• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you”

2 of each unclean animal, if Noah would have even eaten one of those they would be extinct today, just as every green herb before the flood was given them to eat, that dont mean poisonous plants that can kill a person, they knew which ones they could eat and not eat, and the ancients before Torah even knew which were clean and unclean, which is why Noah knew which ones to take 7 of and 2 of.

Moses seems to simply recorded what had always been known about clean and unclean, and Gods set apart people arnt to be like the rest of the world and eat animals He designed as unclean.

Its pretty obvious Vultures and poop eaters are unclean animals, thats the design of earth,.. all animals listed as unclean are scientifically unclean to this day.(and many just not for the purpose of food at all, like a camel or horse)  Just until.like the 1960s, lobster was known as the cockroach of the sea..which is accurate, pigs cant even sweat, theyre body holds all toxins in, ive seen white looking tape worms(in person) grow out of the white spots on pepperoni..  

It didnt bother me a bit to Follow The Creators instructions and give up, unclean meats as He commanded us to do.(china buffet is a definite temptation tho hahaha)

Vs. In matthew is about un washed hands and eating bread. Not unclean animals,.. known to any Jew to not be even called food.

Vs. About Paul saying let no man judge you, is written to a predominantly pagan and Gnostic culture, and they would have been judging the new converts bc of them now keeping, shabbats, new moons, and following the diet, bc The NT was not even written yet, they would have been just using Tanakh(Old testament) and following Gods instructions(Torah) and having faith in His Sons resurrection. 

And of course dont forget the NT definition of sin is breaking of Torah, 1john 3:4 and said by Paul as well. Lawlessness also means transgression of Torah. So yes, For His people(ppl saved thru Messiah), eating unclean animals is a sin. Defined by the NT.

Edited by Yishai

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 3/3/2020 at 6:33 AM, Yishai said:

Yea, Messiah said Himself not even the least command will pass from Torah, and no body ever lifted the dietary Laws(nor has the power to), we are not supposed to eat unclean meats, The word Food to a Jew means what God made Food, The garbage disposals of the earth. Like swine,catfish, shell fish, vultures etc. Are NOT food. 

All well and good, but the dietary laws were given to Jews. In the time of Adam and later the time of Noah, God had not yet invented Jews. Since I am not a Jew (a physical descendant of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob), it tend to follow the guidelines God set for His non peculiar people. (Deut 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments)

1And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. 2The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. 3Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 4But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

So as a Goy (Gentile) I follow God's instruction that I can eat pigs and shrimp, but I also know that I am to take care of His temple, my body. Therefore I watch the quantities of what I eat, and try to eat with sensible nutrition, knowing and trusting God that it is o.k. with Him. I have freedom from a law that was never intended to be applied to me, and that he gave us all things to enjoy (1 Tim 6:17), so long as we receive them with thanksgiving, and are not abusing our freedom.

Those who believe otherwise, should follow their conscious. If they think something is unclean, then for them is it. I do not think things are unclean, so my conscious is clear. Thank you Lord!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

23 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

All well and good, but the dietary laws were given to Jews. In the time of Adam and later the time of Noah, God had not yet invented Jews. Since I am not a Jew (a physical descendant of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob), it tend to follow the guidelines God set for His non peculiar people. (Deut 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments)

1And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. 2The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. 3Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 4But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

So as a Goy (Gentile) I follow God's instruction that I can eat pigs and shrimp, but I also know that I am to take care of His temple, my body. Therefore I watch the quantities of what I eat, and try to eat with sensible nutrition, knowing and trusting God that it is o.k. with Him. I have freedom from a law that was never intended to be applied to me, and that he gave us all things to enjoy (1 Tim 6:17), so long as we receive them with thanksgiving, and are not abusing our freedom.

Those who believe otherwise, should follow their conscious. If they think something is unclean, then for them is it. I do not think things are unclean, so my conscious is clear. Thank you Lord!

I just addressed this about Noah in the comment above yours, and yes anyone saved thru the Messiah is of the seed of Abraham. Aka no longer a Gentile. 

Edited by Yishai

34 minutes ago, Yishai said:

I just addressed this about Noah in the comment above yours, and yes anyone saved thru the Messiah is of the seed of Abraham. Aka no longer a Gentile. 

and in Christ, there is neither Jew, nor Gentile, so I guess a saved Messianic Jew is also free to eat like a goy!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

and in Christ, there is neither Jew, nor Gentile, so I guess a saved Messianic Jew is also free to eat like a goy!

Not at all, thats a sin defined by the NT. And we are all to repent from sin. Which is transgression of Torah. 1john3:4 and romans 3.20.. anytime you read "Sin" throughout the whole Bible it can be accurately replaced with "breaking of Torah"

All of our titles, becomes the seed of Abraham bc Messiah in us, and They become grafted in a citizens of Israel, so no seperation of Jew and Gentile anymore.. but definition of Sin will always remain the same, until heaven and earth pass away.

Leviticus 4:27 "And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance(1john3:4), while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments (Matt 5:17-19)of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty; Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering,(repentance is our offering, under grace)a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.

Edited by Yishai

43 minutes ago, Yishai said:

I just addressed this about Noah in the comment above yours

Good observation, yet prior to the time of Noah, vegetation was the food of choice, so clean and unclean would not appear to be a reference to diet. Then God said EVERY moving thing is food for you. Guess what, vultures and snakes are moving things, just don't eat bloody meat. Those bottom crawlers, are crustaceans, not curstatcions. No amount of cherry picking verses undoes what God has said.

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Good observation, yet prior to that time of Noah, vegetation was the food of choice, so clean and unclean would not appear to be a reference to diet. Then God said EVERY moving thing is food for you. Guess what, vultures and snakes are movinf things, just don't eat bloody meat. Those bottom crawlers, are crustaceans, not curstatcions. No amount of cherry picking verses undoes what God has said.

He said "AS" He had given every green plant, they knew not to eat poisonous plants as well. He had obviously showed them every plant to eat and not eat.(tons are not edible) Just as they knew clean from unclean prior to Torah.

Edited by Yishai

2 minutes ago, Yishai said:

ll of our titles, becomes the seed of Abraham bc Messiah in us, and They become grafted in a citizens of Israel, so no seperation of Jew and Gentile anymore.. but definition of Sin will always remain the same, until heaven and earth pass away.

All things are lawful, to those who are freed from the law of sin and death. Those who want to cling to the law, have to obey the whole law, and if he fails in one point is guilty of all. I doubt any of this is new to you, you just chose to be selective about which part of the Bible you believe, and appear toe reject the new, better covenant. Please, don't choose to be condemned by the law, choose freedom in Christ, that is want He died for.

Now, believers are free to obey, not compelled to be obedient to the law that no one has ever lived up to, except for Jesus of Nazareth. Praise to the Father sho sent his Son to exchange His righteousness for our sins.

6 minutes ago, Yishai said:

He said "AS" He had given every green plant, they knew not to eat poisonous plants as well. He had obviously showed them every plant to eat and not eat.(tons are not edible) Just as they knew clean from unclean prior to Torah.

Whether God showed them to distinguish poisonous plants from nonpoisonous plants, is pure speculation, unless you know of some verse that says otherwise. Pretty sure, that in the beginning, all green plants were food, and nothing was unclean. Never-the-less, eating of animals was not prescribed. In Genesis 9, it IS prescribed, and I am following God's prescription, not yours, nothing wrong with that.

Yishai, I am through with this, it is just going in circles. If you do not want to take what God has given, either in food or in word, that is your choice, but the pros and cons go with the choices. Take care! I do encourage you though, that as long as you (or anyone) believe that there are unclean foods, then by all means don't defile yourself, and do not believe the Bible when it says it is not what goes into a person that defiles them.

For those who are convicted that the Bible means what is says, all of the Bible, not just selected verses to hang on to obsoleted law (not given to gentiles anyway) which was nailed to the cross, live out your freedom God gave you through Christ's victory on the cross. However, do it with caution, freedom from the law is not a licensee to sin. It is a privilege to enjoy, but also a responsibility to love and obey God, learn how to do that by immersing yourself in the word.