• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I am a person trying to find her faith and was raised without a religion. I don't have the concept of religion in my mind. I don't know how people choose a religion. 

I really have strong belief in God and I want to choose my faith cause I believe it will make me closer to him but I am really confused.

I think people who are raised with a religion are stronger in belief cause they grown up with this religion but for people like me, I really don't know how to choose one and what to consider.

Should I follow my heart? I read most parts of the holy books to get an idea but I am really confused. Some parts are just not clear in my mind whenever I read one of the holy books cause I always remember the things that were told to me since my childhood since I was raised without a religion but my heart says one of the Abrahamic religions  (Judaism, Christianity or Islam) is right but I need help on how to choose one. Could you share your experiences with me? I would really appreciate that.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

idil,

The word “gospel” simply means “good news”.   See the good news is that there is salvation available to all who seek to know God. Jesus' death on the cross to atone for all mankind's sin has made peace with God. God used Christ's shed blood on the cross and our faith as a means of bringing all who believe to Him. If we will believe that Jesus died for us on the cross, shedding his blood for us, and in our place we are assured eternal life.

God loves you and wants you to experience the peace and life He offers. He has a plan for you.

John 3 : 16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life”

Being at peace with God is not automatic. By nature, we are all separated from Him. God is holy, but we are human and don’t measure up to His perfect standard.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

Romans 6 : 23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God’s love bridges the gap of separation between you and Him. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins. You cross the bridge into God’s family when you accept Christ’s free gift of salvation.

1 Peter 2 : 24 He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.

John 1 : 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

To receive Christ and eternal life, Admit you’re a sinner, asking Jesus for forgiveness and be willing to turn away from your sins. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross.

Romans 10 :13 Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”

A prayer you can pray to receive Christ   “Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will. In your name, amen.”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, idil said:

Hello everyone,

I am a person trying to find her faith and was raised without a religion. I don't have the concept of religion in my mind. I don't know how people choose a religion. 

I really have strong belief in God and I want to choose my faith cause I believe it will make me closer to him but I am really confused.

I think people who are raised with a religion are stronger in belief cause they grown up with this religion but for people like me, I really don't know how to choose one and what to consider.

Should I follow my heart? I read most parts of the holy books to get an idea but I am really confused. Some parts are just not clear in my mind whenever I read one of the holy books cause I always remember the things that were told to me since my childhood since I was raised without a religion but my heart says one of the Abrahamic religions  (Judaism, Christianity or Islam) is right but I need help on how to choose one. Could you share your experiences with me? I would really appreciate that.

When you walk in nature and you look around, and its Spring Time, and the flowers are glowing their colors and the sun is warm on your skin, and the blue sky is so pure and lovely up above.

And you walk on the beach or on a shoreline, and you hear the waves and you see the beautiful color of the water as the morning sun is causing the water to look like a beautiful blue green emerald.

You later see the sun setting and its a glorious ball of red as it descends and begins to light the darkening sky a dazzling amber and crimson red and you feel so alive as these colors change for you in the sky like magic.

You are in a park and children are playing and they are laughing and this laughter is so sweet, and so innocent, and so pure.

You are looking at a night sky and the stars, like diamonds are twinkling and blinking and shining down their  warm greetings to you.

You are AWARE of all these things that are all around you all the time...

So, wouldn't you want to belong to the One True God who created not only ALL this Beauty, but also created YOU to be able to perceive it?

Don't you want to belong to the  One True God who is the artist of all Creation who paints the colors of LIFE ?

Jesus is the  only Way to this God.  Jesus is the Holy One who loves you and died for you so that you can be in the family of God, joined to this amazing loving God, for all eternity.

This amazing GOD loves you and wants you to be with Him.........forever.

Believe NOW in Jesus, and join this God who loves you.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, idil said:

Hello everyone,

Hi and welcome!   Christianity isn't really about a religion, but rather about a relationship with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are forgiven through what Christ did for us on the cross.  (He also rose from the dead.)  None of us can become good enough to stand before a holy God....but in Christ, we can be forgiven!   

You will learn more as you read the Bible.   Start with the Gospel of John in the New Testament.   This Gospel has alot of words from Christ, and is the one new Christians usually start with. 

Also, pray, ask God for forgiveness, believe in Jesus as your own Savior.   Find a church where the Bible is taught as the Word of God....and where the people are loving.

inspirational-psalm-86-5.jpg.66ffed3bf0722d750f2b8408333fd59e.jpg

psalm-27-1-protection.jpg.de0456d3328b5f471ae892d82fb70d4b.jpg

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, idil said:

Hello everyone,

You do not have to choose "a religion" that is not what is important. What is important is your relationship with God. You can be a "Christian" without a religion label. You can go to a community Church. It is important to choose a Church that is preaching the true Word of God. No false teaching. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hello! I was raised Christian, and I deeply appreciate that part of my upbringing. To share an experience, I took care of my grandmother for a long while. She had some health issues and dementia. She was always very whimsical (in a good way) and headstrong before the dementia, but after she got it she became abusive and qualified as a danger to herself and others. One of her doctors actually considered her medically psychotic. I stuck with that until she died, and while I was supposed to inherit everything, her spending went out of control in those last few years so there wasn't much left to inherit and the house was deep into foreclosure. I scrambled to find a job locally despite having back issues that sometimes lead to severe pain, but I couldn't find anything in time. I was on the verge of homelessness but one of my relatives unexpectedly invited me to stay with them.

That ended up being chapter two in abuse by relatives. I was supposed to go there, stabilize, and work toward getting my own place, but it basically ended up being stuck in the middle of nowhere doing slave labor with no means of contacting the outside world. My diet was largely cheap ramen. I got severely sick for a prolonged period and got a single ride to the doctor, but never to the follow up the doc wanted to rule out liver cancer. It turned out I wasn't getting my mail, either, and I missed an appearance in court for a disability hearing because of that.

Anyway after about a year of being in that situation my grandmother from the other side of the family unexpectedly entered the picture. I hadn't had any contact with her in years and we were never really close, but she ended up stepping in on my behalf. Within a short while of that my disability lawyer contacted me out of the blue and told me my disability claim had been approved, which was also really unexpected since I missed the hearing and quite a bit of time had passed since then. These days I have a pretty peaceful life in my own house, and I feel like my faith was tested and became stronger for it. I attribute coming out of that situation okay and the change in fortune to God.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, idil said:

Hello everyone,

As a Christian, I can recommend Christianity. Jesus Christ is/was God in flesh (Matthew 1:23). I would suggest you read the Bible from beginning to end. I think it will give you a clearer understanding.