• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Alive said:

After its own kind relates to a static condition.

How do you know this? Whatever is leading you to this conclusion, it is not the Bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

How do you know this? Whatever is leading you to this conclusion, it is not the Bible.

It certainly does—after its ‘kind’—but I won’t debate you as I have been reading your posts since around September or so and I know where you are coming from and I think the science that you rely on is a delusion. I have studied enough molecular and cellular biology to inform me enough to appreciate the fixed complexities involved, so let’s not have that go around. I merely responded as I did for some that may be reading and who are some familiar with the verses having to do with ‘kind’ in scripture and tying this to the New Creation.

Edited by Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Alive said:

It certainly does—after its ‘kind’

If it does, then it should be a reasonable request to ask that you provide evidence from the Bible.

49 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have studied enough molecular and cellular biology to inform me enough to appreciate the fixed complexities involved, so let’s not have that go around.

Oh, I certainly know it is complex, I've been teaching the subject to college students for over 20 years, but "complex" isn't enough to claim evolution is false. I'd be quite happy to discuss the details of the science with you, but I'll leave that decision to you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I already did, but you don’t believe it. And I have already answered the other regarding a discussion. Please reread my post.

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I already did, but you don’t believe it.

Romans 5? I'm trying to remember who made what Biblical reference.

2 hours ago, Alive said:

And I have already answered the other regarding a discussion. Please reread my post.

I'm just making sure that your final argument is "biology is complicated, so evolution could not have happened." If you want to rest your case on that, that's fine with me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I already did, but you don’t believe it. 

It is a demonic delusion and can put a person in such bondage to it that it may take deliverance to break the demonic bondage to enable the person to see the truth of God's Word.   I have come to this opinion through the many debates I have had with evolutionists, and have never really been able to break through the solid wall of their delusion;  and this makes me think that it is more than just intellectual, but spiritual.

God will deliberately send the delusion upon atheists so that they will be blocked from receiving the truth, because He has decided that they are so far gone that all they can expect is to come up for judgment and be found guilty and to bear the consequences of their guilt under the justice of God.

But there are Christian believers whom Satan has caused to believe a lying evolution spirit and has brought them into bondage to it in order to block their effectiveness for preaching the gospel, and to teach theistic evolution to cause godly listeners to go similarly astray.  This is the problem with a lying spirit.  It is like the Covid-19 virus.  It can spread through the mouth by false teaching, infecting others with the lie.

It is the same with getting a false personal prophecy from a self-appointed prophet.  The false prophecy can come with a divination spirit virus attached to it (like a virus infected email), and even if the person accepts it an puts it on the back burner to wait on God to see if it true, without renouncing it right away, the divination spirit can attack the person, as it did with one pastor who received such a prophecy and had chronic back pain, which two surgeries couldn't fix, until he renounced the prophecy, at which the back pain immediately disappeared.

This is also why when those who stand on God's literal written word on these forums, they are accused, abused, and flamed in the most nasty ways at times.  It is through those responses that convinces me that evolution is a demonic lie, which the demon will not only defend, but will nastily attack anyone who speaks the truth.

Edited by Paul James

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

17 hours ago, one.opinion said:

God is not hesitant to require death. If you review his instructions to the Israelites as they begin to enter the Promised Land, that is quite clear

God calls us to rightly divide the Scriptures... which means context of writing; God's dealing with man at that time and point... The judgment of death upon all living had fallen in the Garden so requiring death for the dead is of no consequence as the instruction is lessoned in the necessity of separation from those following God's law and those who did not even recognize God! Light can have no part with darkness... 

God never exhibits any difficulty with animal death, either. Psalm 104:21 - The young lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.

This also a part of the curse

Rom 8:20-25

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
KJV

We can agree that God's nature did not change due to the Fall. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No we did and that is why death is in the world from the fall not before... it is upon you to provide that death was before the eating of the fruit from God's Word... from science you assume but from no where within Scripture is it supported! 

52 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

God calls us to rightly divide the Scriptures... which means context of writing

Absolutely! That's why I believe context is very important to passages such as Romans 5. When taken out of context, they seem to show that Adam's sin did indeed bring physical death as a consequence. But when we look at the larger context, it appears clear that the passage speaks of spiritual death.

This also a part of the curse

That is clearly an extension of what the passage actually says. The Bible never states anywhere that carnivory is due to the Fall. It is possible, but the Bible clearly does not teach this.

No we did and that is why death is in the world from the fall not before

We did, indeed, but it is more consistent with the full context of passages like Romans 5 to accept that the entry of death was a spiritual one, and not a physical one.

it is upon you to provide that death was before the eating of the fruit from God's Word... from science you assume but from no where within Scripture is it supported!

True, Scripture does not support the conclusion that death occurred before the Fall (neither does the Bible discuss biochemistry). However, I do not believe it states that death did NOT occur before the Fall, either. There simply isn't sufficient Biblical support to for a conclusion that completely contradicts natural events. Consider an ecosystem in which nothing ever died. The whole planet would have been covered by mats of microorganisms thousands of years ago. God's curse upon mankind included more toil in food gathering and more difficult childbirth. It would seem like an obvious thing to include that things were going to start dying due to Adam's sin, but there is no mention of this.

Edited by one.opinion
  • Thumbs Up 1