• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

20191224_224237.jpg

Where are you getting this tripe? The use of straitjackets practically disappeared from modern psychiatry when lobotomies also went out of fashion. It's sensationalism, so what exactly is the point of all this? 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Why is it always a bad woman in your posts?

You are right he sure does not put women in a very positive light. The cartoons are tacky. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Where are you getting this tripe? The use of straitjackets practically disappeared from modern psychiatry when lobotomies also went out of fashion. It's sensationalism, so what exactly is the point of all this? 

Strait jackets... no. Padded rooms... yes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I love how  people  on this board take things off track 99% of the time and criminally  miss the point.  All i was trying to show was that sometimes  we feel bad when we don't get things  becuase sometimes we are actually being saved from something  be in getting  allegations of always showing women badly and using outdated references to mental asylums. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You are right he sure does not put women in a very positive light. The cartoons are tacky. 

The entire Christian Church does this, in my experience. You don’t realize it until you actually sit and have private conversations with the leaders, although one popular pastor in Chicago(a prosperity preacher Gregory Dickow) did openly say there is nothing worse than an immoral woman.

Anyway, I have had many, many conversations with male leaders in the church who believe women are evil and calculating seductresses that can only be tamed if they are willing to listen to everything their Christian husband tells them. And if they make a mistake, they are branded for life. Meanwhile, men are just weak and stupid and if they “fall into temptation” they can confess it and then give a testimony to rousing applause. Forget about all the men who are in jail for violent crimes against women and children, they are not evil just mentally ill.Only women are evil.

I just had a little back and forth on another thread in which the poster called Hillary Clinton, who by all accounts has been faithful to her husband, evil. On the other hand, Bill Clinton, who has cheated, abused  and lied, was called a “puppet” just doing what he was told to do.

So, I’m glad this poster is posting these cartoons because it’s a true representation of how a lot of Christian men see women.Hopefully  women will wake up and be supportive of one another and stop letting men pit us against one another.

Thanks  for letting  me vent.

Edited by ReneeIW

Just now, ReneeIW said:

The entire Christian Church does this, in my experience. You don’t realize it until you actually sit and have private conversations with the leaders, although one popular pastor in Chicago(a prosperity preacher Gregory Dickow) did openly say there is nothing worse than an immoral woman.

Anyway, I have had many, many conversations with male leaders in the church who believe women are evil and calculating seductresses that can only be tamed if they are willing to listen to everything their Christian husband tells them. And if they make a mistake, they are branded for life. Meanwhile, men are just weak and stupid and if they “fall into temptation” they can confess it and then give a testimony to rousing applause. Forget about all the men who are in jail for violent crimes against women and children, they are not even just mentally ill.Only women are evil.

I just had a little back and forth on another thread in which the poster called Hillary Clinton, who by all accounts has been faithful to her husband, evil. On the other hand, Bill Clinton, who has cheated, abused  and lied, was called a “puppet” just doing what he was told to do.

So, I’m glad this poster is posting these cartoons because it’s a true representation of how a lot of Christian men see women.Hopefully  women will wake up and be supportive of one another and stop letting men pit us against one another.

Thanks  for letting  me vent.

Perhaps creative is passively trying to tell us something. Then he should just tell us what his concerns are about men and women and relationships. There are healthy relationships out there and there are relationships that are not healthy. Maybe someone should post a thread on what is a healthy relationship. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me a couple of people went off the deep end and both still managed to bump their heads.

Imagine if they were both singles and they coupled up.- A TV sitcom natural. Rose Ann meets Charlie Sheen of Two and Half men. ON second though no, bad idea.

With that thought, I'm outa here on this one, got to wash that imagine right out my hair.

Well not quite: Man is to cherish the woman God has given him to, and woman is to cherish the gift from God her life mate. Each need praise God for the privilege of having a mate. Those that sucker punch each member of a happy union under the Lordship of Christ Jesus to justify their own unhappiness need  get a new hobby.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Of course:24:

• Followers:  43

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Indeed. Tasteless as a matter of fact. 

• Followers:  43

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I love how  people  on this board take things off track 99% of the time and criminally  miss the point.  All i was trying to show was that sometimes  we feel bad when we don't get things  becuase sometimes we are actually being saved from something  be in getting  allegations of always showing women badly and using outdated references to mental asylums. 

First of all, psychiatric facilities have not been referred to as asylums since the early twentieth century. My mother was in one for her severe postpartum depression during the 1950's, and my father for chronic alcoholism in the 1960's. They were not called asylums then, nor are they now. They simply do not exist. Asylum is a garish term, and these cartoons you're accessing are equally gauche.

Perhaps that's why I took it so personally. It's insulting to those who have met with mental and/or emotional issues.  Whatever point you were attempting to make could and should have been done so with some tact and diplomacy. It's severely lacking both. Thanks for the allowance to correct this.