• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

A lot of people are afraid in this country and I have seen the fear in some of the posts in this forum. Fear has been inflamed by the false media in this country and unfortunately many of the politicians are allowing it to fuel their decisions as well, though I suspect an agenda as I see more of our liberties taken away without a fight due to fear.

I know I could simply tell you to have faith, and that is good advice, but maybe some statistics would help. I was reading various statistics this morning. In China there have been reported cases of the coronavirus of 82,308.  Of this amount 78,992 fully recovered. There were a total of 3,316 deaths, so a death rate of .04 percent.  CNN recently reported that the expected death rate in America from the coronavirus would be .66 percent, so something doesn't add up. Thus I will also coin the phrase "false news".  In China the cases of coronavirus averaged out to be 60 people out of 1 million people were getting infected that is .00006 percent of the population.  So the coronavirus isn't hiding behind every corner, also if you did beat the odds and actually get the virus your recovery rate is very, very, very likely.

Another statistic. There are now reported cases in America of 188,247 resulting in 3,921 deaths. That means if using this figure a total of 184,326 have recovered. a death rate of 0.020829 (less than China).  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

17 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Another statistic. There are now reported cases in America of 188,247 resulting in 3,921 deaths. That means if using this figure a total of 184,326 have recovered. a death rate of 0.020829 (less than China).  

Tigger,

These are real people dying, not statistics. I, along with lots of other people, were praying unceasingly for a pastor who didn’t make it. It just came out of nowhere and killed him.

My young daughter’s best friend is texting her worried because her mom is a cardiac nurse, but has now been assigned to Covid-19 patients and she is scared every single day.

These are not numbers, or a virus happening to other people on the news. All of  us are at risk.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

11 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Tigger,

These are real people dying, not statistics. I, along with lots of other people, were praying unceasingly for a pastor who didn’t make it. It just came out of nowhere and killed him.

My young daughter’s best friend is texting her worried because her mom is a cardiac nurse, but has now been assigned to Covid-19 patients and she is scared every single day.

These are not numbers, or a virus happening to other people on the news. All of  us are at risk.

yes that is what the statistic means that there are deaths. Death is part of life. But there needs to be perspective and not fear. More people die of car accidents but people don't refuse to get in cars or go places. More people die of influenza but no one hides from that if fear, they simply take necessary precautions. We murder more babies from abortion in this country every year than will die of corona virus. Just a little perspective please.

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

17 hours ago, worthlessness1979 said:

I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far 4 people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.

The virus is just a bogeyman to allow the Communists to conquer the US without a fight. If they invaded with weapons, the number of armed people in the US would send those Commies back home in a flash as they deserve (although the US actually is also home to plenty of Reds these days). The virus allows the US to be invaded without a bullet being fired. Think - they've cancelled transport, shut down business, prohibited churches, all in a matter of weeks. So think of the Coronavirus as a sort of serial-killer's ugly puppet, which he uses to get you to invite him into your home (to protect you from the puppet, of course), when the real threat is protruding from the puppet's rear. If you've ever had a cold or the 'flu', you know what this Coronavirus will be like. We just don't have any data to say otherwise, as they've only recently started testing for "coronavirus", and even then, how do we know the tests are accurate? Imagine all the people in the world who died of old age last night, and then divide by 5. That's how many people have died of Coronavirus during its entire, months-long reign of "terror". So if you fear Coronavirus, how much more should you fear old age?

49 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

True. And how many more have actually had Coronavirus and it was diagnosed as just another cold or flu, or didn't even go to the doctor because they were too busy, or the doctor was too expensive (or unreliable). The true rate of cases is probably at least 100 times higher, meaning the death rate is like 2 in 10,000 tops. Apparently, most of those who died with Coronavirus also had some other problems, so unless you have cancer or heart disease or something, the odds are looking good, even if you catch it.

Ultimately, we're all going to die one day. Hopefully of old age (or a combination of Coronavirus and old age, hard to tell the difference these days), but the main thing is that your sins are forgiven through Christ's sacrifice for you. Now a death without your sins being forgiven - falling into the hands of a wrathful God - that is a thought even the young should be terrified of.

Edited by Gershom_young
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,848
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  226
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I am always ok God has shown me how much He loves in many ways throughout the years and as I told my granddaughter who was so upset that she may have given me the virus I will only die when God says it is my time and then I get to be with HIM :emot-highfive: I truly don't believe it is going to be via this virus but hey it is NOT my concern it is in Gods hands and I am content for it to be so :emot-hug:  :heart:

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  168
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

2 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

A lot of people are afraid in this country and I have seen the fear in some of the posts in this forum. Fear has been inflamed by the false media in this country and unfortunately many of the politicians are allowing it to fuel their decisions as well, though I suspect an agenda as I see more of our liberties taken away without a fight due to fear.

I know I could simply tell you to have faith, and that is good advice, but maybe some statistics would help. I was reading various statistics this morning. In China there have been reported cases of the coronavirus of 82,308.  Of this amount 78,992 fully recovered. There were a total of 3,316 deaths, so a death rate of .04 percent.  CNN recently reported that the expected death rate in America from the coronavirus would be .66 percent, so something doesn't add up. Thus I will also coin the phrase "false news".  In China the cases of coronavirus averaged out to be 60 people out of 1 million people were getting infected that is .00006 percent of the population.  So the coronavirus isn't hiding behind every corner, also if you did beat the odds and actually get the virus your recovery rate is very, very, very likely.

This is assuming China's numbers are true, which, knowing the CCP, is doubtful.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

More people die of car accidents but people don't refuse to get in cars or go places

This is a major false equivalency.

A better comparison would be if a local government notified us that a highly used bridge could collapse  at any moment and would kill 50 people instantly and injure hundreds of others; and then pleaded with us to  avoid the bridge.
Would you take that seriously and experience fear if you believed that your loved ones weren’t heeding the warning and still driving over the bridge, or would you start quoting statistics about many more people dying daily on highways that don’t have bridges?

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,848
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  226
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Just thought you may like this from a friend on another ( animal rescue )  site 

Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lockdown! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything and certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. I haven't spoken to the kettle....he was steaming and the vacuum cleaner told me to suck it up (rude!!) In the end the iron calmed me down as she said everything will be fine no situation is too pressing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, worthlessness1979 said:

I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far 4 people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.

I got a wonderful reminder for you my friend .      WHO is IN CONTROL .       MY LORD AND MY GOD .     In the times of great darkness , i shall not fear for MY GOD IS WITH ME .

And though i walk through the valley of covid nineteen i shall fear no plague , FOR GOD IS WITH ME .      I do not tempt the LORD ,  but i DO NOT FEAR this one bit .

I have found only more and more peace even RIGHT NOW as our numbers rise like a watered green tree .

FOR IMMANUEL means IMMANUEL .    OUR LORD is with us .   Let us cling to HIM and have all HOPE in HIM .

Advice on washing your hands .      I do .  and i do not at all touch my face .     Just the simple things .   But i work and continue to work , shop and continue to shop , and have all peace .

And its not because i think i am something special , nor anything great .   I am but dust and ash my friend ,  BUT WHO WE SERVE ,  HE IS GREAT and HE IS our HOPE and our ALL IN ALL .

Do not fear this .     One more thing .  i would also advise you to get some aloe vera gel .   After washing your hands , put it on .    

May the peace of our LORD be upon you and if any fears ,  REMIND THEM OF THE TOTAL HOPE we have in CHRIST .     Now i have one more reminder for you .

PUT THE PRAISE MUSIC ON , AND LEAP UP AND START PRAISING THE LORD .       OH the LORD inhabits the praises of his peoples .    The only thing one has to fear 

IS ,  to leave this earth not knowing CHRIST .      LAMBS KNOW HIM and thus we have ALL HOPE .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  109

9 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

This is a major false equivalency.

A better comparison would be if a local government notified us that a highly used bridge could collapse  at any moment and would kill 50 people instantly and injure hundreds of others; and then pleaded with us to  avoid the bridge.
Would you take that seriously and experience fear if you believed that your loved ones weren’t heeding the warning and still driving over the bridge, or would you start quoting statistics about many more people dying daily on highways that don’t have bridges?

Then imagine that this same government starting banning cars in case people used them to cross this pupportedly dangerous bridge, and confining people to their homes in case they might try to cross the bridge on foot, and started banning churches in case people had to cross the bridge to get to church, and started banning international travel in case foreigners who hadn't heard of the dangerous bridge might try to cross it. Hasn't this dull government heard of signposts? That's a better comparison to this cold epidemic.

Edited by Gershom_young
  • Thumbs Up 1