Amigo42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Scripture says the requirement is that animals that were for eating, must have both... split hooves and chew the cud. Pigs have cloven aka split hoofs, but do not chew the cud. Camels chew the cud, but do not have split hooves. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I know that most people will say we're no longer under the law but under grace

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Paul need to explain the gentile church in Colosse, that they are totally free from the old Hebrew customs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

These things were merely a shadow of the heavenly. I will pursue something higher than the Torah.

Shadow of things to come like the fall feast represent His Return!

Passover His Sacrifice, feast of unleavend bread His Body without sin, And these are shadows/rehersals/Prophecys are for His people. 

man! What are you saing? Your Gonna pursue something Higher Than the Word Of God!, The Messiah Himself, The Word come to flesh, a Living and walking breathing Torah!

Torah was wrote By Elohims right hand, Y'shua sits at His right hand. 

The only difference is your knowledge of sin has been expanded today. 

Do Not pick Traditions over truths brothers, lest you may fall after the Pharisees.

Its awesome to learn His ways brother!

James 4:17 "He that knows the good and does it not, to him is sin" 

Edited by Yishai

31 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Jesus said, "you have heard...but I say." He expects more than the tithing of the spices. The law will bring you to strain out gnats and swallow camels. Unless our righteousness is greater than the Law, it will not honor Him.

"Unless our righteousness is greater than the Law"(most everyone here can say good luck with that statement) no1 can be counted righteous by The law, its that rightoues, hence grace.

nothing has changed except your true knowledge of sin. And that will begin to change people lives I believe, for the better, to draw closer to Him!

Pray about it and study it, and Be open to His Truths.

James 4:17 "He that knows the good and does it not, to him is sin" 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

nothing ambiguous about it, its pretty clear-theres no such thing as "clean or unclean" anymore, we are free to eat what we want. Its no longer a sin. if it bothers you not to, then don't, but on the same note, don't judge others that do.

• Well Said! 2

3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 
5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. 
7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. 
8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day. 
9 And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: 
10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law(1st john 3:4), and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 

5 hours ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

nothing ambiguous about it, its pretty clear-theres no such thing as "clean or unclean" anymore, we are free to eat what we want. Its no longer a sin. if it bothers you not to, then don't, but on the same note, don't judge others that do.

In Matthew I believe it is,

ppl often try to use the Messiahs words for saying nothing that goes inside you defiles you but what comes out of a man...and they take that out of context for doctrine, to apply it to "We can eat what God made as a Garbage disposal now!"

but in reality thats not even what was being said at all, the whole subject was on ritual Hand washing before they ate bread! 

The New testament says its sin, I just agree. 1st John 3:4.

8 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

The Law was a tutor. Tutors are temporary. Unless your righteousness is greater than the Law, it will not glorify God. The Law cannot be followed any ;longer because it involved a temple made with human hands, a temple that is gone. You can no longer practice it as was possible, but never actually achieved in the kingdom of Israel. You are welcome to try, but you fall far short of your own standard. I am no more dependent upon grace than you are, and I am completely dependent upon grace. Your "truth" by your own testimony, was not received by scholarship or by wise counsel, but by your own mind.

1. Have you ever lusted after another person in your heart, in your life? Then you will never be more righteous than the Law..Idk where your getting that phrase. It says if you are not more righteous than the Pharisees(thats the people who choose mans tradition over Gods truth and commands)

2.Messiah is the High preist and The Lamb, and those laws have NEVER been for the common people.except we bring our offering to High preist, our offering under grace, is repentance.

3.Scholarship is earthly wisdom,"This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish"

4. The Holy spirit taught me these truths, ask and you shall recieve, knock and it shall be opened. 

and if it was false you all could easily disprove the knowledge of sin, But no man can. 

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

Well, let's fire up that grill with those Octopus brains and sluglets!  No clean or unclean anymore.  

Actually, I think I'll stick to the common sense practical teaching of Biblical dietary guidelines because God knows what's best, and scavengers carry diseases.  It just doesn't make sense to eat creatures of sin when there are creatures of cleanliness freely available.  It's not just about legalism.  It just makes sense to not eat refuse foods.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

16 hours ago, maryjayne said:

One reply appears to indicate that God leads them to know which laws to keep.

In which case, as God hasn't indicated to me that I have any specific old testament laws to follow, and simply lays the two commandments of Jesus Christ on my heart, I will continue to be obedient to the stirring of the holy spirit in this matter personally.

I feel confident that, if things change, God will let me know.

I intend to continue to respect the individual callings from God to each of His children.

Who am I to argue against the personal spiritual development of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and impose my walk on them? 

Salvation is the important stage for us all. Our walk with God, from that point on, is individual as the Holy Spirit teaches us on our path with Him.

Very reasoned and thought out response.  Kudos!