Reacting to mental issues

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Seeing  this really strikes a chore with me.  Something that people, especially Christians need to be mindful of.

I've seen and experienced where persons confess to suffer from mental issues eg depression and people hearing of this  dismiss their issues  or berate them for it even asking-What they have to be depressed  about  etc.

Depression can lead to suicide! 

I think especially as Christians  we need to beat each others burdens more.

Screenshot_2020-03-18-14-57-45-1.png

Edited by creativemechanic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Reacting to D
Who/what is D?
defeat? despair?
(you may want to use a dictionary because of the 'bottle messages
police":)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

Mental health awareness has progressed a lot over the past few years. I've seen it much more frequently in older generations, but there's a stigma against seeking therapy and mental health help. This can lead to a lot of misinformation or false views on people with mental health issues. On the contrary, I've seen that younger people seem to be a lot more open regarding therapy and mental health, to the point that can be talked about relatively casually. Given this generational divide, I think it would be fair to say that society as a whole is developing a healthier view of how to approach mental health issues, with newer generations coming into a world where those kinds of issues aren't as stigmatized.

A lot of it comes down to what people know about mental health issues, and fortunately people know a lot more about them now than they did a few decades ago. Give it some time, society is evolving on this issue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I don't have any "issues" with discussing mental health, ...38 years ago my mind "snapped," a carry over from my Psychedelic drug use as a teenager back in the 60's, ...the Mental Health people diagnosed me as schizophrenic, paranoid, depressive, and were going to hospitalize me, ...however in God's grace He intervened and for some unknown reason,...they allowed me to be an outpatient, ...if I promised to faithfully take their drugs, the first night I "took" their drugs and I started to "come on" like when I dropped Acid, ...no more drugs for me, ...a few days later a friend took me to church and they gave me a Bible with the words of Jesus in red, I read those words over and over and over, and after 18 months of "reading" those words in red and at the same time of "learning" how to "fit" back into society they "declared" me sane, ...so, ...what do you want to discuss?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

It is important to be aware of mental illness and know that these people need compassion, understanding and prayers. There is nothing worse than for a person to tell someone who has a mental illness that they are possessed. That is far from the truth. The brain gets a sickness just like the rest of the body. God is with them. God loves them. It takes a lot of courage to deal with a mental illness because it is difficult. 

• Well Said! 1