being Baptized into the Body.....You don’t obtain that  by Commandment - Keeping . “ The Righteous shall live by Faith”

The Lord commanded us to obey those two commandments. You refuse to do so?