IGNORED

Gal 3:2-5 How did you receive the Spirit?

bcbsr

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,951
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

What I mean is,when I say personal revelation ,I mean.

A personal witnessing to my spirit.

Romans 8:16

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

this isn't scriptural ...my belief...he witnessed/testified to my spirit,that he was the Holy Spirit...God is a living Spirit,who is alive in me....Praise God!.

One verse does not make a theology... every verse has context which is: immediate verse, chapter, book, testament, whole Bible... as the Bible says there are divisions one should recognize

2 Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

in order to correctly interpret what God is saying everywhere as to one unified agreement...

2 Peter 1:20-21

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
KJV

45 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I hope you remember saying this when He asks you why you ripped 1st Corinthians chapters 12,13 and 14 out of your Bible and denied they exist.    If you don't, I'm sure He'll remind you.

The Bible is one of context and one should be able to discern that during the period God was Writing His NT of His blood certain concessions were to be made in order for not yet completed council of God, His Word, was completed... most in your camp do not give any credence to this and use the transitional stuff as the always stuff. But this can also be discerned through the study of His Word. 

Just now, Flowersun said:

That verse makes perfect sense to me.....and I stand by it...he testifies to our spirit...I will never deny that belief...

what about the Romans 10 passage that testifies that through the Scripture The Holy Spirit does this?

@Flowersun Read Psalms 119 and maybe you will better understand the Spiritual transmission of God to man through His Word...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

paul comes to mind realy dead in sin and on his way to lay hold of more of Gods kids,was no christian about to present the gospel there when Jesus spoke to him from a brite light.and he believed. being filled with the Holy spirit three days later.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Flowersun said:

But that wasn't the question you asked me.

i quoted that scripture...that he testifies to our spirits...there is nothing more to say..it's there in black and white...his word....and his truth..for which I can never deny.

the context of every verse must be taken through the entire sieve of Scripture or else you do not have the complete council of God on it!

2 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

paul comes to mind realy dead in sin and on his way to lay hold of more of Gods kids,was no christian about to present the gospel there when Jesus spoke to him from a brite light.and he believed. being filled with the Holy spirit three days later.

The Church and communication to was being set up if you ignore this fact you are taking that transitional nature of time when written and make for everybody for all time and the Scripture does not support this... take for instance Paul speaking to His s/Spiritual son Timothy 

1 Tim 5:23

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
KJV

If healing was to be for all time in the church why does Paul not heal his loved one... the fact is after Acts into the epistles miracles go away to not being spoken of again ... an honest pursuit in The Scripture would be to discern why... and since I have been born 1957 nothing of the charismatic movement images what Christ ministry was on earth why? This is the pursuit of God in His Word .... why are they not emptying out the children's wards of hospital as Jesus emptied all infirmities in His time

John 21:24-25

24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
KJV

12 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

I don't agree with that..it's your way of thinking...doesn't make you right..I quoted that verse...he testifies to our spirit..nothing more to say...I stand by my post.

Read all of Romans 8....Life through the Spirit.

The unity of Scripture Jesus testifies of

John 5:39-40

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
KJV

Also this 

Isa 28:10-13

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
KJV

It must be sought with all of ones heart or not sought at all... it is light unto path which we walk here!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,996
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

@Flowersun Read Psalms 119 and maybe you will better understand the Spiritual transmission of God to man through His Word...

Paul told to a GrecoRoman the Macedonian man who never read scriptures and perhaps never heard about the bible...new testiment and old...

Only had his idolatry and occult books....but still understand and relate to the Gospel...AND HE BELIEVED - PAUL WELCOME HIM IN the Family of Jesus Christ...

The Holy Spirit use what he had his idolatry belief ...to prepared his heart...

He only had a Greek-Roman belief system...God had prepared these Nations for the Good news of Jesus Christ....but you will deny that without doing first your research.

Jesus revealed to Paul that those Gentiles are ripped and ready to believe...hungry for the Gospel..That he will conquer the Greeks and the Romans and will set his Throne in their mists...

The People whom God had rejected became the foundation for Jesus Christ Gospel...by the thousands gave their lives to die in the lions dens....the Jews did not die...the Gentiles die in the Lions....but you do not want to think about that....the church was built upon their blood....

Their sacrifice boom the numbers of the believers...

Jesus Christ must have made them very strong in their hearts without the written word....they had the Presence of the  Holy Spirit and his word of encouragement....

They had the blood of the Lamb and their testimony...the witness of the Holy Spirit..  

• This is Worthy 1