IGNORED

President to cut Social Security/Medicare??

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,362
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Has anyone else heard this?   Tonight ABC news said if re-elected, President Trump plans to cut Social Security and Medicare.   Many seniors rely on these so much.   I hope this isn't true.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

40 minutes ago, Debp said:

Has anyone else heard this?   Tonight ABC news said if re-elected, President Trump plans to cut Social Security and Medicare.   Many seniors rely on these so much.   I hope this isn't true.

In other words, Trump understands that direct changes to Social Security means some group is going to lose out and be worse off than they were before. Therefore, making any direct changes to Social Security prior to an election is akin to political suicide.

Long story short, President Trump's budget is bound to hit on a number of talking points, but it's unlikely to incite any change to the existing structure of the Social Security program.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2019/03/14/trump-outlines-a-significant-social-security-cut-i.aspx

• Well Said! 1

10 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

In other words, Trump understands that direct changes to Social Security means some group is going to lose out and be worse off than they were before. Therefore, making any direct changes to Social Security prior to an election is akin to political suicide.

Long story short, President Trump's budget is bound to hit on a number of talking points, but it's unlikely to incite any change to the existing structure of the Social Security program.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2019/03/14/trump-outlines-a-significant-social-security-cut-i.aspx

Thanks for the article.   It seems those cuts will not happen.   I thought, does he want to lose the election?!    Many of his supporters are seniors.

12 minutes ago, Debp said:

Thanks for the article.   It seems those cuts will not happen.   I thought, does he want to lose the election?!    Many of his supporters are seniors.

You can be sure that the ever aggravated anti President factions will do all they can to discredit him.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think this is what Covid-19 is for....  we don't seem to be able to fix Social Security so God's doing it for us....   just get rid of a bunch of the old and infirm so it will last longer.

Seriously this is just a MSM talking point that has been used against the President.  He has told us over and over that he does not intend to cut Social Security for us old folks and Medicare too.         You will probably see this over all the controlled Media as the election gets closes.....     but one really has to remember that the president can't do anything to change the Social Security system or Medicare either without bills approved by both the House and Senate.

Democrats told us that Ronald Regan, and both of the Bushes were going to cut Social Security....   and they didn't.            

We do need to make some changes in the way things are done to get rid of a lot of corruption....   which will go a long way into fixing things.    Separating SSI from SS will also fix things...

The Social Security Program was never intended to be used for anyone under 62 years old, and actually to no one who had not paid into it....   SSI has helped to deplete the SS Funds.   Imaginary accounts of Treasury notes that the government spent on Viet Nam and welfare....

• Well Said! 2

19 hours ago, other one said:

I think this is what Covid-19 is for....  we don't seem to be able to fix Social Security so God's doing it for us....   just get rid of a bunch of the old and infirm so it will last longer.

Seriously this is just a MSM talking point that has been used against the President.  He has told us over and over that he does not intend to cut Social Security for us old folks and Medicare too.         You will probably see this over all the controlled Media as the election gets closes.....     but one really has to remember that the president can't do anything to change the Social Security system or Medicare either without bills approved by both the House and Senate.

Democrats told us that Ronald Regan, and both of the Bushes were going to cut Social Security....   and they didn't.            

We do need to make some changes in the way things are done to get rid of a lot of corruption....   which will go a long way into fixing things.    Separating SSI from SS will also fix things...

The Social Security Program was never intended to be used for anyone under 62 years old, and actually to no one who had not paid into it....   SSI has helped to deplete the SS Funds.   Imaginary accounts of Treasury notes that the government spent on Viet Nam and welfare....

BTW, was your Social Security increase much lower this year?   Mine was, as was my elderly mother's.   I was wondering if there could have been a mistake made?   Probably not, but wanted to ask someone else about their increase this year.    Off topic, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a very small cost of living increase.

25 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Just a very small cost of living increase.

Oh, thanks for answering.    Last year was a good increase....helpful with these yearly rent increases.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Debp said:

BTW, was your Social Security increase much lower this year?   Mine was, as was my elderly mother's.   I was wondering if there could have been a mistake made?   Probably not, but wanted to ask someone else about their increase this year.    Off topic, sorry.

it wasn't much as I remember, however I would have to go back and look to see how much it really was.