IGNORED

The Shakings are beginning (written in late 2019)

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Thank you Gids, though I'm actually a sister :)

Glory and amen!  May God show His children His strength at this time.

Blessings!

LOL. I have made that error a time or two before. My apologies.

Gids

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

This identifies you as a purveyor of falsehood. Not only is this a lie but you clearly don't understand the first thing about brokenness based upon all of the chest-thumping and straw man bashing which are hallmarks of your contributions here on Worthy. If you did then the fruit would be evident in your writing which it is not. You devote a great deal of bandwidth castigating others as insincere and falling short of your standards: "false grace" as you've characterized it elsewhere. Only the Lord --- not "Gids" --- knows the depths of our hearts. Jesus Christ knows the full measure of a man or woman but as for you, you're blinded by the jungle in your eye... how can you even begin to point out motes in the eyes of others?

I have yet to read an edifying word hiding in your diatribes. No... copying and pasting scriptures doesn't justify how you twist and warp them to suit your hyper-critical narrative. God is love... not Gids.

Brother, I am sorry you feel that way. My motives are not to tear down but to awaken all who call upon the name of the Lord to what God  has clearly promised us. Unfortunately, in order to receive what He has for us, we have to admit we need more than just forgiveness, as wonderful as it is. 

He promises to cause us to obey Him. He promises to plant us as victors over the world, our rebellious flesh snd the devil. Why do you not fond that edifying? Do you believe He can and will do so if we trust Him to do as He has clearly promised?  

blessings, 

Gids

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, *Zion* said:

I am not saying that it's ok for people to just walk away from Jesus.  You are quite right, he is not a subscription, or an order on a product, but the King of Kings and the Lord of Lord - Our God, the All Consuming Fire.  We should not be deceived, He is not mocked.  He is worthy so much more than we could ever give Him.  

And yet, He gives us free will to walk away.  That's our choice, that is on us.  We can break covenant if we so choose, but once we do, we come out from under its protection, providence, grace, seal.

I hope that's cleared things up.  

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
No one will snatch them out of my hand, means no one, not even yourself. Unless you call God a liar?

Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
There is a difference between knowing the truth and believing the truth. The ones who truly believe Jesus is the way the truth and the life, are saved.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Not everyone who says they believe are true believers.

Wouldn't it be more in line with scripture to say that if you are truly saved, you are always saved. You won't even walk away anymore. God's promise.
Ones that walk away, those are the ones that weren't saved from the beginning. (false converts)
That is also why Jesus gave many warnings concerning false converts, false teachings and wolves among sheep.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1 hour ago, Wesley L said:

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
No one will snatch them out of my hand, means no one, not even yourself. Unless you call God a liar?

Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
There is a difference between knowing the truth and believing the truth. The ones who truly believe Jesus is the way the truth and the life, are saved.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Not everyone who says they believe are true believers.

Wouldn't it be more in line with scripture to say that if you are truly saved, you are always saved. You won't even walk away anymore. God's promise.
Ones that walk away, those are the ones that weren't saved from the beginning. (false converts)
That is also why Jesus gave many warnings concerning false converts, false teachings and wolves among sheep.

Why are we so quick to judge and condemn each other???

If people were bound against their choice then what do you call the biblically prophesied apostasy?  There will be a falling away, no too ways about it.

Those who are genuine believers will stand with God, no doubt about that.  People can grow into that genuineness as their walk with God gets more intimate, and people can slowly over time stiffen their necks too.

Why would I call God a liar???  What if I accused you of doing the same???  Please stop behaving this way, just because you disagree with a post.  It can do more harm than you think, especially to weaker believers, those new in the Lord or those on tender ground.

Let's put on the love of God, folks.  If ever there was a time, now is it.

7 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Why are we so quick to judge and condemn each other???

If people were bound against their choice then what do you call the biblically prophesied apostasy?  There will be a falling away, no too ways about it.

Those who are genuine believers will stand with God, no doubt about that.  People can grow into that genuineness as their walk with God gets more intimate, and people can slowly over time stiffen their necks too.

Why would I call God a liar???  What if I accused you of doing the same???  Please stop behaving this way, just because you disagree with a post.  It can do more harm than you think, especially to weaker believers, those new in the Lord or those on tender ground.

Let's put on the love of God, folks.  If ever there was a time, now is it.

Hi Zion,

Maybe you misunderstood my point? I was not judging. I was questioning.

God said, once saved, He will give eternal life. They will NEVER perish and NO ONE will snatch them out of my hand.
Maybe I should ask you a few questions to clarify.

1.  How do you understand this verse?
2. When is the moment that God promises eternal life for the believer,that they will never perish and that no one can snatch them out of God's hands?

I genuinely am trying to share God's word with you. Not trying to judge.

"Unless you call God a liar"?  That's some statement, my friend.  Excessive at the very least, just to try to prove a point.

I believe the verse you presented spoke of genuine believers, in that for some faith is an instant response, and that for others its something they grow into - but once they are there, they are there.

Now I ask you: when is the moment that a person decides they've had enough of God?  Some people actually decide that, and they of their own free will walk away from Him.

I am genuinely trying to understand your point of view.  As for sharing God's word, do you mean to preach it to me?  Or do you respect me as a fellow sister in Christ to understand my point of view also?

Please don't turn this into a knowledge superiority contest, I am not interested in the doctrines of men.  But if we could dare agree to edify one another in truth and love, that would be great.

Bless you, brother.

32 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

when is the moment that a person decides they've had enough of God?  Some people actually decide that, and they of their own free will walk away from Him.

Thanks for the reply. We are getting somewhere.
I believe there are many people going to churches, seeking God for all the wrong reasons. (NOTE: I am certainly not saying this about you, I am talking about unsaved people)

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
Matthew 6:21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also

These two verses tell me that it is important to have the right heart focusing on the right treasure = Truth. Jesus asks for genuine faith.
If someone goes for prosperity and thinks that Jesus is the way to their prosperity. There is a chance that he/she will go to church, think they belief genuinely, get baptized. But later on the road decide to walk away confused or disappointed.
The reason for the confusion or disappointment is because they never believed the real Truth. They believed a fake truth, made up by their own desires.
Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

So getting back to your question. When a person decided they've had enough of God:
- unsaved people >>> anytime they feel like, they weren't near God to begin with.
- saved person >>> never, but they can have struggles, but will persevere. Not because a saved person is so great, God is great and keeps His promises!

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Will this answer your question?
Do I know who these unsaved people are? No, I do not know. Only God knows the heart.

Edited by Wesley L
grammar + last sentence

32 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

Thanks for the reply. We are getting somewhere.

Are we?  Time will tell.  

We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling by the bible.

The bible also tells us, that God can choose to blot some names from the Book of Life.

His choice.  You can't hold him hostage on that one, or anything, really.  Not saying 'you' personally, just.... whoever should choose to.

I still find you condescending and critical, as you may or may not wish to acknowledge, but you are totally free in whether to change your tone or not.

Either way, I agree to disagree.  That doesn't mean you're wrong, in fact I agree with much of what you say.  I don't have to nit-pick you for error, and I don't have to impose my views on you.  But I do believe it is possible for one to actually lose their salvation.  

Sorry if that irks you, but even if I am wrong, I don't have to batter you down to try to save face.

Jesus loves people, even if they fall away or turn from Him.  Jesus loves you.  Find acceptance, approval, and validation in this alone.

Again, God bless you.

42 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Amen....I find him extremely judgemental....can you pray for me,that I don't lose it.lol....I'm going for a lay down.lol.

I think sometimes we just have to agree to disagree, especially when the discussion becomes less than civil. 

Having said that, sometimes the struggle to understand each other is worth the discussion, even if it gets difficult, if the desire to come out with a better understanding is genuine.

Sometimes takes a while to learn who to 'entertain' as it were, and who to not give so much attention to, especially where keeping the peace in our hearts is concerned.  So good on you for being determined to retain it :thumbsup:

Still hard to implement all this, at times, but God preserves us by His Spirit and His Word, even in times of shaking (have to at least try to crawl back on track, and not derail the thread completely :D)

Bless you, Flowersun.

16 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

The bible also tells us, that God can choose to blot some names from the Book of Life.

Scripture?