• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 3/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, Gideon said:

I am sure I am sharing more than you bargained for, but I could not live with myself if I did not share what God shared with me. It has been thirteen years ago since that amazing night,  and in that time, sin's power was broken... crushed... my hard legalistic exterior has softened to the point I can hardly recognize myself, and spiritual fruits.... love, joy, peace, etc., have actually begun to grow in me! Amazing God!

So what was it He shared? What had I missed in my understanding of Romans 6?

Romans 6... Here Paul begins telling us that there are two critical truths we were to KNOW as truth.

1) When Christ died, so DID we.

2) When Christ rose from the dead, so DID we.

Ok....so what? Most of us believe that, right? Where have we missed anything?  When I look back on my own personal search for the truth that sets free indeed, where we are brought to a place we are not just  forgiven but also no longer commit sins,  I have to laugh.

I was like an old miner panning for gold.  Everyday, I would go down to the creek to see if I could find a little nugget, and every day, I would have to crawl over the boulders that prevented my access. What do you think my response was when I finally had my eyes opened to the truth that the boulders were actually pure gold? ?

Ok, ready for the eye opener? Immediately after acknowledging these two truths listed above, Paul then tells us we must DO something! Whoa.  And it was something I had read over and over... had memorized..... but never understood until God opened my understanding so I could DO it... the missing piece to our puzzle.

And what was it He told us to do through Paul? He told us that therefore, based upon the sureness of the above truths, to reckon our old man to be dead. Not dying, slowly, over four decades, but dead. DEAD. 

Oh, I pray those who read this get it. We are asked to appropriate His death as ours. We are told to appropriate His new life as ours. This reckoning is our depositing these truths into our spiritual bank account. How? By faith! 

Do we not see? We have believed the truths with our heads as nice wonderful truths, but there they profit us nothing, not until we, by faith, PUT OFF our old nature, consider it out of the equation, and PUT ON our new natures, believing we really are new inside. 

Why do you think we are told we must be born again? Golden boulders. LOL.

Are we instantaneously perfect, brimming with spiritual fruits? Ha, I wish! BUT, when we finally come into agreement with God,  that we... the old carnal us.... is dead, and that our life is hid with Christ in God, our sanctification process begins!  

We do not get sanctified by slowly dying to our carnality and slowly growing into saints. NO. Here it is in scripture forcyou who are confused. In Revelation, in the last days, the saints will turn into overcomers by combining a) the blood of the Lamb (check) with ....are you ready?..... b) the word of OUR testimony! Glory! 

Guys, this is the shield of faith God has given us. These are the robes of righteousness we are told to put on.  We may possess shields. But shields not wielded do not to stop the incessant blows of the enemy, as our lives fully display.  We may have nice new robes of righteousness, but until we put them on, casting off our fleshly nature as a dirty cloth, we cannot walk pleasing to God no matter how hard we try. 

We as His people are about to be awakened to this truth. The tares will mock at the simplicity of this amazing truth. But I am witness to the fact what God shared with me works. Have I arrived? Ha! But I would also be negligent if I did not testify that what God has done these past years since my miraculous visitation is beyond my wildest hopes and dreams. 

Putting on our new nature by faith is the beginning. KEEPING it on is imperative. Satan will come and try to pry those words out of our mouths, getting us to accept that we are.... sigh... just sinners saved by grace... but that is not who we are, nor who we have been since the day we were saved. We ARE new creatures, but up til now, satan has blinded us to the truth and unbelief has gripped our hearts.

That time is over. Ready for an adventure that your mind could not even have dreamed up? Abiding IN Christ 24/7? Impossible? Not according to our God. Who we believe in the end will determine everything. Let us cast off our unbelief that has limited the Holy One working in us from the inside out. I promise any and all who read these words, no matter how weak you may be, no matter how addicted you are to your  besetting sins, God will roll up His  sleeves and prove His strength to you, IN YOU,  if you will but finally agree with Him. 

The old you is dead. The new you, still wrapped in grave clothes like Lazarus, is ready to be revealed like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon. Believe it and prepare to be amazed. 

blessings,

Gideon

Amen, Brother! Praise the Lord.

That word 'reckon' is an amazing one.

It's a lot like having money in a checking account. An accounting is made and you 'reckon' it to be so. That is actually what the word means. To calculate that a thing is so.

God declares that we died 'In Christ' on the cross and were raised in New Life...who are we to argue?

:-)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

Hi Everyone,

Usually when I come into the forum I'm disappointed with all the bickering.

But I found your stories (the last few posts) to be quite refreshing.

Praise God that we have a place to gather together!

In his name,

YHVH